Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    aftershocks - no, I don't think they were involved with the organizing committee (who, by the way, did a marvelous job running this comp). The Salt Lake City FSC did it. Charlie Tickner has been at many ANs. Don't know about the other two since I haven't met them.

The first time I met Charlie at an AN I was starstruck. He's a very nice person and very much supports adult skating.
    I met Charlie Tickner at Adult Nationals in 98. I too was a bit starstruck because he was such a fabulous skater. At the time the person who introduced me had a son who was learning from him. They commented that he skated in a really old pair of boots that they were trying to encourage him to replace.

I have seen a couple of Doug Mattis professional programmes. Fantastic skater and very entertaining.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scootie12 View Post
    The double axel is Natalie Shaby. It's a beauty as always.

I posted in my thread in the "Moves In The Field" section, but here's my program from AN. It was a great experience, and I think anyone considering it should try to compete. This was my first year, and I'm very happy I skated:

http://youtu.be/zrzQlIlZm-0

I also posted a link to the mini "blog" I wrote while at AN. It's in the other thread, and has some photos from SLC.
    You have such an easy double sal! Very nice!

The first time I met Charlie Tickner, I told him I was a huge fan back when I was 12. He said, "Gee, thanks a lot." It was actually very funny the way he said it.

Lloyd Eisler was also there coaching, and Ken Shelley was on the tech panel.

If you have Ice Network definitely check out the Championship Men's Junior/Senior event. Grant Huang's winning performance is just beautiful and inspiring. I've also been a fan of Joseph Radomile over the years, and his program was nice this year, too.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    A couple of years ago (Grand Rapids) Richard Dalley was on my dance event panel. I talked with him -- well I think I babbled -- because he was THE huge local star when I was a tween/high school skater. He was really nice too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12