Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    U-turns should be before roadblocks- otherwise, there is no chance.

But overall this leg was just boring. I loved the idea of the roadblock, but answer sharing ruined it.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I dvr'd it and was going to watch later Sunday night, but I was so annoyed when my mother told me who was out that I didn't watch. for the Cowboys. My mother was very annoyed with the answer sharing and thought they should make that against the rules.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethAnne View Post
    It was Zev & Justin that gave the Trotters the answer to the flags challenge in Australia too. However this time the Trotters solicited the answer. That's just plain cheating in my books and it spoiled the episode.
    For me it's not so much he asked, but moreso that he would've given them crap if they didn't give him an answer. WTF? At this rate I hope this bites Zev/Justin in the rear (x2) and also that the Trotters don't win. It absolutely took the fun out of the episode.

They mentioned at the top of the episode that the remaining teams (less Goths) have been sharing info all season. I hope now that they're more or less the only teams left, they'll start to RAAAAAACE.

Also, as whiney as the Goths are, are they gaining momentum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Village Idiot View Post
    For me it's not so much he asked, but moreso that he would've given them crap if they didn't give him an answer. WTF?
    Exactly. I saw Justin hesitate, but he seemed to not want to anger Flight Time or even Jen. It's like Justin and Zev are the smart geeks getting A's, and the Globetrotters are the cool kids, so J/Z are trying to get the Trotters to like them to be in the "in" crowd. And everyone was so afraid of the Cowboys, but who has won the most legs this time around? Certainly not the Cowboys. If J/Z ever wise up and stop sharing info, they will certainly leave everyone in the dust. Just think of the lead J/Z would've built if Justin hadn't helped anyone.

vCash
    I wonder if there would be so much if it had been Kynt/Vyx who went out due to answer sharing. (Well, probably from Beefie since he loves things like "rules".)

Obviously it's not against the rules, since they aren't being given penalties for it and are not even having it be mentioned by Phil. Should they change the rules in the future? I want to say yes, but it's a possible gray line there. Unless these kinds of tasks come with a warning saying not to assist another team during a specific task, it might be hard to enforce a "no-help" rule.

That being said, the Cowboys did kind of screw themselves over. If Jet had gotten his answer correct the first time, all the answer sharing probably wouldn't have affected them so much. It seemed like a lot of the sharing came specifically because they saw that Jet had to go back and re-start the task. Why not share then if it helped ensure that a strong team stayed way in the back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I wonder if there would be so much if it had been Kynt/Vyx who went out due to answer sharing. (Well, probably from Beefie since he loves things like "rules".)
    Yes, quite correct. Albeit begrudingly! I am the Libraist Libra you'll ever meet.

Fairness. Harmony. Balance. For all.

Even Kynt.

vCash
    That being said, the Cowboys did kind of screw themselves over. If Jet had gotten his answer correct the first time, all the answer sharing probably wouldn't have affected them so much. It seemed like a lot of the sharing came specifically because they saw that Jet had to go back and re-start the task.
    The answer-sharing happened largely because The Cowboys were a strong team. Jet was not the only person who did not have the answer right the first time. One of the main reasons people shared answers with others and not with Jet was to try to get the Cowboys, who were viewed as a big threat, eliminated. In other words, it was their strength as a team that got the Cowboys elminated. I hate when that happens and I don't respect people who don't play the game particularly well, but stay in by getting help from others. And that last-minute U-turn was silly and pointless.

vCash
    Right...the other teams saw an opening to slow down and possibly get rid of a strong team and so they took it. In this case it ended up working. I'll admit the Cowboys weren't a favorite team of mine, so maybe that's why I can't really work up any outrage here.

Clueless American
    vCash
    The sharing of answers was just so wrong. It's not right that someone could totally go off course, get lost, but not have to do it again because someone told them the answer. They should have made them have the right odometer reading. I didn't like the answer sharing with the first episode task, I hated it this time. It just feels like people didn't really do the task. And I'm tired of speed bumps being so easy and quick. Maybe they should instead be forced to do a U Turn since they seem to be much more difficult than the speed bumps.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I don't think anybody knew the answer except Z/J. Jen (or Keisha whichever she was) lost her map and had no clue. She'd have had to go back without the answer and I think so would have almost everybody else. It would have totally changed the dynamics of the program. Jet got the answer wrong because he got lost and didn't deduct the *lost kilometers* from his total.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Beyond the crime itself, the thing about this is that the Cowboys were targeted despite having been about the 4th or 5th best team this season. Definitely behind the impressive Z&Justin and Gallory, and the steady Kishen, and also behind the Trotters unless you discount all of the undeserved "help" the latter have received. I'd be helping just the foundering, certain-to-eventually-completely-implode "dating" "goths" if I was any of the other teams.

Speaking of Justin, dontcha think that he's got to be considered one of the all-time best Racers? Alongside Colin, Zach, Chip I, Boston Rob, Eric, Meghan/Cheyne, and Kat, and handfull of others.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So did the Cowboys really have to eat that whole pot of cheese? The editing to me seemed like once they got u-turned, they knew they were last, they went to the site and had a toast (clicked their glasses) took a couple bites of cheese then left and went and checked in, since they knew they were out anyway. Did anyone else get that impression?

If the producers knew the Globes had already checked-in before and still made the Cowboys eat that whole pot of cheese when they were out anyway, man .... that's just mean!

I'd be puking for the rest of the year if I had to eat that whole pot of cheese!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I want an answer to the important question. I only have two picks left (I've already selected Gmal for next week). What happens when I run out of teams? Stupid Cowboys and Stupid Redheads.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    So much to say from this episode... guess I will break things down by teams... but first, I wish they would have had the entire leg in Liechtenstein! It would have been fun!

Zev & Justin - Like everyone else, I'm super annoyed that they shared the answers. Although, it appears as though Jen had the 22km herself and was just verifying with Justin before she gave the skier her answer. I'm surprised they went for the fondue task after what happened last week... kudos to Zev for pushing Justin through it. Some of their comments during the task were I have to consider them the strongest team since they've won the most legs of anybody. And they always seem to be way out in the front of the pack.

Kisha & Jen - my favorite team I love them because they don't ever get flustered and are very methodical with their approach to all of the tasks. I reallllllllly want to see them win a leg before this thing is over (or win the season, that'd be fine with me too). I imagine had they picked the luggage task from the start that they would have gotten 1st this week. Sigh. Still am just super impressed that they never seem to be at the back of the pack, I think I'd consider them among the most consistent racers the show's had.

Kent & Vyxsin - I'm past the point of annoyingness from this team, and it's turned into sheer amusement. I laughed my ass off at Kent every time he whined and bitched. I love how Vyxsin knows how to deal with this, she wasn't going to take any of his shit so she plopped his ass on the cart and pulled him all the way back I couldn't help but laugh at his comment when they were trying to go through the swirly doors and he said "don't touch them! They aren't happy when you touch them!" I was surprised Vyxsin did decently well with the moped task, seeing as her history with map reading has been atrocious. Then again, she might have just had the answer told to her... we didn't really get to see that one.

Gary & Mallory - I have no idea how a single person can have *that much* energy. Mallory makes for great TV. And they had a good rebound from the last leg. I'd be interested to see how long it took them to perform their speed bump, but I bet Gary picked up on the concept rather quickly. I thought this speed bump was a lot better than the other shitty speed bumps they've had in the past.. washing hair, sitting on blocks of ice, etc. This one at least required more than 2 brains cells to rub together.

Globetrotters - Okay, so I could not stand this team the first time around (AND THEY FREAKING QUIT), but they'd slowly been winning me back this season, but that went all out the door this episode. They went right back to the ways that got them so freaking far their first season, by letting everyone else do the work and just copying right off of them. If you pick apart the tasks that they've had to do on their own, you'll notice that they aren't particularly great at them. And in addition, u-turning the cowboys? Bleh. I get why they did it, but I still don't like it (or the U-turn). It'll put a huge damper on this season for me if they end up winning.

Jet & Cord - Well they gave it a good run... never had much of a complaint coming from them. Just some bad luck, but they had a good exit. I bet there's a lot of disappointed fans out there. Hope it doesn't prevent them from tuning in for the rest of the season.

vCash
    I was really angry last night but have calmed down now. One of the reasons I loved AR from the beginning was it was a reality show dependant on a team's ability to solve puzzles & clues on their own. I can understand comparing notes with 1 other team but not giving another team the answer. I agree that the PTB should do something to correct this...perhaps a 30 minute penalty for each correct answer given to another team? If they are not allowed to help another team finish a physical task more quickly than why should it be ok to pass on answers to puzzles?

vCash
    Right...the other teams saw an opening to slow down and possibly get rid of a strong team and so they took it. In this case it ended up working. I'll admit the Cowboys weren't a favorite team of mine, so maybe that's why I can't really work up any outrage here.
    But, you said that the Cowboys screwed themselves over by not getting it right the first time and you made it seem like it was their own fault. I don't see the logic in that. Most of the teams didn't get it right the first time. Jet is not different in that regard. But, as you say, you don't really like the Cowboys, so maybe that's why it doesn't matter to you if the others really earned their spot in the next round.

IMO, if there is a task, the contestants should really have to do the task. Though it might have been interesting to see Zev and Justin eat not only their cheese but someone else's as well.

vCash
    Most of the teams didn't get it right the first time. Jet is not different in that regard.
    I think Jet's big mistake was ditching Gary. This is the season of sharing. By being a loner, he was the only one who didn't have the answer told to him. Maybe he saw honor in figuring it out himself, maybe he thought he'd get it quickly and wanted to distance himself from Gary. But either way- by not being with another team, he ended up at the back of the pack. If he and Gary had been together, it's tough to say if they would have both been told the answer, and the detour would have been all the teams at the same time, or whether they would have taken a long time to figure it out together, and it would have been a race to the end between the two of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    But, you said that the Cowboys screwed themselves over by not getting it right the first time and you made it seem like it was their own fault. I don't see the logic in that. Most of the teams didn't get it right the first time. Jet is not different in that regard. But, as you say, you don't really like the Cowboys, so maybe that's why it doesn't matter to you if the others really earned their spot in the next round.
    Yes, as I said if Jet had gotten the answer correct the first time then the answer sharing probably wouldn't have affected them as badly. That part of the race the Cowboys had complete control over. Just because other teams also started over doesn't mean the Cowboys had a blunder there; without that mistake they might have still been fine for the rest of the leg.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm more annoyed that the Trotters shared the answer with Gary than anything else. Gallory should have been a bigger target than the Cowboys.

Re: the cheese eating. Editing was really weird on that task. I swear half way through the footage we were shown the fondue pot almost empty - then suddenly it was full again and we got all the belching

I've eaten Swiss fondue many times and while racing through it (and probably on an empty stomach) would be challenging, I have a hard time seeing just how freaking awful it was for the guys. Having to run afterwards? WOuld be bad, but the actual eating was played up in editing for sure, I bet.

I did like Zev's fondue jokes at the mat
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Yes, as I said if Jet had gotten the answer correct the first time then the answer sharing probably wouldn't have affected them as badly. That part of the race the Cowboys had complete control over. Just because other teams also started over doesn't mean the Cowboys had a blunder there; without that mistake they might have still been fine for the rest of the leg.
    But you could say that about the majority of teams on the majority of legs. Most teams makes some mistake at some point. Jet wasn't really any different.

The Globetrotters sucked on this leg and really should have been the ones to go home.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast