Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Cowell shot down an Internet rumor that he is after pop star Beyonce for a new judge, saying that he hasn’t spoken to her while inadvertently revealing X Factor‘s budget. “I read it online that I offered her $100 million a year. It’s complete nonsense. The budget of the show is $100 million a year.” Also not on the list, fellow new mom Mariah Carey. “I would love her, but you can’t expect someone who’s just had two kids to make the kind of commitment you would need on this show.” Elton John? “No. He wouldn’t do it. And it would be very difficult to work with him.” Madonna? “She would be great” but “expensive.” Katy Perry? “She would be fun –she’s hard in a good way, and she’s feisty.”
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/simo...medium=twitter

vCash
    Cowell shot down an Internet rumour that he released himself in order to create publicity for the show.

vCash
    Oh and in case you missed it. "Want U Back" is the third single off Cher Lloyd's debut album and the single version features Astro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inwAc-ZBpx0

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I heard on news that X Factor is negotiating with Britney Spears, Fergie, and Janet Jackson. They want 2 female judges.

Josh is working with Adele's producer - record label yet to be named.

Rachel has a recurring role on a Nickelodeon show, a record contract with Columbia, and a contract with Nick for a pilot for her own show.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I heard on news that X Factor is negotiating with Britney Spears, Fergie, and Janet Jackson. They want 2 female judges.

Josh is working with Adele's producer - record label yet to be named.

Rachel has a recurring role on a Nickelodeon show, a record contract with Columbia, and a contract with Nick for a pilot for her own show.
    Thanks for the information.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Britney would be a great get but not sure how well she would do during live shows. She isn't the brightest nor the best speaker. However, Paula Abdul was on Idol for years and made a heck of a living out of being the dumb one, so...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Britney is seriously mentally ill and really dumb. This is surely just a rumour sent to generate interest in the show. I mean no way would she actually manage that.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    did you ever see the short lived reality show "hey paula?"

maybe it makes no sense, but simon likes his co stars to be shorter than him and dumb
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Britney is seriously mentally ill and really dumb. This is surely just a rumour sent to generate interest in the show. I mean no way would she actually manage that.
    Plenty of mentally ill people keep their problems under control with medical intervention and continue to lead quite wonderful lives which include working. She has gone on 2 tours since her breakdown and has done very well.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Plenty of mentally ill people keep their problems under control with medical intervention and continue to lead quite wonderful lives which include working. She has gone on 2 tours since her breakdown and has done very well.
    Of course they do but remember that Britney is still under her dad's legal guardianship and according to gossipy reports, she isn't doing well. On the contrary, she's only managing to work because the drugs keep her zombified.

To be on a show like this, you need to be outspoken and well spoken. Britney is very far from either.

vCash
    I had not heard that she wasn't doing well, all the things I have read is that she is doing quite well. Does a mentally ill person go on 2 World Tours and get engaged? I guess it is possible but she seems to be doing quite alright. I do think the drugs have her acting like a zombie, that has been evident from her performances and such but I suppose it is the lesser of two evils. I tend to think the gossip surrounding Britney is just that, gossip. It hardly seems to be true when it comes to her, people so badly want the sensational stories that she used to supply but it is just no longer true.
    -Brian

vCash
    With the recent success of boybands on US Itunes chart, Simon Cowell is now saying he wants to start an American version of One Direction.

I don't think the Melanie's or Josh's of the world will pull in any sales. They need a "One Direction" type of act on X-Factor USA that would pull in huge sales and be competitive with Idol winners like Scotty McCreery, et al.

vCash
    Yes, I am sure the winner of the next X Factor will be a boy band. No doubt about it. Boy Bands are coming back into popularity and they will pounce all over it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I had not heard that she wasn't doing well, all the things I have read is that she is doing quite well. Does a mentally ill person go on 2 World Tours and get engaged?
    Uhmm she is still under her father's conservatorship, over 3 years after the court's decision.

vCash
    Britney's not back to pre break down but she's doing great. She does seem to be on medication but that's not going to make her a bad mentor. She seems to be Bipolar 1 and needs that medication. The main issue I see her having on live tv is that when she's scared or uncomfortable it shows. But she will have the security of knowing that there is the other judges and host and the show doesn't ride on her shoulders. I think judging and mentoring could be really useful to Britney and she has a long history in the Biz (From a kid on Star search&MMC to 6 #1 albums and some really well known and well received tv performances and 6 major tours)that she could be really helpful to the contestants. She also has a very sweet personality and people are drawn to her that could be a bonus on a tv show if she can stay relaxed and comfortable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCgkjopjF-s and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVMh...eature=related

I don't know if she would really consider doing the show though and there could be an issue with insurance-though I'm not sure if that would be as big thing on a show like Xfactor. One of the reasons that Britney is still in the Conservatorship is that with her history of mental illness (and a knee injury) it's hard for her to get tour insurance with out the added security of the Conservatorship. And she is being sued by the man that her parents blame as a facilitator in Britney's breakdown but she has a restraining order and doesn't want to testify. They are fighting it and the Conservatorship makes that easier.

So who knows if Britney would want to do it or if the show thinks she would be worth it. But to say she couldn't do it because of her mental illness I don't think is fair or accurate.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122