gold dust woman
    vCash

The Next Food Network Star 2011

It starts on June 5th. Lots of info here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-next-...tar/index.html

One of my high school classmates is on the show! I never really talked to her, but I knew who she was. Unfortunately, based on what I've seen of her videos, she likes to rip on our hometown a bit...she was one the drama/show choir kids in my HS, so I'm sure she'll be fine in front of the camera.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/jyll-ever...age/index.html

vCash
    Well, do you think that we should root for her?

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I'm not sure, let's see how she is on camera. I would say yes, because she's from Wisconsin , but she was a bit of a snob too.

vCash
    When does the show start? This is the official thread, right? We do one every year....

I dislike prima donnas, snarkers, or backstabbers. Last season had all of them.

And while I was happy that Aarti won, I am not that impressed with her show. It's like she has Americanized Indian food.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

And while I was happy that Aarti won, I am not that impressed with her show. It's like she has Americanized Indian food.
    I think some of the blame must go to the producers; I think they want to mainstream her and make her more accessible, so this is the direction they are leading her in.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    When does the show start? This is the official thread, right? We do one every year....
    June 5th. I guess it's the official thread...go me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I think some of the blame must go to the producers; I think they want to mainstream her and make her more accessible, so this is the direction they are leading her in.
    And it's a shame - what I love about Indian cuisine is the fact that it is so different. I don't want it to be American. I mean, she made Indian Sloppy Joes - out of BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    June 5th. I guess it's the official thread...go me?
    Go YOU!!

vCash
    And it's a shame - what I love about Indian cuisine is the fact that it is so different. I don't want it to be American. I mean, she made Indian Sloppy Joes - out of BEEF!
    I agree it's a shame, but this is the network that thinks Semi-Ho is what we all want to watch. The corporate identity seems to be to appeal to the widest and lowest common denominator possible.

vCash
    I agree it's a shame, but this is the network that thinks Semi-Ho is what we all want to watch. The corporate identity seems to be to appeal to the widest and lowest common denominator possible.
    I agree. Frankly, I'm beyond 99 things to do with chicken breast. I wish they would take advantage of audience segmentation and give us more adventurous stuff on the weekends. At least there's good stuff on PBS on Saturdays.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Oh wow, I know one of the contestants too. Well, I know her in passing. That's the second reality tv person I've known in the last year.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Tis sad but true. They have dumbed down considerably since their debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I agree. Frankly, I'm beyond 99 things to do with chicken breast. I wish they would take advantage of audience segmentation and give us more adventurous stuff on the weekends. At least there's good stuff on PBS on Saturdays.
    I also like The Cooking Channel. I like Chuck Hughes and Bitchin' Kitchen.