Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy74 View Post
    I was looking at pics from Comic-Con and Nikolaj Coster Waldau looks VERY hot. VERY hot. I mean, I always thought he was handsome but with the beard...

Kit Harington is so my type it's not even funny. The dark curls, dark eyes, and kind of angsty look is so my thing. And he looks tinier than on the show, which I like too.

Jason Momoa doesn't do a thing for me.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/91cE5...11/if9_HK3EnFp
    Thanks for the link: I agree with everything you said and my books arrived today! I wonder if they enjoy these panels. I suspect Comic-Con might not be looked upon as your average press junket. My wish would be that they enjoy the craziness and fanfare as much as we enjoy watching (and reading) Thrones.

vCash
    Kit Harington reminds me of this year's version of Orlando Bloom. Non threatening teens that look like they could blow away...

Nikolaj and Jason, on the other hand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Thanks for the link: I agree with everything you said and my books arrived today! I wonder if they enjoy these panels. I suspect Comic-Con might not be looked upon as your average press junket. My wish would be that they enjoy the craziness and fanfare as much as we enjoy watching (and reading) Thrones.
    I think Kit Harington looked like a deer caught in the headlights most of the time. There were a few shots of him smiling but mostly he looked nervous, shy, and scared. It's cute, though. My friend Jason was annoyed that Richard Madden wasn't there...he has a MAJOR crush on him and I have to download eps of Richard's BBC show Sirens for him.

Did anyone watch the vids of the panel? Jason Momoa made some comment (in answer to a question about HBO vs SyFy, I think?) about "raping beautiful women" and the whole cast/writers just face-palmed, like WTF did this dude just say?. Tumblr has loads of great pics and gifs of this moment; it was pretty hilarious despite the stupid comment.

vCash
    In his defense this series does have a lot of that stuff. The Wildings and Ironborn are all about kidnapping and raping women as a cherrished custom.

vCash
    Jason did stand up and hold out Emilia's chair when she came out on the stage. Since the only woman we saw Drogo take by force was Dany, I thought he was trying to compliment Emilia? Or I could be totally off and he needs to be slapped...

vCash
    Must be my rude Euro mindset but I got that he was clearly joking how un-PC and even eeek can be this series when the big story love of this season (unless you´re in the Cat-Ned, as moi, or even Cersei-Jaime LOL camp) starts with a marital rape but the couple grows to what seems true love and mutual respec. But of course I guess it sounded better on his mind that once it went out of his mouth

Momoa and Nikolaj too, but what I really liked is how fun and relaxed both guys seemed. I think this is Harrington first big work so probably he was kind of nervous, and then being asked about posters over teen beds I doubt helped him to be a bit less.

I approve of King Lobster Stannis, Ser Davos and Melissandre casting , although I don´t know a lot about the actress.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Grumble.... I am not happy with the casting for Stannis. But if you guys are too busy with Momoa and Nikolaj to pay much attention to Kit Harrinton, I will gladly comfort him on behalf of us all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Grumble.... I am not happy with the casting for Stannis. But if you guys are too busy with Momoa and Nikolaj to pay much attention to Kit Harrinton, I will gladly comfort him on behalf of us all.
    Uh, stand in line! They can have Momoa...I would take Nikolaj but Kit Harington, Richard Madden and Sean Bean are my top 3 GoT crushes! Have a thing for the Stark men, I guess Ned was my main book crush and I've always had a soft spot for Jon Snow. Robb I loved mostly because he was Ned's son and a Stark, but with Madden playing the role I appreciate him for, um, well, other attributes.

vCash
    There is an impressive list of hotties on that show.

I only wish that season 2 would be showing in the fall and not have to wait until spring next year. BTW There was a nice little interview with Martin on the CBC network over the weekend and glad to see him getting some well deserved acclaim.

vCash
    Yeah, this show would be a lot more fun to watch in winter, since "winter is coming" is always being said. Instead, "winter is coming" makes me think "no it isn't...it's in the 70's and headed toward summer. HOT" lol.

vCash
    Filming for season 2 started yesterday! Now begins the daily stalking of various sites for pics, tweets, reports, etc.

Carice van Houten, who is playing Melisandre, tweeted this lovely pic, which I could not stop staring at for a full 5 minutes: http://yfrog.com/kepvropj

Producers also confirmed the name change of Asha Greyjoy to Yara, which I don't really understand since it's so close to Arya? But I guess they figure audiences won't be confused with a major character like Arya vs the relatively minor characters of Osha and Asha.

vCash
    WHAT the heck ??? Changing a name ?????????????
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    ITA with the change. It's damn hard to keep up with the characters in this series--it's one of the reasons I decided to read the books. I don't think Arya and Yara really sound alike at all.

"Asha" and "Osha" on the other hand...depending on your region and speech/hearing patterns, I know there's a big chunk of the US that would hear those as the same name and be very confused. Might make for some really interesting, really garbled synopsis though.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Gemma Whelan is confirmed as Asha--I mean Yara--Greyjoy.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/02/ga...-greyjoy-asha/

Her pic/name has been around for awhile but this is the official confirmation. I like her look. She has also done stand up comedy which will come in handy when her and Theon first meet up as adults...some of my fave scenes in the entire series.

is silently judging you
    vCash
    Jaqen H’ghar was just cast too.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/08/...s-jaqen-hghar/
    The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most. -- Morrissey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbalgirl77 View Post
    And he is beautiful.

I'm interested to see who is cast as Ygritte.

vCash
    I wish he were playing Stannis but I can't have everything. LOL

is silently judging you
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    And he is beautiful.

I'm interested to see who is cast as Ygritte.
    Seriously, he's hot! http://i55.tinypic.com/f0qnv7.jpg

It seems like Ygritte might be hard to cast. They still have to cast

Spoiler

, although I'd think they'd need to announce them all pretty soon.
    The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most. -- Morrissey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbalgirl77 View Post
    I was at work when I saw the pics of this guy and I stared at my screen for about 5 minutes. I can't recall a show with more hot men than this one. This dude is

I read they are still auditioning for Ygritte. Frankly I hated her in the books so I hope they cast someone that I can at least enjoy on the screen.
    Last edited by mindy74; 08-04-2011 at 03:50 AM.

vCash
    More casting news:
    Hannah Murray from Skins cast as Gilly. Some had suggested her for Ygritte but I didn't see that at all. Gilly works though.

Roy Dotrice as Pyromancer Hallyne.

Still looking forward to: Ygritte, Meera and Jojen Reed, Mance Rayder.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast