Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

A 4-year-old fashionista????

Fashion rules for stylish Edmonton four-year-old

Like every proper fashionista, shoes are very important to Isabella, who has 30 pairs. Her favourites have sparkly sequins on them, even the running shoes she wears in school.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    30 pairs of shoes? Are you serious?

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I guess it's like having a real live Barbie doll for the mother.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    She has more pairs of shoes than I have

She always asks, ‘Oh, what do you think of this, Mom?’” And because Bella changes outfits 10 to 15 times a day, she asks that a lot.
    10 to 15 times a day . Good grief.

Vacant
    vCash
    Jeeeeezus that's just so skary!! What on earth is that child going to be like in 10 years time????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    She has more pairs of shoes than I have
    She probably has more pairs than my mom, my brother and I altogether!

vCash
    30 pairs of shoes is not excessive for an adult. For a growing child, that's insane.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Since she's such a fashionista at 4, I wonder if she's humanitarian enough to send a few pair to less fortunate kids. Or doesn't the mother teach/mention things like that to a child?

I agree with the above poster. It's like the mother plays with a living doll.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    “I was like, ‘Oh, my gosh! What have we created! Our child is kind of a diva!’ But I’ve thought about it, and now I’m like, I take pride in the way my children look. I want them to look good. I don’t want them to just wear sweats all the time.”

The explanation the mom gives, saying that obviously they are in a position to pay for it all, and that she grew up Russian Orthodox and until the age of 20 wore only handmade Russian dresses, gives some insight as to why she lets her kid be such a clotheshorse, but good grief. Forget in 10 years, she already sounds like a nightmare.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    30 pairs of shoes is not excessive for an adult. For a growing child, that's insane.
    I agree. I have a few dozen shoes (all types), but they've accumulated over the last decade. Does a 4 year old's feet even stay the same size long enough to wear all the shoes?!

vCash
    Kids love playing dress up, so this is not surprising at all. Changing 10 to 15 times a day is just like having a great dress up trunk, but with normal clothes and not costumes.

30 pairs of shoes for a growing child is a bit silly, but maybe some are hand me downs from other kids in the family?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Kids love playing dress up, so this is not surprising at all. Changing 10 to 15 times a day is just like having a great dress up trunk, but with normal clothes and not costumes.

30 pairs of shoes for a growing child is a bit silly, but maybe some are hand me downs from other kids in the family?
    the article talks about the parent spending thousands of dollars a year on clothes for this kid - I would be very surprised if there is anything handed down to her.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Boy, talk about enabling.

Yes, kids like to play dress-up, but any parent who allows her kid to change clothes 10-15 times a day is not teaching that kid very good lessons about what's worth spending time on and what isn't.

And I notice that the mom and kid are shown shopping at a high end kids' boutique, which makes me think that the kid is learning that labels and $$$ are what's important in possessions. Which is not a very good lesson either.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    30 pairs of shoes is not excessive for an adult.
    It's not?

I'm already on PL's list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    the article talks about the parent spending thousands of dollars a year on clothes for this kid - I would be very surprised if there is anything handed down to her.
    Well better to spend thousands on lots of stuff (that can go to a charity shop when she's done) than thousands on a single purse for a 4-year old Suri-Cruise style.

If they have the money, I see no problem in them spending it.

vCash
    Hmmmm. Wonder if I could make some serious money introducing the parents to the word NO? And people wonder where entitlement comes from!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I guess I don't know why this is deemed story worthy, but to each his own...

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Pffft. 30 pairs of shoes. Big deal.

Why don't you have a mini-giraffe, little girl? Huh???? Tell mommy you want a mini-giraffe and you want it NOW.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post

If they have the money, I see no problem in them spending it.
    How do we know they have the money? They claim they can afford it. But lots of people think they can afford that amount/$$$ of stuff and it's only because they're ignoring the mountain of debt that they're piling up.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    why do we care if they're accumulating debt turning their kid into a materialistic diva?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast