View Poll Results: Who'd you like tonight?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Durbin

35 57.38%
  • Scotty McCreery

22 36.07%
  • Casey Abrams

31 50.82%
  • Stefano Langone

9 14.75%
  • Jacob Lusk

14 22.95%
  • Paul MacDonald

5 8.20%
  • Haley Reinhart

10 16.39%
  • Lauren Alaina

19 31.15%
  • Loved everybody

0 0%
  • Hated everybody

4 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thought Haley was leaving but I'm okay with Paul. Get rid of the girls, the men have got this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Thought Haley was leaving but I'm okay with Paul. Get rid of the girls, the men have got this!
    That sounds really sexist. It's not called American Male Idol. Do you mean you think all 5 of the men are better than Haley? Did you hear her duet tonight? She was fabulous.

vCash
    Ohhh, Rihanna sang "California King Bed" tonight. aka the slow ballad with the 80s guitar solo. No wonder y'all liked it.

Just kidding, I've had this song downloaded for months. That was a good performance from her.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'd like to congratulate us for getting it right this week (again?). Paul had the least amount of votes. I guess we do represent America. I knew I didn't like any of you.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Pia had more than 4 times the votes than Stefano though last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Pia had more than 4 times the votes than Stefano though last week.
    Well that was clearly set up by the powers that be to get people talking and bring in more ratings. haha, j/k

However, this week we did really well. We had the bottom 3 correct and in the right order if you assume Stefano was indeed bottom 2 although they usually do not say specifically that the first safe person was indeed 3rd. I think they just chose who would be the most dramatic at the end.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Haha, I saw that Pia was on the Today show. Is that normal for booted contestants or was this a *special* case?

I just watched the clip of Thia and Naima on Leno. Naima so clearly didn't know the words that it sounded kind of muddled.

After going on about Rihanna, I just watched Kelly. Um, yeah. Vocals were no comparison.
    Last edited by cailuj365; 04-15-2011 at 07:02 AM.

vCash
    Meanwhile, great news for us David Cook fans. We finally have an album title, cover, and release date!

Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    That sounds really sexist. It's not called American Male Idol. Do you mean you think all 5 of the men are better than Haley?
    I certainly do.

Lauren is way better than Stefano though.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    That sounds really sexist. It's not called American Male Idol. Do you mean you think all 5 of the men are better than Haley? Did you hear her duet tonight? She was fabulous.
    I don't really see how it's sexist if someone just prefers the male constentants to the female ones. They didn't say that the female contestants are bad because they are female.

As far as Rihanna, I agree her vocals are hit and miss. I think she definitely has good producers behind and the work produced for her can sometimes be more interesting than the usual pop fair, especially her Rated R album, but she sometimes (along with many of the pop stars today) can be painful to listen to when she's live.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Crap like this really pisses me off. I don't like any of the women as much as some of the men but that doesn't make me sexist. Overall, I prefer female artists, but the women this year just don't sing the music I like. The women didn't get voted off because America hates women. The women got voted off because, frankly, many of them sucked and didn't sing the music the the voters want to hear.

vCash
    Why can't she sing like that all the time? Last night was only time I've ever liked her singing. Usually, it's too much uber-growling overkill for me...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Why can't she sing like that all the time? Last night was only time I've ever liked her singing. Usually, it's too much uber-growling overkill for me...
    That's how I feel. I think her duet last night might have bought her a little time, but she'll squander it if she goes back to the uber-growling/shouting/sex kitten thing.

vCash
    I was responding to "get rid of the girls, the guys have this". Do they "have this" because they are guys or because they are good? Because Stephano for one would be lucky to be paid to sing in a Holiday Inn.

vCash
    I didn't watch all of both episodes, but Kelly Clarkson wins the week for me. Love her.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I didn't watch all of both episodes, but Kelly Clarkson wins the week for me. Love her.
    I also think that she is going to win this.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I also think that she is going to win this.
    I kept trying to vote for her but her line was always busy or something!
    -Brian

vCash
    Actually, yes I do think all five of the men are better than Haley. Sorry if I sounded sexist, that was not my intention. I lurves me great female singers. Just don't feel the remaining ladies stack up well against the guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Actually, yes I do think all five of the men are better than Haley. Sorry if I sounded sexist, that was not my intention. I lurves me great female singers. Just don't feel the remaining ladies stack up well against the guys.
    Agree. If the pre-production press was any indication, the producers wanted to load the show with great girls in the hope of a female winner. Unfortunately, the great girls they picked either didn't stand out, or weren't contemporary enough to appeal to the AI viewers who actually vote.

Note to Nigel, et al, require everyone to perform a contemporary song as the first hurdle of Hollywood week.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Agree. If the pre-production press was any indication, the producers wanted to load the show with great girls in the hope of a female winner. Unfortunately, the great girls they picked either didn't stand out, or weren't contemporary enough to appeal to the AI viewers who actually vote.

Note to Nigel, et al, require everyone to perform a contemporary song as the first hurdle of Hollywood week.
    If the producers wanted a girl to win we would be seeing a lot more of the girls, like the basketball throwing or the Hulk Hogan thing or Nigel pushing young girlss to rush the stage, etc. Name one good production thing that the producers have manufactored for any of the girls. Oh yeah, they put them in horrendous outfits by Gwen Stephani (who I love).

As for singing contemporary songs right away, those who do are always put down for it, as if they think they are as good as _____. They are always told the song is too recent & they are compared unfavorably to the original artist.

Those who think all the guys are the best thing since sliced bread & all the girls stink up the stage are buying into the producers' crap. Stephano? Jacob? Paul? Really?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast