Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I really enjoyed it. Love Rory and I'm glad we're getting a little bit more River.

vCash
    I am loving Rory more and more.

And I am looking forward to more River.

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Here's the tribute to Elisabeth Sladen that was shown on CBBC immediately following the episode on Saturday night: My Sarah Jane 1
    My Sarah Jane 2

Also, Steven Moffat was on the Graham Norton radio show on Saturday morning which can be heard here until sometime this coming Saturday.

I'd like to see the Confidential from Saturday if anybody knows of a safe place where that can be watched. I know that cut-downs from last year's episodes are up on the BBC America site, but I can't find the latest one yet.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Questions:
    1) How does River escape? They must be onto her hallucinogenic lipstick by now. Yet for someone in prison, she escapes a lot.
    2) River tells Rory, that there is a worse day for her coming. She is already in prison, and some suggested it was The Doctor. So if she (faked?) his death, and is paying for it, what is worse? Hmm.
    3) We assume is was the future Doctor that died. But he was really hesitant in his answers. "Um, he is still building his dam" is response to Jim the fish. Maybe it wasn't?
    4) Was that Amy's future daughter? Or River's?
    5) How did the Doctor hear River say "I hate him" when she was in the Tardis and he was in the Oval Office?
    6) Just a comment: the locked room that River and Rory entered looked recycled from last year's "The Lodger".

Okay, I think about this show too much.

vCash
    1) If she's a known affiliate of the Doctor, maybe they give her some leeway when it's for "official business". She seems to come back at least.

3) The Doctor is a big honkin liar. He could have been the two-month's older version instead of the 200-years older version. Then when it comes time for him to go get killed in Utah, the others won't realize it since he said he was so much older.

5) Because she says it a lot and he guessed that's how she'd react to his comments.

6) I'm gonna say that it's probably a huge friggin plot clue! Maybe the Silents (Silence?) was the same species that crashed the ship in The Lodger.

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Re. 5 If I'm remembering it correctly the tardis was in the oval office, but just invisible at the time. He was calling to her to take the invisibility off now that he'd been discovered - "make her blue again".
    Which leads me to wonder, if there's a silent mode, why the Doctor doesn't at least try to use it more often. I'm sure there's other situations where it might have helped. He did say that the invisibility uses a lot of power; perhaps that applies to the silencer as well.

Re 2 Thanks for the ideas. My biggest concern in the episode that I was hoping would eventually get answered in the show itself was how the Doctor managed to age 200 years in the same generation when we only ever see him last just a few years before regenerating, and I'm pretty sure that we'll see 11 regenerate within the next few years, definitely before 200 years pass. But perhaps you're right and he's lying or maybe it's something timey wimey that I'm not seeing yet. I do get the feeling that not everything that was started in this episode will be resolved in the next episode, but will play out through the rest of the season.

Also, after River's beautiful and sad speech to Rory about what it's like having the Doctor gradually knowing her less and less, I'll look at their meeting in Silence in the Library differently next time I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick View Post
    2) River tells Rory, that there is a worse day for her coming. She is already in prison, and some suggested it was The Doctor. So if she (faked?) his death, and is paying for it, what is worse? Hmm.
    River already answered that when she was alone with Rory. She said that she and the doctor are time traveling in opposite directions. The longer she knows him, the less he knows her. She realizes that one day he won't know her at all. That is the worse day to come.

There's an earlier scene where the Doctor asks River how he can possibly trust her when they won't tell him what's going on. Amy steps in and tells the Doctor to trust her. I noticed the pained expression on River's face but didn't fully appreciate it until the scene with Rory. Amy was the one the Doctor trusted. Not River. The Doctor she loves, and most importantly the Doctor that loves her, is fading away from her already.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    Also, after River's beautiful and sad speech to Rory about what it's like having the Doctor gradually knowing her less and less, I'll look at their meeting in Silence in the Library differently next time I see it.
    ^This. I need to watch the prior episodes with River again because I'm curious to see if they already had this story line planned out in the directions on how to act certain scenes. I want to pay more attention to how she reacts to his level of knowledge about her and his suspicion of her motives.
    Last edited by mpal2; 04-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    I don't know if things were planned out during the Library episodes, but once Series 5 started, Alex Kingston was told who River was. Since River obviously knows who she is, and knows her relationship to the Doctor before he does, they let Alex in on it so she'd know how to react.

Spoiler

Alex must be quite a good secret keeper, she says she refused to even let her daughter know, even though she's been begging for years!

Spoiler

vCash
    Questions:
    1) How does River escape? They must be onto her hallucinogenic lipstick by now. Yet for someone in prison, she escapes a lot.
    She's a tricky one that Dr. Song, I just fiugre she really can come and go if she wants to, but she just chooses to stay most of the time, because she believes she should be punished.

As others have said, reverse directions, Doctor not knowing her. "Silence in the Library" - hmm... there's that silence thing again.... Oh River, you are so not prepared.

3) We assume is was the future Doctor that died. But he was really hesitant in his answers. "Um, he is still building his dam" is response to Jim the fish. Maybe it wasn't?
    I think it was future Doctor. Just watch the way Smith makes all of his "older" self different than is younger self. Also, since he is "indirectly" fiddling with his timeline, his future self may not die. Most time can be re-written. Not all of course.

Not in my opinion. Sometimes we fans overthink these things.

5) How did the Doctor hear River say "I hate him" when she was in the Tardis and he was in the Oval Office?
    I'm of the opinion that he didn't hear her - he just knew what her response would be. The way you do when you know someone really well.

6) Just a comment: the locked room that River and Rory entered looked recycled from last year's "The Lodger".
    It was from "The Lodger", and is a big freakin' plot point for the rest of the season - or at least the first half.

Nah... no such thing

vCash
    I just remembered that River also said that the worse day to come was the day she dies but then went on to speak about the Doctor not knowing her. I don't know if she meant it literally or figuratively. The Doctor already knows she died in the library. I don't know if River picked up on that consciously or subconsciously. He would have figured out they were moving in opposite directions and wouldn't have told her directly. Spoilers.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    I liked that 'screamer" line. I guess I'm just a bad girl... just like the kind the Doctor likes. Oooh! I love River and the Doctor. It makes me sad that it seems almost too obvious for them to be lovers. I hope they don't overthink this one.

I know a place...
    vCash
    Questions:

2) I thought she told Amy? Or was it both Amy and Rory? Either way I think that line is in reference to when we find out the whole truth about who River is which will happen later this season.
    3) I think there is way more to the future Doctor than we think. And I'm thinking that we'll find out more about that around episodes 5/6.
    4) I have been spoiled for parts of Day of the Moon. But without going into to details, considering what happens with the little girl, I would be extremely shocked if she was Amy or River's daughter. Although I know there are secrets that are supposed to be revealed about both Amy and River this season. That one would just be strange. Especially in Amy's case, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    ITA.

Does anyone else think there is more to Amy's secret than just the being pregnant thing? Alot of people think thats it, but I think that is to easy.
    Also for anyone who is wondering, Alex Kingston is in episodes 1,2,7,8 and 13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    Since River obviously knows who she is, and knows her relationship to the Doctor before he does, they let Alex in on it so she'd know how to react.
    Thanks. I like that they kept the actors in the same situation as the characters.

vCash
    Actually, the funniest line was when River said that she is "quite the screamer. There's a spoiler for you". Ooh. (I know, it is most likely not what I think, but sometimes I enjoy having my mind in the gutter!)

vCash
    I think it's exactly what we think!

vCash
    Steven Moffat is known for his dirty mind and littering his scripts with innuendo. It's not only a kids show ya know!

In commentaries he has mentioned that River is from the same century as Captain Jack, and does have the same outlook on sexuality that he does. So when she says something that can be construed as naughty, she DOES mean it that way! Although at the end of Flesh and Stone, her joke about handcuffs was sort of a funny aneurysm moment.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Damn you Moffat! Now using a public restroom is scary! Really enjoyed the episode, lots of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey, and 11/River banter. Also, I so love Rory! Arthur Darvill's delivery on some of those lines is priceless.

As for Amy, I don't think she's - you know. River was doing the samething. I think it's a reaction to the Silents.

Plus - Mark Sheppard! and his dad!
    This.

Plus 11 in a Fez, again!

But when they started in the desert, before the 1969 mention, anyone else think it was going to be something related to Area 51? (Of course there'd be no point in that, since we know the Area 51 aliens were actually Quark, Nog, and Rom. )

Roll on part 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Plus 11 in a Fez, again!
    The fez, the top hat, the stetson. Matt Smith can really rock the chapeaux. Not everyone can. I certainly can't see Tennant doing it.

But when they started in the desert, before the 1969 mention, anyone else think it was going to be something related to Area 51?
    I just figure that it'll come up sometime before the end of part two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    The fez, the top hat, the stetson. Matt Smith can really rock the chapeaux. Not everyone can. I certainly can't see Tennant doing it.
    I wouldn't want Tennant to. He can rock the kilts anytime.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast