Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think there is a lot more to Jon Snow's parentage that we have been told so far. Perhaps the circumstance surrounding his birth will play a big part towards the end of the story. Well that is what I think anyway. This has got to be one of the best new show on tv.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Yeah I think you're right, Buzz. He seems to be the one with the story that develops the most(so far, anyhow).

I really need to delve into these books more.

vCash
    Lady being killed made he bawl like a baby when I read it first. There are bad things to come but killing animals and especially dogs(wolves) is one of the worst for me.

dbell, it is a pity it isn't winter for you! I love nothing better than having a huge book and read it away for a whole week-end while cuddling in front of the heater. And especially this book! 'Winter is coming'
    My first time reading it was in summer too, though, I just remember...
    (Although, I spent most of easter in my hammock on my balcony reading and that isn't half bad either )
    eh, okay, that must have been verrry interesting to you.

I love how Emilia Clarke portrays Daenarys. When I saw an interview with her after being cast I was a bit wary. She sounded so fake enthusiastic in the interview and it felt like she didn't understand her role at all. But either my impression was totally off or she gained more understanding afterwards because I think she is doing a kick-ass job.

Not too impressed with Catelyn. They aged all the characters (I read that GRRM said that the ages he used had been in line with the middle ages where girls were wed at 13 but that that would be hard on tv and that even people like Ned Stark who is like 33 in the books has been aged so it is more in line with our age expectancy) but she just looks soo worn and old and besides I had always pictured her more beautiful.
    They had cast Jennifer Ehle for the role first and that was my dream come true...I wonder why she was recast. They had already filmed the pilot with her and then they had to do the scenes again where Catelyn is present...

dbell, Arya is my favorite too. My boyfriend and I have all but agreed to name our firstborn girl Arya.
    Last edited by Hedwig; 04-25-2011 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think there is a lot more to Jon Snow's parentage that we have been told so far. Perhaps the circumstance surrounding his birth will play a big part towards the end of the story. Well that is what I think anyway. This has got to be one of the best new show on tv.
    There are lots of theories about his parentage in the net. I have one as well which I am pretty sure is right but I won't write it down so not to spoil anyone. But if you want to read about the theories, there are huge threads about all characters and everything here:
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/

Don't spoil yourselves, though and read parts of the forums where books are discussed that are already out!
    There is a spoiler free part just for people who only started to read the books:
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...still-reading/

vCash
    Thanks Hedwig!!!!

vCash
    You are very welcome, fellow ASOIAF fan!

Here is a Wiki for the world of Westeros:
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

All characters, places, maps etc.

But beware: Full of spoilers, so read at own risk.

vCash
    Here is a good synopsis of the episodes so far
    http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...kingsroad.html

It compares to the books but without spoilers.

vCash
    Got through several more chapters last night in the book...almost caught up with the tv series now.

vCash
    Got quite the way into the first book and and cannot put the thing down.

vCash
    Yeah, the only thing that made me put it down was that it was 1am

vCash
    I cannot tell you how many years it has been since a work of fiction has done this to me.

Spoiler

vCash
    In a way I am even envious of you guys! It is quite an experience to read the books for the first time I think. I have read them now about 6-8 times, I think. Part of that was listening to the great audiobooks that I can also really recommend.

vCash
    Books are here. Worlds are this week. I can see my family suffering big time.

Later gang, I'm about to go hang out with the White Walkers.

vCash
    I´m a little ashamed admitting that this moment was kind of satisfying

: Lady and poor Micah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post
    I´m a little ashamed admitting that this moment was kind of satisfying

: Lady and poor Micah
    I think that moment was super satisfying.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I am already halfway into the book and I starting reading it yesterday! LOL It is a bummer that the last two books will not be out for a looong time.

Spoiler

vCash
    I haven't read the books but I'm loving the series.

I'm huge fans of Sean Bean, Jason Mamoa and Peter Drinkage.

Khal Drogo is so hot is nuts. Still can't believe that's Jason Mamoa aka Ronan from Stargate Atlantis.

Lady Stark was really really pissing me off for a while. Her attitude toward's Snow is simply childish. Like the boy asked to be born.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I haven't read the books but I'm loving the series.

I'm huge fans of Sean Bean, Jason Mamoa and Peter Drinkage.

Khal Drogo is so hot is nuts. Still can't believe that's Jason Mamoa aka Ronan from Stargate Atlantis.

Lady Stark was really really pissing me off for a while. Her attitude toward's Snow is simply childish. Like the boy asked to be born.
    Yeah, Drogo is

Lady Stark doesn't really dislike Snow because of his personality...it's that he is a reminder of her husband getting frisky with another woman he thought enough of to bring the bastard child back to the castle and have him LIVE there, that bothers her. It isn't right, but I try to remind myself that she doesn't literally hate *him*...just the memories that he brings up.

And I agree sweetsparky! Loved when that little sh!t got a smack. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post

You have to remember, they are married a very short time when Ned goes off to war. Catelyn is left home alone and pregnant; she gives birth without her husband there and then when he finally returns he is bringing along a bastard he had by another woman (or so we are meant to think). From her point of view, not a great way to start off a marriage, and since Ned will not confide in her and tell her who Jon's mother is, her resentment grows.

vCash
    I understand why she would be upset but to take her anger out on an innocent child still after so many years is mean. Especially when he was leaving and trying to say goodbye to Bran on his sick bed. She got what she wanted and that is Jon sent away at last never to return and neither will he ever marry and have children of his own to lay claim to his father's estate so why not just be civil on the last occasion she will ever see him? Catelyn is definitely not my favourite character but I think the book would not be the same is lil Jon had an angel for a step mother. His treatment is the main reason he wanted to leave and his becoming a Night Watcher is one of the main catalyst for events in the book. LOL

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast