Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I think that it might be a very good news if Morozov can help Elene to get more consistent with her jumps. Of course, hair and costumes are important but they will not win competitions. Morozov seems to be able ho help many skaters to improve jumps and that's what she needs most right now in my opinion. So I'd say it is a good decision.
    Really? I thought it was his technical assistants who form part of his coaching team that helped restore Miki's consistency in her jumps back in 2006-2007. Still, if he has a strong technical team around him then Elene should benefit and anyone is better than Wagner IMO.

vCash
    FYI, Wagner used to have an FSU account back in the early 2000s and posted with her public name displayed... I seriously hope she hasn't read anything here since. Am I the ONLY person on here who thinks the Robin hate is a bit much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    Am I the ONLY person on here who thinks the Robin hate is a bit much?
    Why do people hate Robin?

Watch me move
    vCash
    I think it's a bad idea for any skater - a female skater especially - to go to any coach whose girlfriend is someone he's coaching. It's complicated enough for a coach to be dating one of this skaters, but IME any skater who's not the girlfriend is not going to be getting the best attention and advice.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I think it's a bad idea for any skater - a female skater especially - to go to any coach whose girlfriend is someone he's coaching. It's complicated enough for a coach to be dating one of this skaters, but IME any skater who's not the girlfriend is not going to be getting the best attention and advice.
    I agree with you on this in general but I think Miki is taking next season off, so if it's true at least next season it shouldn't be a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I think that it might be a very good news if Morozov can help Elene to get more consistent with her jumps. Of course, hair and costumes are important but they will not win competitions. Morozov seems to be able ho help many skaters to improve jumps and that's what she needs most right now in my opinion. So I'd say it is a good decision.
    I agree with this. She is capable of huge 3lz and 3t-3t-2t so if she can add a 3lo or 3f to her arsenal and become more consistent with the jumps she has, she could do a lot better, constantly be a threat for the Euros podium.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Sometimes, in rare cases, even going to Morozov doesn't sound that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatersmum View Post
    She used to skate with him I think and so has she returned?

What happened with Robyn Wagner?
    I remember reading an interview saying that Wagner quit coaching.

vCash
    wasn't there talk miki is dating javier now? so morozov has an opening

vCash
    [QUOTE=genevieve;3146303]cause he's a total douchebag

That reply means absolutely nothing and I have yet to meet anyone here or in person who can clearly define the disdain for the man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Really? I thought it was his technical assistants who form part of his coaching team that helped restore Miki's consistency in her jumps back in 2006-2007. Still, if he has a strong technical team around him then Elene should benefit and anyone is better than Wagner IMO.
    Exactly... It wasn't Morozov who improved Miki's consistency. It was her work with Chris Conte prior to goint to Morozov that helped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    wasn't there talk miki is dating javier now? so morozov has an opening
    Morozov doesn't need "an opening". He sees. He wants. He counquer.

living every minute
    vCash
    I thought His Oiliness mostly went for blondes - except Miki?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    cause he's a total douchebag.

Sorry but.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    I thought His Oiliness mostly went for blondes - except Miki?
    Maybe it's the reason for Elene's hair color this season

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He's such a weird case, because while his off-ice behavior is loathsome, when it comes to skating and coaching he has great insight, and, especially if you were a guy, without any of lecherous crap, his group sounds like a comfortable and positive place to be, as opposed to coaches who are difficult, abusive, etc. but skaters stay with them because the coaches have been successful.

From the interview posted by quiqie in the "From Russia with Love" thread:

Kudriatsev: "All Morozov's athletes have better skating technique and accurately calculated biomechanical movements. It allows them to keep very high speed on ice even when they do very difficult steps and step sequences. Audience doesn't think why some athletes skate faster than others. It's all technique. Feet, knees, ankles, foot position toward the ice surface, the pressure...Judging by the exercises that Nicholai gives to his students, I see that he works on all these details, rather than just the edges."

Morosov: "I'm really glad that [because of that] I had one month to work with Sergei Voronov. I'm glad, in general, that he didn't get on the team in this season and we were able to work peacefully. Had he got to compete at Europeans and Worlds he would perhaps still believe that everything was alright. This way, he realized that something had gone wrong. Sergei started to pay attention to many things he never thought about before."

and

"I keep a free group atmosphere, I don't pressure anybody, don't lecture them. If someone don't understand something, I'd better put them in such conditions that they finally realize it, rather than yell at a student a hundred times a day. It's pointless to try to get results from someone who does not understand why they need it."
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    [QUOTE=BackOnTheIce;3146524]
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    cause he's a total douchebag

That reply means absolutely nothing and I have yet to meet anyone here or in person who can clearly define the disdain for the man.
    Unfortunately, that reply is probably the biggest stain on his record. That he's a serial-dater with an interest in younger women (though it's not as if he's that old himself) hurts. That people feel his choreography is trite and dull is another. That he seemed to ascend to his position of respect thanks to Tarasova is another.

On the other hand, it's clear that he/his team have increased the consistency of his students (Amodio, Ando to name two), and their confidence levels (Takahashi has specifically given Morosov credit for this).

I don't get the hate, personally.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Proustable;3146542]
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOnTheIce View Post

Unfortunately, that reply is probably the biggest stain on his record. That he's a serial-dater with an interest in younger women (though it's not as if he's that old himself) hurts. That people feel his choreography is trite and dull is another. That he seemed to ascend to his position of respect thanks to Tarasova is another.

On the other hand, it's clear that he/his team have increased the consistency of his students (Amodio, Ando to name two), and their confidence levels (Takahashi has specifically given Morosov credit for this).

I don't get the hate, personally.
    I don't either. I think it's mostly a case of jumping on the band wagon. I have felt more than once that when I go against the grain that certain people will jump all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Thanks for correcting me. I should have said "his team" instead.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    [

I don't either. I think it's mostly a case of jumping on the band wagon. I have felt more than once that when I go against the grain that certain people will jump all over it.
    Yes, because people have nothing better to do than to follow your posts around and make snarky replies to them

Really, Morozov's pattern of love-them-and-leave-them is pretty well documented and is not something that people here are making up or just repeating.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast