Thread: Evan Lysacek

vCash

Evan Lysacek

I Just saw an ad for a show on HGTV for next Sat. April 30th called Hollywood at Home and it showed Evan among some other stars.

vCash
    I saw the show yesterday. It's a very cool, ultra-modern-minimalist house. LOTS of black-and-white, as one would expect from Evan. (Exact opposite of Johnny-Rococco!) One odd thing: What's up with Evan's fixation with SKULLS?! He mentioned how his parents gave him a skeleton of an animal to hang above his fireplace because "I'm into skulls" (or paraphrase). He keeps a gold-plated human skull on his coffee table, too. LOL!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I saw the show yesterday. It's a very cool, ultra-modern-minimalist house. LOTS of black-and-white, as one would expect from Evan. (Exact opposite of Johnny-Rococco!) One odd thing: What's up with Evan's fixation with SKULLS?! He mentioned how his parents gave him a skeleton of an animal to hang above his fireplace because "I'm into skulls" (or paraphrase). He keeps a gold-plated human skull on his coffee table, too. LOL!
    Well, that's a big turnoff for me.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I saw it but wasn't wild about his house. Can appreciate the design aesthetic but doesn't look like a place one can get comfortable in. Too much white - god forbid you spilled a glass of wine. I just think too much about the practicality. It was showroom perfect but didn't seem to be livable.

vCash
    Well skulls seem to be a long lasting fad. I see them on EVERYTHING aimed at kids and teenagers. I've even seen them on little girl socks and underpants in Target. They're on mugs, tee shirts, giftwrap, cards stationary, linens - you name it! And don't forget those awful skull cargo pants Joey Buttafuoco used to wear.

Real skulls, now that is creepy! But then Evan has always reminded me of Jack Skellington when he wears head to toe black.

vCash
    Also being discussed in the Evan Lysacek thread starting on page 33 in case you missed it: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=74062&page=33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I don't think it's funny one bit to keep a gold-plated human skull as part of the decor. I think it's incredibly disrespectful. The soul it once belonged to was a person-a human being.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Well skulls seem to be a long lasting fad. I see them on EVERYTHING aimed at kids and teenagers. I've even seen them on little girl socks and underpants in Target. They're on mugs, tee shirts, giftwrap, cards stationary, linens - you name it! And don't forget those awful skull cargo pants Joey Buttafuoco used to wear.

Real skulls, now that is creepy! But then Evan has always reminded me of Jack Skellington when he wears head to toe black.

Yeah, skulls are cool and owning one feels "powerful" to many, many people. I don't get it, but I guess he's young and expressing himself. Not my taste, but to each his own.

IMO, the gold skull looked like it was made of ceramic, as did the buck over the fireplace. I doubt it was a real human skull.

OT: I'm more disgusted by the science exhibit that's touring the US using real human bodies that were donated to science. I won't even go inside a museum that has that on exhibit. *shudders*