Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    My pictures from the Toronto show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2974242...7626700532162/
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    ^ Thank you, thank you! You're all spoiling us with these wonderful pictures and reviews.

vCash
    I love all the costuming. The boys look hawt. The girls look (hmmm...busty)......but great all the same........must be the cut of the costumes

I sure wish I could see the show.....hopefully it will be televised
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I wish there was a youtube of Jeff's Enigma. It was my favourite number from the Toronto show. The mood was set with the ice bathed in a blue, Jeff wearing white and using every detail in the note as only he can do.

It took me a few seconds to come out of the trance he had put me in when he finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, love this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minuet View Post
    I wish there was a youtube of Jeff's Enigma. It was my favourite number from the Toronto show. The mood was set with the ice bathed in a blue, Jeff wearing white and using every detail in the note as only he can do.

It took me a few seconds to come out of the trance he had put me in when he finished.
    Is this a new program? I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Maybe he will perform it in Asian shows.

vCash
    Finally got my Hamilton photos up. Got a lot of good shots of the group numbers, which makes me happy .

Hamilton Stars on Ice Photos

For an explanation of what's going on in the first bit with Kurt and the tunnel, my review of the Toronto and Hamilton shows.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    A review of the Victoria show
    Stars shine for Victoria skating fans
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/S...207/story.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    Question: How were Shawn Sawyer's programs and his skating?I couldn't afford to go to the show this year so I must ask. I know he is not a headliner or anything and has had jump issues in the past. And I find myself wanting him to just take his competitive programs to show skating since they seem to obviously be head and shoulders above his exhibition skating. While his SOI programs are probably fun, they seem very gimmicky and don't showcase the amazing talent and connecting to the audience that he had in competitive skating.
    I feel the same way.
    Probably a lot of his fans want him to be more "entertainer"...or organizers ask him for more funny programs...or simply he feels more comfortable in this way.
    I prefer something like "I can't get no satisfaction", his opera - rock number where he is more connected to the kind of skate he showed so beautifully in competition

vCash
    Great show in Vancouver yesterday My first time at CSOI and first time seeing Kurt Browning live, and WOW!!!

My pictures turned out pretty decent, so enjoy!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kristel01 View Post
    I feel the same way.
    Probably a lot of his fans want him to be more "entertainer"...or organizers ask him for more funny programs...or simply he feels more comfortable in this way.
    I prefer something like "I can't get no satisfaction", his opera - rock number where he is more connected to the kind of skate he showed so beautifully in competition
    Shown did showcase his flexibility - did the canti-liver and other moves. He program where he portrayed a man in a suit with a briefcase was kind of cute. But I agree that the show could have utilized him better with programs he was more connected to the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minuet View Post
    I wish there was a youtube of Jeff's Enigma.
    I found this on youtube today. Only the first half of his Enigma, though. According to the vidmaker, light was not good, so the vid became blurry. The vidmaker also explained s/he had to stop taking the vid in the middle to watch the program with her/his own eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wax8EwPS88E
    Last edited by seabm7; 05-15-2011 at 02:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraMGfan View Post
    Great show in Vancouver yesterday My first time at CSOI and first time seeing Kurt Browning live, and WOW!!!

My pictures turned out pretty decent, so enjoy!!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures, Sandra! They're great! Looks like a fun show! Unfortunately, I couldn't go this year.

vCash
    It was my first time attending SOI as well (I saw the Vancouver show). I'll post my thoughts later when I'm not working

It was amazing though.

vCash
    My photo highlights from the Toronto Stars on Ice show (for those who don't have the time or desire to go through the 300+ photos I posted earlier):

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9099.504903465

I'm getting these FB albums up pretty slowly. Here are photos of just Kurt from the three US shows I went to: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8.217099960482

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I saw the Vancouver show, and two words: Tessa Virtue. She was a . During "Fever", I was trying to figure out by process of elimination who it could be. No, too tall to be Shae Lynn Borne, and no, Denise Biellmann was not a guest star. She was ; in group numbers she routinely drew my eye, and there just wasn't enough of her in the modified, abridged version of this season's Free Dance. V/M did several geese, one with the rotated dismount jump.

I am always amazed at how "on" Sale and Pelletier are; they are true pros, giving 110% percent. Not so, Ms. Cohen, who seemed to phone in most of her group numbers and all but her highlight moves in the first solo. She was great, though, in the clowns trio with Browning and Pelletier, and totally different skater. As was Lysacek in the quintet orchestral number in the first half, nearly unrecognizably soft and lyrical. (Too good to last, though.)

I didn't love Buttle's first piece, although he has superb dance quality in it. His "Nimrod" Variation from Elgar's "Enigma Variations" was , Buttle at his classical best. I find Sawyer engaging no matter what he does.

It was a pleasure to see Miki Ando and Takahiko Kozuka skate; they both did their Moscow gala pieces, Ando to "Why Do People Fall in Love" -- if you listen to the lyrics and think of her and Morozov -- and Kozuka to "Hello Goodbye" and whatever the second part was.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123