Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

vCash
    aaahhh, I don't know if I should be happy or or
    I just got the message from amazon that they sent A Dance with Dragons to me.
    Therefore I will get the book tomorrow or at the latest the day after tomorrow.

This is great, innit? But but but...
    I waited for this book for five years and I had planned to take two days off from work to read it and to buy comfort food and diet coke and have time to immerse myself in the book completely.
    Aargh, but now I have to work and I have set dates tomorrow so that I cannot even go home early and I have plans all week-end and I know I shouldn't complain that I get THE BOOK early but it kind of messes with my wonderful plan to do nothing but read and eat in two weeks.

But also The book is on the way.

vCash
    Don't change your plans: Have someone else hold on to the book if you have to. There are very few things in life so pleasurable as planned time alone with an anticipated sequel---(and you have waited a LONG time.) I'm waiting on some quiet time alone so I can read a mystery I've waited for and that was just 18 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Don't change your plans: Have someone else hold on to the book if you have to. There are very few things in life so pleasurable as planned time alone with an anticipated sequel---(and you have waited a LONG time.) I'm waiting on some quiet time alone so I can read a mystery I've waited for and that was just 18 months.
    You are very right.

I changed all my plans and will lock the book away until Thursday evening. I will take Friday off and will have 1.5 days of pure reading pleasure.
    It will be hard tomorrow and Thursday but I think it will be worth it.

I now found out that apparently it was a mistake by amazon.de to release the book early and that they released a few thousand copies before being told that they were not allowed to and they stopped it.
    I am one of the few lucky (?) ones to get it early.

vCash
    I am not quite so sure that is not a mistake. I was going to order it online but figured why bother since there are so many bookstores a stones throw away from home. I will burn with envy at all of you if it does prove to be true. LOL Doubt when it does come out in the book stores that I will be getting much sleep, but I will try and drag it out because I am not confident that Martin will be any faster with book six.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    You must post some spoilers for those of us who are dying to know! :begging:

I caught some of the early spoilers on Westeros before they pulled the forum down. Some biiiig shockers there and some things that make me think I will be throwing the book at the wall, agaiin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    You are very right.

I changed all my plans and will lock the book away until Thursday evening. I will take Friday off and will have 1.5 days of pure reading pleasure.
    It will be hard tomorrow and Thursday but I think it will be worth it.

vCash
    I for one do not want any spoilers. I normally do not mind spoilers but not this time. (Not that I deserve the right to say that. LOL) I have found a link to a letter sent by the publisher that seems to acknowledge that a few copies were sent early in error.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-pos...-dragons-28649

vCash
    I don´t mind spoilers, I kind of enjoy more procedures/exposition that results, so knowing about what happens doesn´t detract from me the satisfaction of reading/watching how did it happen.

Anyway naughty Amazon.de for making so lucky Asoiaf Germans fans and especially Hedwig (I agree, anyway, with the not spoiler general wishes but I hope you can tell us how do you feel about the book once you start your reading )

Now Amazon.com should be nice and send my kindle copy now! ¡Ya!

vCash
    While hanging in the work kitchen yesterday, 2 coworkers started talking about the show and how they want the books. So, today, I took them in the first 4. Told them 'don't get attached to anyone' and didn't say anything else. When pressed, I related the tale of Bran - how I thought that poor little boy was dead and he was alive the next episode. Told them spoilers would just wreck the fun.

Was going to re-read the first 4 before #5 shows up, but don't really have to since it's only been a month. Can't imagine how long time fans are reacting.

Hedwig - very cool that you're getting it early. Sort of appropriate since you're the forum Queen on this series and your enthusiasm got so many of us hooked on it.

vCash
    I was re-watching Lord Snow on the HBO Go site tonight, and remembered how much I absolutely love the ending of that episode. Arya learning from her dancing master, and when Ned comes and begins to watch, he is all smiles, and you see pride in his face. Then the sounds of the wooden swords turn into the sounds of REAL metal swords...and his face changes and you see this foreboding and fear...Sean Bean deserves an Emmy for that 60 seconds alone. Just everything about that last scene is perfect, IMO.

Re-reading the entire series in anticipation of Book 5...and I broke down and read a few spoilers. Just can't help myself!

vCash
    This does not make sense - according to the article 180 books have escaped to the wild.

I have preordered the book from Amazon and being the nerd I am, I also preordered the book from two bookshops here in case Amazon was a day late.

I just got messages from both bookshops that the book is there and that I can go and get it.

I don't believe that I get three of the 180 books that have escaped so I guess the number is way wrong.

Now I have three copies (not in my hands yet but as good as) and I only need two. If someone here is very eager to get it early I can of course send it to them. First come first serve.

vCash
    Why am I not one of those "180" client ? Saad. But I need to wait, I don't have the time to read it now.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    ahh, now my hardest 24h have begun.
    I have the book. Right next to me. But I won't start reading until tomorrow evening. There is no way I could stop reading the book in an hour when I go rock climbing and I cannot postpone it.
    And I cannot take off tomorrow.
    But what I will do is buy some cake ingredients later and bake myself a cake for tomorrow evening.

It was sort of a strange feeling to run into the bookstore all eager and receive the book by a lackluster saleswoman. I even told here that the book shouldn't have come out yet but she was totally uninterested.

Last time, I had done a release party the day before the book came out and was all prepared for it. Now it was sort of happening on the go. I am overwhelmed.
    (and I know that I am overreacting in my shock )

vCash
    Wow. Lucky you

Please please don't spoil us !

vCash
    Yeah I'd venture to say not even with spoiler tags...as no one else is going to have read it, and the temptation will be too great

vCash
    I wouldn't post any spoilers. I know I wouldn't want to be spoiled either.

vCash
    It looks like it's only the german amazon who has been sending copies of the book !

vCash
    Book gather and now my reading begins.
    It shall not end until the last page.
    I shall not take phone calls, hold work papers,
    I shall not spoiler the unlucky,
    Cook not dinner, I shall live and stay at my couch.
    I am the (lamp) light in the darkness
    I am the finger on the pages
    I am the reader against sleep
    I pledge my life and honor to A Dance With Dragons
    For this night and all the nights to come.

Go Hedwig!

vCash
    Queen Hedwig of the Book Watch.

vCash
    That was exceptional good Sweetsparky!

vCash
    ROTFL !! Excellent

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast