Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I know a place...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Even though he says otherwise, The Doctor can't be the last of the Time Lords. We don't know whether Susan or Romana (they're from the old series, Susan is his granddaughter btw) ever returned to Gallifrey before the Time War began. They could be around somewhere, and I do understand why the Doctor wouldn't look for them because if they were really dead, he wouldn't want to know that for certain. There's also the Doctor's clone daughter Jenny, who he did see die and never knew that she came back to life. There's a lot of theories about who that little girl could be/could belong to.
    Not spoilering it because it's not a spoiler... I don't think.
    There is some though that Idris in The Doctors Wife (Neil Gaimans episode in 2 weeks,) is a Time Lady. Based on a tweet where someone asked Gaiman if Idris was Ramona II and Gaiman said who said there had to be 2 Ramona's. Probably didn't mean anything though. He's been giving non-hints about the episode for ages now.
    Last edited by musicgurl; 05-01-2011 at 04:14 AM.

vCash
    I am watching unspoiled and that's such a treat to discover every single hint put here and there by Moffat.
    Last season we all knew the resolution would only come this season with the "Silence will fall" lines.
    I just hope I can get some of the hints

As for the child, I won't take anything obvious at all !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    OK, I watched and I'm confused even about the things that are supposedly resolved. I don't think any of this is spoilers, but I'll mark it just in case it hasn't aired somewhere and I'm not supposed to post it.

Spoiler

"The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Canton used Amy's videophone when he was talking to a Silent (Silence? whatever.) The Doctor edited it to where the creature said "Humans should kill us on sight!" So when the video of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon was shown, the Doctor played the clip. So in essence, the Silence are ordering all humans to kill them. People will follow the orders and never remember that they ever did it. And since that footage is SO well known, and ALL humans for the rest of time will subconsciously know to kill them whenever they are seen. That means that the Silence can never be around humans again.

vCash
    As for Amy, I think

Spoiler

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Even though he says otherwise, The Doctor can't be the last of the Time Lords. We don't know whether Susan or Romana (they're from the old series, Susan is his granddaughter btw) ever returned to Gallifrey before the Time War began. They could be around somewhere, and I do understand why the Doctor wouldn't look for them because if they were really dead, he wouldn't want to know that for certain. There's also the Doctor's clone daughter Jenny, who he did see die and never knew that she came back to life. There's a lot of theories about who that little girl could be/could belong to.
    Although some kind of Amy-River-Doctor triangle makes the most sense following on the heels of this particular 2-parter, I'm wondering if the little girl is somehow related to The Master. He did have a wife after all. You know they're going to be looking for some way to bring him back (to which I say yes!).

I don't care, I'm just looking forward to how this plays out over the course of the season!

Oh, if you want to talk about worlds colliding... the actress who played Jenny is the real life daughter of the Fifth Doctor, and she started dating David Tennant when their episode filmed three years ago. They are now engaged and have a little infant daughter. So in a way, the Doctor's daughter has a daughter with the Doctor, and the Doctor's daughter is also the Doctor's granddaughter. I'm surprised the universe hasn't collapsed yet! ;-)

vCash
    I need moral support. Please tell me I shouldn't read spoilers. It's killing me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    I need moral support. Please tell me I shouldn't read spoilers. It's killing me.
    Don't read spoilers !
    Listen to River ! *spoilers*
    Plus it takes something out of it I think no ?

vCash
    I know it does! That's why I'm trying not to but I want to know River's backstory SO BAD. Oh god. It's so hard.

vCash
    I know it does! That's why I'm trying not to but I want to know River's backstory SO BAD. Oh god. It's so hard.
    I read an interview by Moffat saying that we'll learn who she is mid season. So you just have to wait !

But you can speculate right ?
    and if experience is one thing, Moffat, like the Doctor, is a liar.

vCash
    I think that's what is making it so hard... since I've heard we learn in Episode 7, I'm pretty sure the info is probably out there already as a spoiler... argh! I need to find out the airdate for that episode so I can count down the days.

vCash
    I'm quite sure, like last year, that all spoilers will turn somewhat untrue.
    So this year, I'm doing it the unspoilish way.
    And I am also quite certain Moffat is gonna rub all of us in the mud again by the end of the season anyway

vCash
    Can I just say that I love Steven Moffat and want to have his babies? I honestly can't recall what he looks like, I just love his mind.

I know a place...
    vCash
    Actually the details of whats going to be revealed about River in episode 7 haven't been leaked yet. There is other stuff about River that we find out in the second half of the season that has been leaked though. I spend alot of time on Gallifrey Base so I've read it. But so far the other details as to who River is and who she kills haven't been leaked yet.

vCash
    I don't know if I can make it, but knowing the big details aren't out there yet helps. Of course now I'm curious about the other smaller stuff... I'm hopeless.

I know a place...
    vCash
    I don't know if I can make it, but knowing the big details aren't out there yet helps. Of course now I'm curious about the other smaller stuff... I'm hopeless.
    The majority of the info out there right now is just speculation. Mostly based on the Amy is pregnant/not pregnant thing. Honestly at this point you're better just waiting. Because it will take ages to find the real spoilers now.

vCash
    I won't let myself read the spoilers section at Gallifrey base. Too much acurate last year IMO.

What I love about Doctor Who is that you can always try to patch the clues together yourself and make your own prediction without reading any spoilers.
    And with Moffat, I always thought it was VERY important.

BTW, does anyone know if they'll run the episodes filmed for Sarah Jane ? It's so sad ES died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    BTW, does anyone know if they'll run the episodes filmed for Sarah Jane ? It's so sad ES died
    Apparently The Sun was reporting that they were going to film new ones without Lis Slade.

However, CBBC has responded, and confirmed that 1) They will not be filming any more SJA and 2) That they will air the 6 episodes that were already filmed - dates to be determined.

vCash
    Ok so at least we'll have six episodes to watch, but will there be a closure to the show ? I so hope there will be, just because E Sladen was a great lady IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Ok so at least we'll have six episodes to watch, but will there be a closure to the show ? I so hope there will be, just because E Sladen was a great lady IMO.
    I hope they do a "real person" closure for Elisabeth rather than try to write some fictional closer for Sarah Jane. The latter would almost certainly be hokey and unsatisfying. But I'd be willing to bet that they will do some kind of tribute feature.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast