Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Here's my suggestion for Mirai:

a lovely, danceable number

vCash
    We never get enough La Boheme. I think this would be great for her
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Thanks to everyone who has posted ideas! I am enjoying listening to each one and I think (so far) they're all great suggestions! I hope Mirai takes a peak here now and again and sees this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think Mirai needs something up tempo. I wasn't crazy at all about her SP this year. Her LP wasn't great either put i think that was because she never skated it the way it should have been skated. At 4CC where she finally put it all together i rather liked it.
    ITA about Mirai's LP! Somehow she made it work at 4CCs like at no other competition-it truly gelled there. I wonder if she'll keep it for the new season? If so between the two I'd rather she keep her LP over her SP.

I think there are selections in Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro" and "The Magic Flute" that are quite whimsical and would work beautifully for Mirai. I think there are some interesting pieces from the "Amadeus" movie soundtrack she could do, as well as some of the music from the film "Farinelli' particularly the Handel pieces.

This particular scene from "Amadeus" has several of Mozart's magical compositions that I think Mirai could skate to either in an SP or LP depending on the selections:
    Salieri views Mozart's music compositions and has an epiphany
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Bpz...eature=related

Some cuts from the "Farinelli" soundtrack could work but not just Handel's pieces: ex.
    Rinaldo -Overture (organ wouldn't work imo but some other orchestral arrangement would)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WglQiplfs

also Riccardo Broschi's work such as:
    "Son qual nave"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdxJ...eature=related
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 04-20-2011 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    This girl deserves a fresh choreographer who doesn't view her personality in such a limited way. Not very articulate right now, but I feel like Mirai's natural expressiveness is treated as a "crime" or something to work around or turn into something hammy and comical. She could have such range, and I don't think she's treated very seriously by Lori.
    mirai is in toronto with lori right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Sigh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Again both programs?..
    Hope this time Lori will find smth that suits Mirai, like she did two years ago.

vCash
    I'm starting to think it's a package deal; you work w/Frank Carrol, you work w/Lori Nichol O.o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I'm starting to think it's a package deal; you work w/Frank Carrol, you work w/Lori Nichol O.o
    Oh, I'm sure Mirai and her team could use someone else if they wanted to. They're probably happy with what Lori had given them thus far even though last season's programs were not the best.

I like what Pasqel (sp?) did for Alissa this year. Maybe Mirai can go to him when she has gained a more mature look. Just stay away from the usual suspects like Morosov and Wilson, .

vCash
    I'd love to see Mirai do a program of Strauss' works which I swear are tailor-made for her... his music is light and yet dramatic and mature :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rflX...feature=fvwrel

vCash
    even though i know she went to nichol again this season
    i can't help but hope that she gets a new choreographer like richard dornbush's or sarah kawahara or go back to susan austin (loved her junior sp esp the step sequence) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56fKkcX1i4

we need more inspiring choreographers. not the uninspiring recycled ones that we have now.

vCash
    Doesn't matter which music Mirai skates too. I think that girl can pull of most type. As long as she can nails the competition, I'm happy. If Miki and Kim taking a year off next season and Mao still reworking her jumps, Mirai has the biggest chances of winning the world title next season. Lets see if she toughten up and deliver when it counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Again both programs?..
    Hope this time Lori will find smth that suits Mirai, like she did two years ago.
    Hmm... all I have to say is, I think (at least one of the programs), suits her better than her long from last season.

vCash
    i know she's already worked with Lori but has anyone heard/read news about her new programs? Music? When is she debuting it?

vCash
    I would love it if someone would skate to Candide. Can it please be Mirai? Or perhaps Mirai would do well with something like Kiss Me, Kate. I think musicals would suit her nicely. Or maybe I'm the freak who liked her "I've Got Rhythm" program, I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    i know she's already worked with Lori but has anyone heard/read news about her new programs? Music? When is she debuting it?
    Don't some competitions start in late summer? Perhaps we'll hear something by then-or perhaps Mirai can't wait and she'll let us know via twitter before then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I would love it if someone would skate to Candide. Can it please be Mirai? Or perhaps Mirai would do well with something like Kiss Me, Kate. I think musicals would suit her nicely. Or maybe I'm the freak who liked her "I've Got Rhythm" program, I don't know.
    do be honest, i love most of her competitive programs. My favorites in order:

1. Shout and Feel It (SP)
    2. Pirates (SP)
    3. Coppelia (FS)
    4. City Lights (SP)
    5. Caprice Fantastique/Orpheus (FS)
    6. I've Got Rhythm (SP)

Her other 4 programs are still very respectable though
    The first she shows in her Carmen and Memoir of Geisha FS
    The one-foot footwork to Un Sospiro
    Her poise in American Quartet (except i probably liked this one least)
    But not to say that i don't like these programs. I only liked them

But I LOVED 1-6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Doesn't matter which music Mirai skates too. I think that girl can pull of most type. As long as she can nails the competition, I'm happy. If Miki and Kim taking a year off next season and Mao still reworking her jumps, Mirai has the biggest chances of winning the world title next season. Lets see if she toughten up and deliver when it counts.
    Except she'd actually have to make the world team first...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    Except she'd actually have to make the world team first...
    Well the last part of wonderlen's post seemed to say as much 'let's see if she toughens up and delivers when it counts'.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I'd love to see Mirai skate to something mature, up tempo, modern, and full of attitude. She's at a mature, almost adult age where she doesn't have to be a pwetty little pwincess on the ice all the time, and it would be good for her to broaden her style and attack the ice a lot more. (No more botched spins to soporific music.) Which brings me to this:

Penguin by Avicii can be easily shortened into a 2:40 short program. It would be very powerful music to emphasize, should she have them, new jumps and blazing new footwork. I strongly believe she has the speed, basic skills, and inner sassiness to pull this off. It would definitely wake up the arena from the usual ladiezzzzzzzzz snoozefest.

Also, given that Worlds next year will be in techno-crazy Europe, a program to such music would definitely draw in the crowd and help attract new audiences to skating.

vCash
    I would love her to do a ballet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast