Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sometimes they do double elimination weeks. Final is usually 3 or 4 acts I think.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I see Francis is still lying about being a poor unemployed single mother. The evidence just keeps piling up to the contrary. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. I watched about 10 minutes of one episode and never watched another. I was SO excited for this to start but it really sucked and the contestants I saw were awful and now the Francis story just put the nail in the coffin.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I like this show way better than the last season of Idol. But jeez that results show was dull. Glad that a group left.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The results show is te worst part of it. They used to do both shows on the same night giving the public about an hour to vote and then they'd come back. Now the spin the whole thing out for an hour including the craptacular mimed group song.

While i'm glad intensity went (they never should have been put together let alone made it to the finals. And seriously the lead girl had a horrible voice) did anyone else spot the fact that during their survival song, none of the stereo hogzz (bar the lead singer) had their microphones anywhere near their mouths when the backing vocals kicked in? That isn't a group - it's a solo singer with four dancers - the rest of them don't sing. The tall one doesn't ever bother to put the mic anywhere near his mouth - it was even more obvious at judges houses!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Simon totally ripped off Rachel's version of "Walking On Sunshine" from an auditionee on UK X Factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRG7N_koxF0

And what was worse was Simon said he was being "original" about the lyric changes!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Yea, I noticed that too. IMO it was even worse than what he did last week putting Simone with Cher's "Just Be Good to Me" song (she failed miserably in comparison). I suppose next week he'll have a boy singing First Time Ever I saw your Face and then have Melanie singing "Teardrops" and say its the most amazing original thing he's ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    The results show is te worst part of it. They used to do both shows on the same night giving the public about an hour to vote and then they'd come back. Now the spin the whole thing out for an hour including the craptacular mimed group song.
    That can't work in the US. We have six time zones-- that wouldn't allow any contestant from the west coast, Alaska, or Hawaii have the opportunity to garner votes in their home state.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    You U.S.'ers are so difficult...

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought Astro's stock really rose last night. His lyrics and his performance were great.

Been saying all along that Josh should do Joe Cocker.

Lakota Rayne, the Hogzz, or Stacey Francis can go home. I wasn't crazy about Marcus either, but I have liked his past performances.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    That can't work in the US. We have six time zones-- that wouldn't allow any contestant from the west coast, Alaska, or Hawaii have the opportunity to garner votes in their home state.
    Apparently it doesn't work for the show's bottom line either, with a full 24 hours to fill the coffers, it's quids in compared to an hour.

vCash
    For what its worth, on the official youtube page, the # of views per contestant...

Rachel 65K
    Astro 57K
    Drew 46K
    Melanie 45K
    Chris 44K
    Josh 37K
    Marcus 35K
    Stacy 32K
    Leroy 27K
    Lakoda Rayne 26K
    Stereo Hogzz 24K

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    are the hogzz friendless orphans? they can't buy votes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Paula kinda deserved this fate for getting rid of the group with the most commercial appeal (the Brewer Boys). They would've gotten a good chunk of the tween voters. But I guess Paula sabotage them on purpose since they were too "WGWG" (white guys with guitar) and could've threaten a girl winner.

Stereo Hogzz remind of a dated 90s boyband. I personally thought The Anser wuzrobbed at JH, so I'm happy with today's elimination.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I missed the performance show again this week, so only saw tonight. Good gawd if the show wanted to make a point the opening number was NOT lip synched (due to the horrible job they did last week faking it), they sure proved their point! That group number was terrible! And the two groups singing to save their spot?! Even worse! When they were done I said "can we kick them both out please?!". I still don't see any of these people having any shot of any kind of career beyond a mandatory "we have to release it because they won" record, certainly not earning that $5 mil on that contract, that's for sure. Maybe next week I can judge better since I have not seen the performance shows the last two weeks, but what I have seen has been absolutely horrible.

And for gawd's sakes someone tell Paula this isn't the "Paula Show". I knew as soon as it was two groups in the bottom two she was going to go all "no no no I can't do it, I won't vote one of them out, I can't do it" crap that she did, even before the groups sang. Saw that coming a freaking thousand miles away. I hope that final group is gone next week just to get her to stop her dramatics. I loved Paula and Simon together on American Idol, but not now. Now they are taking this pot full of boring talent and trying to make it all serious like these people are going to be the "next big thing" (not). None of these people would have even made the final cut of American Idol. I have been so disappointed in this whole show, but I'm still going to stick it out.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 11-11-2011 at 04:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Paula kinda deserved this fate for getting rid of the group with the most commercial appeal (the Brewer Boys). They would've gotten a good chunk of the tween voters. But I guess Paula sabotage them on purpose since they were too "WGWG" (white guys with guitar) and could've threaten a girl winner.
    Paula should've never let the 2 newly formed groups through. Any of the ones that she didn't put through would've fared better than the newly formed groups. I hope Lakoda Rayne gets eliminated next week, then what would Paula do for the rest of the show????

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Hang out with Corey Clark?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I'm kind of about how people were like "Idol sucks, bring on X Factor" this year.

There a few diamonds in the rough (Drew, Rachel, Melanie, Josh, Astro)...but most of them are second rate.

Paula's freak out was hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Paula's freak out was hilarious.
    That's what it was! It has been the most entertaining moment of the series so far! What will happen when Lakoda Rayne hits the bottom two next week? Will she revert to her American Idol personality? Poor girl will be sitting alone when all the acts and judges are on the stage.

ITA about The Anser. And Stereo Hogzz being a 90s band (Paula's genre, right?). And that the new formed groups should not have been formed.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Hang out with Corey Clark?
    he must need a new cell phone by now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It was the producers (Simon's?) choice to "create" groups because there apparently weren't enough decent prospects.
    Blame him.

I thought that "Intensity" were better than either the "Stereo Hogzz" or "Lakoda Rayne".

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast