Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    GAAHHHAAAHHH!!! What a freaking amazing episode!! The ending was just heart wrenching. Son wandered through the living room and went 'hey, Boramir's dying again'. Chased him out and kept yelling at Joff the brat.

Even though I knew what was coming, it was just such a great series of scenes tonight - bam, we're with the Starks meeting mad Walder and his creepy family. Bam - back to Tyrion meeting Shae. Boom - hey, look they captured Jaime. Boom - there goes Drogo off the horse. (((horse))) Bam - hey look, Jon's on the wall getting schooled by Aemon. SOB!!! Bye Eddard. Damn, Jorah looks good in armor.

Oh, and I finally felt bad for Sansa. Poor Arya. At least she was saved by Yoren. Although, I don't remember her standing on a statue staring at everyone. Wouldn't someone else sort of recognize her?

vCash
    Spoilers till Book Two:

Spoiler

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Ok..I'm a little lost. I don't remember who Yoren is from previous episodes. And I take it Arya's "dancing" teacher did not survive? I've been studiously avoiding spoilers but now I need some help. And damn damn damn...not the ending I wanted tonight.

vCash
    lol Matryeshka.

and I agree dbell1...definitely an amazing episode.

I used to look forward to True Blood, but I'd give my right arm to have 12 more episodes of Game of Thrones instead. Favorite show by FAR. 1 episode left of this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Ok..I'm a little lost. I don't remember who Yoren is from previous episodes. And I take it Arya's "dancing" teacher did not survive? I've been studiously avoiding spoilers but now I need some help. And damn damn damn...not the ending I wanted tonight.
    Yoren is from the Night's Watch. He's sort of the King's Landing recruiter I guess? We saw him earlier this season talking to Tyrion at the Wall.

No clue what happens to the totally awesome Syrio. Maybe they tell us more next episode?

Speaking of the next episode - it's the LAST OF THE SEASON!!! I'll be in a very deep tv funk until next season.

vCash
    I'm choosing to believe Syrio outsmarted the soldiers. If it's left up in the air, then that's what I'll go with lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Yoren is from the Night's Watch. He's sort of the King's Landing recruiter I guess? We saw him earlier this season talking to Tyrion at the Wall.

No clue what happens to the totally awesome Syrio. Maybe they tell us more next episode?

Speaking of the next episode - it's the LAST OF THE SEASON!!! I'll be in a very deep tv funk until next season.
    Thank you....And I hope Satellitegirl is right about Syrio. I wish HBO had planned more episodes for THIS season.

vCash
    It must suck to recruit for the Night's Watch. "Hey guys, want to be celibate, underfunded, underfed, under appreciated, and freeze?"

vCash
    Was this the last episode of the season?

vCash
    Nope, there is one more left.

vCash
    It must suck to recruit for the Night's Watch. "Hey guys, want to be celibate, underfunded, underfed, under appreciated, and freeze?"
    Sounds very much like the gulags of Stalin's time. Except I do not think there were too many volunteers. LOL I am off to watch episode nine and will miss this show once the season is over. Hopefully I will not have to wait until next year for season2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Sounds very much like the gulags of Stalin's time. Except I do not think there were too many volunteers. LOL
    It does doesn't it; except no white walkers----that we know of anyway.

vCash
    My friend read the plot/storyline basics for Game of Thrones, and said it was basically a copy of history as far as the structure and main plot went. He then proceeded to get snoody and say that people should just read real history, to which I told him that there was no Sean Bean in the real history

I think many stories pull from real history, though. I don't see the problem with it.

vCash
    I enjoyed the episode. I knew Joffrey would kill Ned.. Sean Bean of my favorite actors ever is gone. I'm enjoying Rob Stark, loved the look on Jamie Lannister's face(the actor) when Rob didn't take the bait.

I really hope Tyrion finds a way to be a rich dwarf without his father and leave his family to their own demise.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Great last scene, poor Ned, and Arya and Sansa too.
    We needed Tyrion at Baelor steps.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    My friend read the plot/storyline basics for Game of Thrones, and said it was basically a copy of history as far as the structure and main plot went. He then proceeded to get snooty and say that people should just read real history, to which I told him that there was no Sean Bean in the real history

I think many stories pull from real history, though. I don't see the problem with it.
    History has dragons and zombies?

vCash
    Yeah that's what I told him lol.

vCash
    So, I think this http://ewtvrecaps.files.wordpress.co...1303738859.gif is highly appropriate after last night's show.

Where's Hedwig? We need our favorite fluffy white owl to give her take on the scene she's been waiting patiently for all these years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    My friend read the plot/storyline basics for Game of Thrones, and said it was basically a copy of history as far as the structure and main plot went. He then proceeded to get snoody and say that people should just read real history, to which I told him that there was no Sean Bean in the real history
    Nor is there any Jason Momoa.

vCash
    So, I think this http://ewtvrecaps.files.wordpress.co...1303738859.gif is highly appropriate after last night's show.

You know that there is a 10 minute version of that on YouTube. Just Tyrion slapping Joffrey over and over and over, and etc.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast