Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    vCash
    Ooooh, interesting choice for Stannis. Loved him as Jefferson in "John Adams."

Have no clue who the actress playing "Mel" is, so I'll trust the casting people here. After all, they did give us Emilia Clarke.

Please let James Purefoy be cast - I'll be a happy woman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm finishing the audio book and I never cease to be amazed at how much the show was able to present of the book. They got all the important details and the books just fills in some gaps. I really wish HBO had done Harry Potter rather than Warner Brothers. Of course, it wouldn't have made millions and millions of dollars, but they could have done a much better job with the books.
    There is just so much in the Potter books to try and fit into a movie: What I do applaud is the idea of casting acting veterans to support the Hogwarts students. As for Thrones with Bean and Addy out the show loses two seasoned actors but they seem to be hiring more fine veterans for future episodes. So far I've been more impressed with the young talent on Thrones than the Potter films (though I enjoyed the films.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post

Have no clue who the actress playing "Mel" is, so I'll trust the casting people here. After all, they did give us Emilia Clarke.
    Dissenting opinion here from the loyal opposition, but I think Emilia Clarke is all wrong for the part she is playing. She's too harsh and brittle and has no sense of Dany's vulnerability.

vCash
    Welcome back emason Did you ever get back into watching the series?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm finishing the audio book and I never cease to be amazed at how much the show was able to present of the book. They got all the important details and the books just fills in some gaps. I really wish HBO had done Harry Potter rather than Warner Brothers. Of course, it wouldn't have made millions and millions of dollars, but they could have done a much better job with the books.
    Just what I said to my friends
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Oh, I loved Emilia Clarke. And all the Stark children, especially Arya.

I agree about Harry Potter, rfisher. The movies does not do the books justice. And I was never impressed with any of the child actors there. Emma Watson maybe the most but even she cannot hold a candle to Maisie Williams, IMO.

vCash
    I also hope that one day, they will able to turn the Harry Potter books into a cable series, like Worst Witch and ASOIAF.

BTW, Stephen Dillane's son Frankie played teenage Voldemort in the HBP movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Dissenting opinion here from the loyal opposition, but I think Emilia Clarke is all wrong for the part she is playing. She's too harsh and brittle and has no sense of Dany's vulnerability.
    I have not read the books (they are on the way ): Is there an actress that you imagined as Dany's?

vCash
    I'm at comic-con. Flew in on Wednesday on the same plane as Peter Dinklage, Christopher Paolini(the guy who wrote Eragon), and Mike Tetul from some bike show. Went to the Game of Thrones panel yesterday. Tyrion and Drogo were the most popular of the panelists (Jason Momoa showed up with his Drogo makeup. Jason was the most enthusiastic of the panelists, showing off his Dorthraki, giving high fives to cast members, flipping off Beniof when he mentioned Baywatch. The showrunners didn't know who Jason was and found him by looking at Westeros.org and looking at a casting suggestion thread. Got some cool swag, a House Lannister shirt, a map of westeros mouse pad, and 20% off the HBO booth. My brother got a Targaeryen shirt. Don't know if anyone else got something different, but I'm not sure people wouldbe happy to get a House Aryn shirt

Martin said he likes bittersweet endings and specifically pointed to the end of LOTR as a good one.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau Had a beard. Don't know if thats just his own choice or if he 's already growing it for his character.

Oh and did I mention how hot Jason Momoa is?
    Last edited by Yehudi; 07-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    Lucky ducky you! Sounds like a lot of fun.

vCash
    Was Jason half naked ? Or Nikolaj ? If so I might be jealous
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    That is awesome, Yehudi! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm jealous. Really want to go to Comic Con one year.

vCash
    Btw, Christopher Paolini seems like a cool guy, talking to people on the plane, really getting into the spirit of the con.

My brother told me I should have gotten Dinklages autograph. Aw well

vCash
    I was looking at pics from Comic-Con and Nikolaj Coster Waldau looks VERY hot. VERY hot. I mean, I always thought he was handsome but with the beard...

Kit Harington is so my type it's not even funny. The dark curls, dark eyes, and kind of angsty look is so my thing. And he looks tinier than on the show, which I like too.

Jason Momoa doesn't do a thing for me.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/91cE5...11/if9_HK3EnFp

vCash
    I love both Kit and Jason. They're both attractive in their own way, just different types. Jason Momoa lost points with me by being with Lisa Bonet, though.

And yeah, you should have got Peter Dinklage's autograph, Yehudi!!

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...l?cmpid=ABC794 some info and pics from the Game of Thrones panel.
    Last edited by Satellitegirl; 07-22-2011 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    There should be a sexy dudes of GOT calender. I would by a copy, several in fact, one for each room! hehehehe

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Thanks to a very kind friend who lent her her HBOGO login information, I have begun watching this. I really like it! I am on episode 5 so far. I especially enjoy watching with the special features turned on. It pops up maps and information on characters and places as the episode plays. I can't tell you how much this has helped because I know nothing about the books.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I was looking at the photos of Lena Headley wondering who she was and which character she played. What a transformation. And I like ALL the men on that panel. They are all my type, but most especially little Jon Snow.

is silently judging you
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    I was looking at the photos of Lena Headley wondering who she was and which character she played. What a transformation. And I like ALL the men on that panel. They are all my type, but most especially little Jon Snow.
    She is actually the reason why I started watching the show in the first place! I loved her as Sarah Connor so when I saw her as Cersei I was like, "...is that really her?"

ITA about Jon Snow. Good god, man.
    The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most. -- Morrissey

vCash
    I know, I couldn't believe she was Cersei as well. Looks nothing like her Sarah Connor TV Series character. Which is good! lol

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast