Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    LOL @ Kwan's bitchface. Can I be the keeper of that?

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Partying with Oda
    Posts
    4,222
    vCash
    1799
    Rep Power
    33132
    No huge MK fan here, but I think she handled the situation VERY admirably. I probably would've freaked out and headed to the closest hotel bar...

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36444
    I haven't seen Kwan's 2004 Worlds LP performance in a while, and although it really is far from her best skate (in terms of both tech. content and choreography), the intensity + anger in this performance is really something to see. Then mix it in with the streaker and the jovial mood Kwan was in afterwards, it really was "theatre."
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I haven't seen Kwan's 2004 Worlds LP performance in a while, and although it really is far from her best skate (in terms of both tech. content and choreography), the intensity + anger in this performance is really something to see. Then mix it in with the streaker and the jovial mood Kwan was in afterwards, it really was "theatre."
    She was in pain, she had a rough qualifying, she got a time deduction in the short, was out of reach for the title by the time she skated, and was interrupted by a streaker.

    Gotta have anger. Lucky she was skating to Tosca and not... Lyra Angelica. Otherwise it would have been the bitchiest Swan interpretation ever.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,824
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zir_Bj7Dw8E

    Here is the bitch face LOL.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ What's always bothered me was how the commentators made light of what could have been a potentially dangerous situation. It's like they expected her to just laugh it off.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm still furious at the German federation for not being more on top of the situation. Did German sporting officials not learn _anything_ from the Monica Seles incident?

    It was only pure dumb luck that he was an attention wh*re and not a violent maniac.

    I'm also still furious that he was let off so lightly.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,491
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41754
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I'm still furious at the German federation for not being more on top of the situation. Did German sporting officials not learn _anything_ from the Monica Seles incident?

    It was only pure dumb luck that he was an attention wh*re and not a violent maniac.

    I'm also still furious that he was let off so lightly.
    As am I!

    MK handled the situation amazingly well,
    Many others did not.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,824
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I remember on another board there was a member who suggested Kwan hired the streaker because she was jealous of all the positive attention Sasha was getting at that world championships. It was the same poster who had a huge problem with Michelle's dress color of choice for her Tosca program LOL.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I remember on another board there was a member who suggested Kwan hired the streaker because she was jealous of all the positive attention Sasha was getting at that world championships. It was the same poster who had a huge problem with Michelle's dress color of choice for her Tosca program LOL.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Wooo I remembered the times Also about wearing blue is WROOOOONG for her Aranjuez program because it's about a matador or something

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,491
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41754
    It seems that there was plenty of ridiculous "misinformation" going around,

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36444
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I remember on another board there was a member who suggested Kwan hired the streaker because she was jealous of all the positive attention Sasha was getting at that world championships. It was the same poster who had a huge problem with Michelle's dress color of choice for her Tosca program LOL.
    There was a poster here that said it served her right. What Kwan must've done in order to deserve that, I still have no clue.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,389
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4361
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    ^ What's always bothered me was how the commentators made light of what could have been a potentially dangerous situation. It's like they expected her to just laugh it off.
    Were any of the commentators making light of it live? Or was it added in afterwards, when everyone knew that nothing horrible happened?

    Also, wasn't the streaker who disrupted Kwan the same guy who disrupted one of the German swimming or diving teams at the Athens Olys? If it was the German team who was disrupted ... serves the German sporting authorities right, IMO.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sochi voids
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    IIRC, it was a guy paid by some casino to interrupt sport events and write the casino's name on his chest.

    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I remember on another board there was a member who suggested Kwan hired the streaker because she was jealous of all the positive attention Sasha was getting at that world championships. It was the same poster who had a huge problem with Michelle's dress color of choice for her Tosca program LOL.
    Must be the same person who trolls around YT skating videos with five different usernames and goes on and on about why he/she dislikes MK, even when no one has mentioned her.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,434
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    86
    Isn't it the same guy that ran to and "grabbed" Roger Federer during the 2009 French Open Final?
    (Boy was that scary and it almost ruined the match for Roger - thank God he got back on track and eventually, finally won!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJYyH...eature=related

    Didn't he also disrupt a major football game? Champions' league final or something like that?

    That guy is a smart a$$, not sure how much security can be blamed in the various cases... I know it was pretty much non-existant in Dortmund, I'm pretty sure it's top-notch in some of the other places he's "performed" at.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Celine82 View Post
    Isn't it the same guy that ran to and "grabbed" Roger Federer during the 2009 French Open Final?
    Didn't he also disrupt a major football game? Champions' league final or something like that?
    That guy is a smart a$$, not sure how much security can be blamed in the various cases... I know it was pretty much non-existant in Dortmund, I'm pretty sure it's top-notch in some of the other places he's "performed" at.
    No. That particular waste of space is named Jimmy Jump (who also disrupted the Eurovision contest last year). Words cannot express how much I hate that jerk.... a would be celebrity whose only talent is disrupting those who've accomplished something.

    The sooner he gets the crap knocked out of him by security the better.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Were any of the commentators making light of it live? Or was it added in afterwards, when everyone knew that nothing horrible happened?
    IIRC, Dick in particular seemed to chuckle about it since the guy first appeared on the ice. Even if everything was eventually safe, he and the others did not seem to really recognize how frightening that must have been for her.
    Last edited by Fozzie Bear; 04-17-2011 at 07:46 PM.

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    13073
    I think that was the first World Championships I ever watched and couldn't understand what on earth was going on - I remember being really impressed with how well Michelle skated following the disruption.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,642
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    There was a poster here that said it served her right. What Kwan must've done in order to deserve that, I still have no clue.
    Apparently Kwan had beaten her skater of choice. I did not think Kwan had a bitchface. I thought her initial face was one of terror. She had had death threats & there were a lot of Yuna-like bots at that time. I was really scared when I first saw the guy on the ice & I'm sure she was terrified.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •