Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISU Web TV

vCash

ISU Web TV

Good news is that ISU is web broadcasting in HD all Worlds events from Moscow for moderate price of $10. Now the bad news is that it does not work for my country even though the broadcaster is Eurovision.
    The link is posted on main ISU website.
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Does everyone else have the same problem? I can't find any information on which countries this broadcast is for.

vCash
    Posted in the 2011 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie2006 View Post
    This Premium Video Service is ONLY available in the following countries

Afghanistan, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Federated States of, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kazakstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Mongolia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Occupied, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia/South Sandwich Isl., Sri Lanka, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    ... it seems EBU countries are blocked because of the Eurosport and public broadcasters rights

vCash
    I better move to Afganistan.
    Seriously though, how come I am subjected to situation when I am restricted from watching the competition because someone bought it and then refuse to show.
    There must be some law prohibitng that? I am thinking seriously about filing formal complaint.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I wonder how many skating fans there are in Swaziland?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    I better move to Afganistan.
    Seriously though, how come I am subjected to situation when I am restricted from watching the competition because someone bought it and then refuse to show.
    There must be some law prohibitng that? I am thinking seriously about filing formal complaint.
    Ummm those of us in countries who don't have host broadcasters have had to go through that for years and haven't had access to services in the US and Canada because we are blocked.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Nice to know that figure skating fans from Western Sahara can watch World Champs

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Well, personally I'm thrilled, as this basically means I'll be able to watch Worlds, which otherwise would not have been the case. $10US is a very reasonable price, particularly as the Aussie dollar is currently stronger!

I'm sorry for those in countries who can't access this service due to prior purchase by a broadcaster, but for those of us in countries that don't normally get ANY coverage (or not since the early 90s, when all we got was a one hour highlights programme several months after the event), this is very good news.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    I want to know where the country of Occupied is.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Hmmm I think it is what it was called after Loompa land got taken over by the Imperial forces so the Death Star could be rebuilt. I have heard it has a fantastic canteen.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    And Antarctica isn't a country last time I checked either. Wonder if the penguins have internet though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I've tested it and it works for me, it looks great, no annoying commentator But my internet connexion is crap Is there a way to watch it without the HD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    And Antarctica isn't a country last time I checked either. Wonder if the penguins have internet though.
    well they have some research people working there maybe there are figure skating fans there that are dying to see it.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Reading the list of countries makes me think of Survivor!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    You could always try to get an ip blocker to trick the Internet into thinking you were from one of those countries...

vCash
    Its a shame that there is only the HD option, because in countries like Mexico we have one of the slowest bandwith (and expensive) internet, so for me the stream does play but it is like 5 seconds, pause, 5 seconds, pause, so it does not worth it even the cheap price

Hope they could stream like in HD and standard resolution, its a shame they dont consider the internet limitations that countries like in latinamerica have. We are way behind those in Europe, USA and Asia in terms of upload-download speed

vCash
    Burkina Faso, here I come!

vCash
    Universal Sports is charging $9.95 in the U.S. for live online streaming of Worlds.

The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway). Such money grubbers.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I live in Brazil, and I paid for it today (apparently, the access has already been activated).

Let's see how this goes...

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway).
    icenetwork.com is only charging $9.95 to non-season pass holders to watch Worlds.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast