Here are some of my impressions/questions etc: (HUGE SPOILERS!)
1. Gendry is Robert's Baratheon's trueborn son. The queen spoke of a raven haired boy who died of fever. Me thinks she faked his death and got rid of him when she got preggers with Joffery so that her and Jaime's offspring would inherit the throne.
2. I have a suspicion that Dany is distined for evil-dom but I like her so much that if that happened it would make me cry but it would make a very juicy final. Especially if the remaining Stark children were to re-united at last and stand together against her! That would be cool too. Maybe have Arya and Dany duel...
3. Since Benjen Stark's body was never found could it be he is now one of the walking dead?
4. I want to know and see more of Lord Mormont's sister and her amazonian daughters. I find them very interesting characters but so little is ever said of them. Very happy to see more than one "unlady like" female character. hehehe
5. I am disappointed that the writter killed off Joffery so quickly. Just seems so abrupt.
6. Eddard Stark betrayed by his own daughter even though she did not intend to. That was one of the hardest things to read about. The foolish, foolish girl.
7. Not liking Jon seemingly not too troubled about his younger sisters being out in the world alone. They are innocent victims in the war between the different factions so why not ask for a temporary leave seek them out and put them somewhere safe?
8. Really really like that Stannis eventually offered the Wildings land and pardon. Hope he does it. But who are the true enemy everyone will have to reunite to fight? The Others or Dany? Or both?
9. The books keep talking about the long winter to come, dark shadows, the others or white walkers etc but I am into the 3rd book and still little sign of them. LOL
10. Jon is Eddard's biological son because they found six wolf pups and both him and bran are "wargs".