Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    But he won't need this event, because by next year he'll be competing as an eligible again. Right?
    Correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Correct.
    Re ineligibilty of Plushenko: Just today in an Italian newspaper the Russian Federation head is quoted as saying "they haven't gotten around to discussing" the letter of apology that Plushenko wrote to them due to the great amount of work needed to organize worlds. The article said that maybe in a couple of weeks the Federation would decide and "if everything went ok" then he would become eligible as from the 2012 season. If so, that means he won't compete this year. I sure hope that's not what will happen! I thought the whole issue had been settled after the recent interviews I read and that he would compete this year already.

Congratulations Patrick Chan! world champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    Re ineligibilty of Plushenko: Just today in an Italian newspaper the Russian Federation head is quoted as saying "they haven't gotten around to discussing" the letter of apology that Plushenko wrote to them due to the great amount of work needed to organize worlds. The article said that maybe in a couple of weeks the Federation would decide and "if everything went ok" then he would become eligible as from the 2012 season. If so, that means he won't compete this year. I sure hope that's not what will happen! I thought the whole issue had been settled after the recent interviews I read and that he would compete this year already.
    Be careful of your sources. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but it's well known that several newspapers in Europe (and Australia, we're really bad at it) are of dubious quality in their reporting.

The last official word was that the Russian Federation had okay-ed the return, and that's what I'm going off.

Besides, it would be criminal to ban him for more than one season...because that's all drug cheats get and I don't think skating in a couple of shows really rates as worse than a drug cheat, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Be careful of your sources. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but it's well known that several newspapers in Europe (and Australia, we're really bad at it) are of dubious quality in their reporting.

The last official word was that the Russian Federation had okay-ed the return, and that's what I'm going off.

Besides, it would be criminal to ban him for more than one season...because that's all drug cheats get and I don't think skating in a couple of shows really rates as worse than a drug cheat, right?
    Italianfan is right. Russian Skating Federation will vote on Pushenko's reinstatement at the next council. They will decide if they support him and send his application to ISU. Cinquanta seems to agree with the reinstatement but the decision also belongs to Russian Federation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234