Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    I like direwolves and cookies, don't get me wrong. But I'm really here for the glorious gratuitousness with pretty, snowy trees and sunny coastlines only HBO can produce.

As soon as the school year is over, I'm going to Kindle the first book as my reward.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I am finishing Book 3 and am completely obsessing over the series. The wait after "Dance with Dragons" will be hard. Especially so as I have to prepare for heartbreak- I do not dare to hope that characters I grew to love might get even a semi- happy ending.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Don't give up hope just yet. There are still two more books to come out, however the wait will most likely be a very loooong one.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I just was on Wikipedia that the last episode was written by someone else than the originators of the series and someone who hasn't written another one.
    It was generally not as well received by the critics as the other ones and like I said before, I didn't like it very much.
    Maybe that was the reason and the other episodes will be better again!

I am especially anxious to see episode No.8 (Stick them with the pointy end) which was written by the master (GRRM) himself!

I am in my 335th reread of the books right now (book 4 at the moment) and every time I discover something new. I think these books are even better if you reread them than on the first time. You notice so much more and especially the interwoven backstory gets more and more interesting and little details that mean a lot later spring suddenly out at you...I think in a way, these books are really an art like a complicated painting that gets more and more interesting the longer you look at it.

vCash
    335th reread of the books O.o. Do you read anything else? lol

I'm glad to hear that episode was done by someone different...like you said...encouraging that it will get back on track a bit again next episode. I didn't think it was a bad episode, but certainly slower than the others had been.

vCash
    I am tired of re reading them !!
    I want the last books to be released soon !! boohoo
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    But then it'll be over! It's sort of like the HP books...I wanted them to be released, but now it's all over...and many times the ending you can imagine is better than the actual ending you get.

vCash
    I don't think it's the same.
    When the last tome of the sword of truth came, it was more of a relief. And not a total let down like HP has been to me.
    And when, next november, I"ll have the last book of the wheel of time, I'm sure I'm gonna feel so sad it's over

But I always try to avoid unfinished series from now on. I just hate all that waiting.
    It's the same with the Eragorn saga. When will he release his book ?!

vCash
    Knowing this author I doubt there is gonna be a lot of happy people when this is series is all over. He says he loves to keep it as realistic as possible so do not expect too many happy endings.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Happy what ? LOL

vCash
    LOL.... dirteh mouth? clean it up with new Orbitz gum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    335th reread of the books O.o. Do you read anything else? lol

I'm glad to hear that episode was done by someone different...like you said...encouraging that it will get back on track a bit again next episode. I didn't think it was a bad episode, but certainly slower than the others had been.
    335th might have been a TINY exaggeration.

Apart from these books I only reread Harry Potter a few times.
    And ITA about HP. I loved that I "grew up" with the series, meaning that I saw it unfold slowly and could reread in between and have my own theories. The last book came much too soon.
    But there I also wasn't too worried about the author dying before she finished writing...

vCash
    So I watched the latest episode. I love the actor Peter Dinklage(plays Tyrion Lannister). Lady Stark, I like her NOT!.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    I'm with you Topaz, I still dislike Lady Stark. And the way she treated John Snow in the book when he went to see little broken Bran was just nasty.

As far as Harry Potter goes, I was never a Ginny fan, so the ending was NOT my favorite either. It's bad when you're rooting for a death eater to take her out and leave the twins alone.

vCash
    Catelyn Stark is one of my most hated characters in the series.

Spoiler

How can one not be a Ginny fan? I loved her snarky and independant character.

vCash
    I am really surprised at all the Catelyn Stark hate here. I guess I am not seeing/reading what the rest of you are; I like her just fine. There are many more characters in this series who are a lot worse than she is.

vCash
    I was annoyed with her at the beginning, but I think given where she lives and who she has to deal with, being a bit over the top with strength is better than being taken advantage of and being rolled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I am really surprised at all the Catelyn Stark hate here. I guess I am not seeing/reading what the rest of you are; I like her just fine. There are many more characters in this series who are a lot worse than she is.
    Oh there definitely are characters who are worse. But with them I know from the beginning that they are bad. Catelyn is selfish and bad in her own way while at the same time thinking and being good and honorable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Oh there definitely are characters who are worse. But with them I know from the beginning that they are bad. Catelyn is selfish and bad in her own way while at the same time thinking and being good and honorable.
    I just don't find her to be selfish or bad; selfish and bad are just about the last two words I would ever think of in connection with her. I think she is in a tough position where she has to make hard decisions based on inadequate information. She makes choices and the choices don't always turn out as hoped, but I find her to be a decent person underneath it all. If anything, I find Ned Stark to be a lot more culpable; he's been married to her for 15 years and he has not taken her into his confidence about the one thing of paramount importance to both of them (for different reasons) - who, really, is Jon Snow? Then when Catelyn is unloving to Jon and treats him harshly, Ned just looks the other way and ignores the whole thing. Sorry, but the buck stops with St. Ned and the problems flow from his making, not from Catelyn's.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash

Spoiler

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast