View Poll Results: Who did you like the best?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haley Reinhart

14 22.95%
  • Jacob Lusk

0 0%
  • Lauren Alaina

3 4.92%
  • Stefano Langone

0 0%
  • James Durbin

26 42.62%
  • Casey Abrams

13 21.31%
  • Scotty McCreery

4 6.56%
  • Hated em all

1 1.64%
  • Loved em all

0 0%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I What will Scotty do?
    hold a gun to her head until she writes one
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Oh man............that is going to be..........not so good. How far in advance do you think they pick their themes?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I just read she has 463 songs........that she has either performed or authored.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    California Gurls?
    A song about girls wanting to lick popsicles and wearing Daisy Duke's bikinis is more refreshing than all of the songs about love and heartbreak? 95% of all songs are about love/heartbreak/relationships/sex, and I can't think of a single Katy Perry single that doesn't fit in those categories. I'm not criticizing her, but I just don't understand which songs Brian was thinking of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Good. I'm fine with either Stefano or Jacob going home. I would not have been happy if Haley went home after last night's performance. It's bad enough that she was in the bottom three.
    She probably wasn't. There was NO WAY they would let Scotty or Widdle Wauren sit on the Silver Stools of Doom unless he/she was actually going home. Whoever was 3rd from the bottom was safe anyway so they didn't have to humiliate whoever it really was. I read the comments on Slezak, EW, People, & one other board that I can't remember the name of & almost everyone said they were voting for Haley. Most people were pretty pissed too about how she is being thrown under the bus. I find it unlikely that she was actually in the B3. Of course we'll never know.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Casey and Haley should do well with the theme. I think Scotty will find something, she has done a TON and it probably includes songs only written by her and performed by others.

I think Idol is truthful about the Bottom 3. I don't think they would lie about it. Just because everyone you know who is important was voting for Haley doesn't mean middle America was. The votes of those people are worth no more than Mary Sue in Arkansas.

I thought tonight's results were insanely predictable, my only question was would it be Jacob or Casey.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    A song about girls wanting to lick popsicles and wearing Daisy Duke's bikinis is more refreshing than all of the songs about love and heartbreak?
    Brian said that not all of Katy's songs are about "love and heartbreak" and you asked which song that would be. I think that California Gurls is not about love and heartbreak. Sex is not the same as love and heartbreak. Whether or not the lyrics are good is a different issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Agreed!

What songs are those?
    A lot of her songs are not directly about love and/or heartbreak. You could make a connection but I am talking about the main theme. For example, I Kissed a Girl is very straight forward but it isn't about love or heartbreak. Just because it mentions a kiss doesn't make it about love of any kind. California Gurls was already mentioned. Even songs about love are given a fun twist, such as Waking Up in Vegas. It focuses more on the aspect of a Vegas romance than on the actual romance. Vegas and what goes on there is the central character, IMO. Lastly, Firework has nothing to do with love or relationships and no, I do not count "loving yourself" as making this a love song. You can almost always relate any song to love somehow but she is not obvious with it in her songwriting the way Kelly Clarkson is, for example.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    What is it about Haley that people don't love? I thought she was great last night.
    I don't get it either, I think she's great! I was really taken with James obvious distress about Stefano going.

vCash
    Crap. I was so hoping that Jacob would leave this week...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I just looked at a song list, and she does not appear to have a song with "country" in the title. What will Scotty do?
    He could sing Smackwater Jack (or is it not on the list?)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Carole King sang "Country Road." Scotty will be fine and he'll countrify whatever he sings, emphasize the accent, sing out of the side of his mouth, and be just as corny as any other week.

vCash
    David Cook just confirmed he's performing Generic Rock Song on AI tonight. I was sort of hoping maybe he'd do Don't You Forget About Me. I knew it was a long shot. Sigh.
    He's singing Don't You Forget About Me in the finale, he's already confirmed.

As for tonight, he looked nervous, but I think it was okay - first time performing it live and all.

The bit with Beth and Steven Tyler? Hilarious, especially her giddiness and David shaking his head.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Casey and Haley should do well with the theme. I think Scotty will find something, she has done a TON and it probably includes songs only written by her and performed by others.

I think Idol is truthful about the Bottom 3. I don't think they would lie about it. Just because everyone you know who is important was voting for Haley doesn't mean middle America was. The votes of those people are worth no more than Mary Sue in Arkansas.

I thought tonight's results were insanely predictable, my only question was would it be Jacob or Casey.
    I didn't say everyone I know is voting for Haley. I said I read on various boards that the majority of those boards were voting for Haley. I don't know anyone in RL to discuss AI with.

And I'm not sure Idol is truthful about B3. I don't find (esp this year) that the producers have all that much integrity. Just look at the different ways in which they present the men vs the women.

vCash
    I think they manipulate things as much as they can in order to get the results they want but I do believe the results are the results. It is just my opinion though, as you said, it can never be proven one way or the other.
    -Brian

vCash
    I don't think the people online are necssarily representative of all voters. Plus, I think even most of the people who do vote for Haley aren't power voting. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Haley really was bottom three. She's hanging in there. She might set the record for most times in bottom three. Who holds the record now? Kim Locke? Syesha?

vCash
    It seemed like Kim Locke was in there every week and somehow she made the final 3.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    A lot of her songs are not directly about love and/or heartbreak. You could make a connection but I am talking about the main theme. For example, I Kissed a Girl is very straight forward but it isn't about love or heartbreak. Just because it mentions a kiss doesn't make it about love of any kind. California Gurls was already mentioned. Even songs about love are given a fun twist, such as Waking Up in Vegas. It focuses more on the aspect of a Vegas romance than on the actual romance. Vegas and what goes on there is the central character, IMO. Lastly, Firework has nothing to do with love or relationships and no, I do not count "loving yourself" as making this a love song. You can almost always relate any song to love somehow but she is not obvious with it in her songwriting the way Kelly Clarkson is, for example.
    I see your point, and I think Firework is the farthest from the "love" theme (although I feel like it's just a song that she wanted to release in order to capitalize on the current popularity of the whole "love yourself" theme). I never realized how Kelly really does focus on the angry/angsty breakup or "love you so much" theme. Interesting.

vCash
    Yeah, I love Kelly Clarkson and I do respect her song writing but I hope she can branch out in her writing and subject matter as she grows. Maybe we will see more of that when she is free from RCA. Who knows what she has written that her fans never hear or see but even the stuff that leaks is all about heartbreak or being in love and there is very little in the way of layers or texture, if that makes any sense.
    -Brian

vCash
    Matt Bellamy was obviously lying when he said that James did a great job and he liked his version. How can he possibly like that performance (at least vocalwise)???

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast