Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Oh, I believe him, and I don't blame him at all for blogging about things unrelated to the book. It's not a fun project, it's his job, so he can't do it ALL the time.

I just wish he'd maybe...pare down the number of characters involved? It gets to the point where I want "What happened to so-and-so" but we have to check in with this person and that person and introduce some totally new player and now it's four hundred pages later and I can't even remember what I was curious about in the first place.
    I actually went ahead a few chapters in the book last night looking for one specific character.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    My friend recommended http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Alera the Codex Alera series. I'll probably be reading that after I catch up on Game of Thrones and the following books.

"The series chronicles the coming-of-age of a young man named Tavi in the realm of Alera, an empire similar to Rome, on the world of Carna. Every Aleran has some degree of command over elemental forces or spirits called furies, save for Tavi, who is considered a freak. As the aging First Lord struggles to maintain his hold on a realm on the brink of civil war, Tavi must use all of his intelligence to save Alera."
    Oh, I liked that series. And aside from it being a great read, Butcher very kindly published a book a year right on schedule and finished it in 7 years. They're shorter books though, fairly fast reads and not nearly as complicated as Martin's.

vCash
    That's good to hear. It's nice to have a quick read sometimes.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Compared to "A Song of Ice and Fire", Earth's Children is a quick read.

vCash
    New episode tonight and I cannot wait! I am now well into the 2nd book and have come to realise that this series is just like Y&R but set in medieval times.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    What is Y&R?

I cannot wait as well! Now they should be in King's Landing.

vCash
    Young and the Restless...

vCash
    Eh, more like the hot and the frozen.

Also into book 2. A bit slow in the beginning and I have 1 character that I just want to skip through through their story, but I keep going, thinking they 'may' be important later on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Eh, more like the hot and the frozen.

Also into book 2. A bit slow in the beginning and I have 1 character that I just want to skip through through their story, but I keep going, thinking they 'may' be important later on...
    Ah, okay. Never heard of that before.

dbell, I have some of these characters as well. Surprisingly, they got often more interesting during rereads because then I saw how much was foreshadowed in their chapters.
    What characters do you find boring to read about? For me it was mostly

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Ah, okay. Never heard of that before.

dbell, I have some of these characters as well. Surprisingly, they got often more interesting during rereads because then I saw how much was foreshadowed in their chapters.
    What characters do you find boring to read about? For me it was mostly

Spoiler

My character is

Spoiler

vCash
    My character is

Spoiler

Oh, totally.

vCash
    You will get the answer to that question after July 12th when you have to wait with the rest of us.

I filled the time with skating and constant re-reads.

Very glad you liked it so much!!
    Hedwig, did you hear that Martin finally put the words "DONE" near his "Dance with Dragons" coveron his website? Editors probably will not be able to sleep in May, but there's a real chance "Dance" will not be postponed anymore.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Hedwig, did you hear that Martin finally put the words "DONE" near his "Dance with Dragons" coveron his website? Editors probably will not be able to sleep in May, but there's a real chance "Dance" will not be postponed anymore.
    Wheee!! No, I didn't!! Thanks for the news!! I checked is website every other day but I didn't today so as always, I get the news from FSU first!!!

vCash
    Wheee!! No, I didn't!! Thanks for the news!! I checked is website every other day but I didn't today so as always, I get the news from FSU first!!!

His editor actually has the finished manuscript in her possession. She was shown online (NY Times blog, IIRC) yesterday reading random sentences from random pages of the book as a teaser. If I weren't in such computer no teknik, I'd try to find it for you, but I saw it with my own eyes, so it's real.

vCash
    It's in "Fire and Ice Update" section.
    http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html
    ))))))
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    His editor actually has the finished manuscript in her possession. She was shown online (NY Times blog, IIRC) yesterday reading random sentences from random pages of the book as a teaser. If I weren't in such computer no teknik, I'd try to find it for you, but I saw it with my own eyes, so it's real.
    Cool. Thank you!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Tonight's episode flew by. I looked at the clock on the tv and was shocked an hour was gone already. Now that I've read the first book, it's fun to watch the story unfold.

Midway through book 2. My laundry suffered last week as I stayed up late to read it.

vCash
    Tonight's episode flew by. I looked at the clock on the tv and was shocked an hour was gone already. Now that I've read the first book, it's fun to watch the story unfold.
    No joke...seeing it once just isn't enough.

vCash
    Not sure which of the POV characters I consider most boring. There are chapter/s about each character that are less exciting to read than others however none so far that I can call outright boring. But there are a couple of Tyrion's sagely sermons that I could have done without. LOL Some of the events in the book and tv series differ quite a bit. Does this mean that the first season covers more than just one book?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not sure which of the POV characters I consider most boring. There are chapter/s about each character that are less exciting to read than others however none so far that I can call outright boring. But there are a couple of Tyrion's sagely sermons that I could have done without. LOL Some of the events in the book and tv series differ quite a bit. Does this mean that the first season covers more than just one book?
    No, I don't think so. There has to be some creativity for the writers of the series as GRRM said himself.

Do without Tryion's sermons? Cretin! I love them all.

vCash
    Ah, here is a link to the video btw
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...m-anne-groell/

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast