View Poll Results: Who did you like the best?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haley Reinhart

14 22.95%
  • Jacob Lusk

0 0%
  • Lauren Alaina

3 4.92%
  • Stefano Langone

0 0%
  • James Durbin

26 42.62%
  • Casey Abrams

13 21.31%
  • Scotty McCreery

4 6.56%
  • Hated em all

1 1.64%
  • Loved em all

0 0%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Matt Bellamy was obviously lying when he said that James did a great job and he liked his version. How can he possibly like that performance (at least vocalwise)???
    Because the performance from James made Matt look even better in comparison? And because it exposed millions of people to a Muse song. Not everyone has heard it before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    hold a gun to her head until she writes one
    In answer to the question, "What will Scotty do?", one option would definitely be the one you suggested above ..

- OR -

Perhaps he could test your theory from last night ...

i would love to get rid of scotty but i dont see that happening, even if he refused to sing and pooped on the stage
    You're right full of ideas.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Great news!

Crystal is performing next week on the results show. She just posted it on Facebook!! Yay!

What happened to getting all the winners back since it is the 10th season?

We've had Kelly and David. Who else did I miss? I haven't watched other results shows. Maybe they will try something for the finale but it will be a little repetitive since they did that last year for Simon's goodbye and had all the winners except David.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Lee was on a few weeks ago. Easy to forget.

I honestly think Matt Bellamy was punking James when he told him to go an octave higher. I also think Muse will do anything to get their music more exposure in the US, such as agreeing to be on the Twilight soundtrack.

Regarding Kelly's songs, are ALL of her songs on the album like that though or just her singles? I can't believe RCA wouldn't want her to release a "Waking Up in Vegas" type song, as long as it's catchy and sounds good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    I honestly think Matt Bellamy was punking James when he told him to go an octave higher. I also think Muse will do anything to get their music more exposure in the US, such as agreeing to be on the Twilight soundtrack.
    That's a shame that they have to go through that route to get more exposure. Why can't they be like Radiohead, have a huge following, but not be too mainstream? I'm a bit selfish for wanting to keep Muse known only to those who became fans prior to Black Holes and Revelations/The Resistance/Twilight. Nevertheless, I think Muse has already conquered the US, playing in arenas, getting airplay on Top 40/adult contempo stations. The last thing I want them to become is a pop band, which is reflected in their latest song, 'I Belong To You' on the Eclipse soundtrack. I hope this isn't an indication of the direction of their next album.

vCash
    I was kidding with that comment actually. I know Muse is already huge in the US. They don't really need to be played on the radio, make music for Twilight, email James Durbin, etc. for them to sell well here.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I didn't see these posted anywhere in the thread, but Haley's and James' studio versions from last night are

James Durbin - Uprising (Studio Recording)

Haley Reinhart - Rollin' in the Deep (Studio Recording)

I didn't watch Casey's performance, so I have no idea how the live rendition compares, but here's the studio version of it:

Casey Abrams - Harder to Breathe (Studio Recording)

Lauren Alaina's studio version of learning to fly is miles better than the live performance - she has a lot more confidence to her voice (though it still sounds very young)

Lauren Alaina - Born to Fly (Studio Recording)

As for the other three, I couldn't be bothered to look them up .
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-22-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: BIG defference between "could" and couldn't" *bangs head on desk*

vCash
    Everyone's such a big fan of Haley, but I'm not really feeling her. She looks and sounds like a 12-year-old girl to me. It's her thin frame and just something about how she pronounces her words when she sings.

vCash
    I could see Scotty doing something from the earlier stuff: Child of Mine, Way Over Yonder, and Peace in the Valley come to mind. The problem with her stuff is the arrangement of consonants in the lyrics as well as the rhythms that may not sound good to younger ears. It's hard to wail with a Carole King song. I think Scotty may actually have the easier time. James and especially Jacob may struggle.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Scotty auditioned with Frank Sinatra. I think he can sing anything he wants. He's either being told to stick to the same type of material or he's acting like a 17 yo and thinking he knows better than wiser heads, or some combination of the two.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    If James is going to struggle artistically, my guess is that it will be this week.

He was really upset at Stefano's departure. From the Stefano's journey clips, it looks like they were roomates from day 1.

ETA: if this includes songs Carole King co-wrote for other people, there might be something there for him to rock up? Like Loco-Motion? In fact, I Feel the Earth Move has some range to it that Jacob or James could work/shriek.
    Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Rob; 04-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I don't think the people online are necssarily representative of all voters. Plus, I think even most of the people who do vote for Haley aren't power voting. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Haley really was bottom three. She's hanging in there. She might set the record for most times in bottom three. Who holds the record now? Kim Locke? Syesha?
    I think Haley just doesn't connect with many Idol voters. She is more of a jazz singer and I think Idol is more pop/rock oriented.

I disagree with the above post that she comes off as a 12 year old. I think she has a very mature voice and style. But, as I said, I don't think the Idol audience necessarily appreciates (likes) it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think Haley just doesn't connect with many Idol voters. She is more of a jazz singer and I think Idol is more pop/rock oriented.

I disagree with the above post that she comes off as a 12 year old. I think she has a very mature voice and style. But, as I said, I don't think the Idol audience necessarily appreciates (likes) it.
    I agree. At least the show gave her the opportunity to work with Casey. Perhaps there's a small venue tour in there somewhere.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post

I agree, I sure don't think she comes off as a 12 yr old. IMO she has acted VERY mature thru all the criticism & uneven treatment. Also I love her look, she is not beautiful but very cute & she has a figure & I love most of her clothing choices. She is my favorite so far but then I love Norah Jones so I think I will want to buy Haley's CD if she stays true to herself & doesn't go too poppy. If you listen to her Itunes downloads, she sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon
    I agree. At least the show gave her the opportunity to work with Casey. Perhaps there's a small venue tour in there somewhere.
    At least the show gave Casey the opportunity to work with her. He may be a good musician but he doesn't have 1/2 the voice she does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    She is my favorite so far but then I love Norah Jones so I think I will want to buy Haley's CD if she stays true to herself & doesn't go too poppy.
    I really like Norah Jones, but Haley's performances don't remind me of Norah. I liked her this week and I liked her in the duet with Casey last week, but most of her performances are over the top growly/sex kitteny with phrasing that doesn't relate much to the music. I think of Norah as subtle and nuanced, two words I would not use to describe Haley. I think Haley has a lot of potential and, unlike some other contestants, I see her learning and growing, so I'm keeping an open mind. But, I think she's going home either next week or the following week. If she couldn't stay out of the bottom three this week with those performances, she's toast.

Lee was on a few weeks ago. Easy to forget.
    Fantasia also was on. Have I forgotten Ruben? I assume Carrie will be on later this season. Jordin, too. All Kris got was a flash of him in the audience.

vCash
    My comment had nothing to do with Haley outside her performance time, and I'll take your word for it that she's very mature. How old is she? Because I think her face looks really young, and with all her growling, it's like a high schooler pretending to act/perform like a grown-up. It's the opposite reaction I had with Allison Iraheta, who showed her age off the stage but her thick, husky voice made me think she was way older than she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    All Kris got was a flash of him in the audience.
    Kris may as well be dead to the show's producers.

vCash
    I didn't watch Casey's performance, so I have no idea how the live rendition compares, but here's the studio version of it:

Casey Abrams - Harder to Breathe (Studio Recording)
    I also missed it on AI.
    However, I liked the recording very much.

vCash
    Haley is 20. The same age Kelly and Carrie were when they were on the show.

vCash
    My comment had nothing to do with Haley outside her performance time, and I'll take your word for it that she's very mature. How old is she? Because I think her face looks really young, and with all her growling, it's like a high schooler pretending to act/perform like a grown-up. It's the opposite reaction I had with Allison Iraheta, who showed her age off the stage but her thick, husky voice made me think she was way older than she was.
    That's been my reaction, too. I am starting to wonder, though, if at least some of this is being fueled by the producers. Michael Slezak said something on Idoloonies about hearing that Haley didn't want to do "Call Me." Today, Stefano is talking about how how he didn't get to show the kind of artist he wants to be. I kind of rolled my eyes at that, but I am getting the sense that, even more than in previous years, the producers are having a huge influence on what the contestants are doing. And maybe some 20 year-olds don't have the confidence to say no. When Casey didn't listen to Jimmy, Jimmy seemed pretty miffed about it and expressed his unhappiness on national tv in front of Idol voters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Matt Bellamy was obviously lying when he said that James did a great job and he liked his version. How can he possibly like that performance (at least vocalwise)???
    Maybe he just wanted to be supportive? I'm not a big Muse fan (I find a lot of their lyrics pretty cheesy and the melodies they produce derivative), but Matt seems like a pretty cool guy.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast