Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    .......smelled Dmitry on this girl......
    I thought about that...... and as far as I am concerned, it would be the best explanation for my peace of mind.... But then I want to know all possibilities.

I am sure our brain picks up and registers a lot of details, but do we always use and apply them, and if yes, do we apply and use them properly?

I think all Swamis and Fortune Tellers are simply very observant and logical "mentalists", good psychologists/analysts, with good deductive reasoning abilities....

vCash
    Telepathy can be seen as just very heightened intuition and there is evidence suggesting it exists in animals as well as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Rob, that is an interesting story. I've always had an interest in stuff like this happening, those things that you just can't explain. I have a story of my own along those lines:

I'm a firm believer in the idea that there are connections between people that cannot be rationally explained, that there are things we know without being able to explain how we know or sense that these things are true.
    I agree. I think some people do have psychic abilities and that the supernatural does exist. There are just two many stories to indicate otherwise. Years ago I met a woman who claimed to have seen ghosts and described her experiences in detail. She was completely genuine and I believed her.

At the same time, what is seem is supernatural could in some cases just be an overactive imagination and/or blinding insight.

And I'm wary of people who try and fit everything into one frame of understanding. I particularly take issue with new age magical/magnetic thought. Observing those who ascribe to it reveals the capacity to overlay the philosophy onto experience. Coincidences become acts of psychic intention and all that happens is seen to be created vibrationally. How convenient to believe that you have so much control over your life. . .

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    ……. maybe when you were both 20…… and so did Sasha Cohen…..
    My impression is that you look more like a mix between “prettier younger versions” of Jamie Lynn Singler and Marisa Tomei…..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ND920tPjWk...igler+face.jpg

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/cm/g...b-51165795.jpg
    I never ever got either reference from anyone and don't really see the resemblance. I don't know who Singler is. When I was the same age as Nastassija in this pic, I could see what people mean.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I don't know who Singler is.
    She played Meadow on The Sopranos.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I must be the only human alive who's never seen a full episode of The Sopranos. But I did like the opening with the hairy, stubby fingers on the steering wheel and the Pulaski Skyway--the ugliest bridge ever constructed.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I've never seen a full episode of The Soprano's either.

I do believe in the unexplainable...I think sometimes..in situations like Anna's.You just know.I can't give you any other explanation of that or scientific backup.You just know.

vCash
    I must be the only human alive who's never seen a full episode of The Sopranos.
    I haven't seen even one minute of the Sopranos.

Just not a fan of the gangster genre.

vCash
    When I was the same age as Nastassija in this pic, I could see what people mean.
    Absolutely ! yes, on this foto, when she was 20, had darker hair and more expressive eyes…Last 10 years she is “bleached out”, probably had face work and looks like this…. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6-IIXAF5HO...KinskiCrop.jpg ........And you’re prettier…...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Telepathy can be seen as just very heightened intuition and there is evidence suggesting it exists in animals as well as humans. .
    My dog, as one example, supposedly “telepathically predicts” that I am going to brush her, and runs away…… The fact is she simply notices the tiny elements in my body language, facial expressions and sounds, which us humans either do not pay attention to or are yet capable of registering through our sensory organs….. Same with animals and earth-quakes, etc….

But if animals are capable (through evolutionary processes inspired by survival) to be able to sense sights and sounds, to change color of skin on minute’s notice, to sense heat, energy of other creatures and objects, to be able to use smell as identification, etc…. we, humans, must have it in us, somewhere. I understand there are differences in present state of our general anatomy that are not easily crossed…. But at the same time, I can’t help but to think that a lot of the “unexplained” that happens with us humans, which is called ESP, intuition, telepathy, is caused by intense stimulation (by extreme or cultivation) of sensory organs combined with simultaneous analysis/processing of the input the organs receive.

None of what I am saying is scientific….. but I hope there are materials I can read…. I just can find any that satisfy my curiosity enough…..

How convenient to believe that you have so much control over your life. . .
    “Convenient”?.... on the contrary – rather “obligatory” and “carrying a greater weight of personal responsibility” and “feeling less security in terms of fairness and higher powers or entities are looking out for your”.

It’s more “convenient” to think that you do not have full control over your life, decisions, choices, outcomes….. One can always blame “something else that is beyond one’s control” or have “false hopes that greater powers are looking out for you”….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    She played Meadow on The Sopranos.
    I must be the only human alive who's never seen a full episode of The Sopranos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrushka View Post
    I've never seen a full episode of The Soprano's either.

Never watched it either, but Jamie Lynn was also Turtle's girlfriend, as herself, on Entourage.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Absolutely ! yes, on this foto, when she was 20, had darker hair and more expressive eyes…Last 10 years she is “bleached out”, probably had face work and looks like this…. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6-IIXAF5HO...KinskiCrop.jpg ........And you’re prettier…...
    Thank you. She is quite a bit older than I am though. I don't think the blond hair agrees with her in her mature years.

Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Never watched it either, but Jamie Lynn was also Turtle's girlfriend, as herself, on Entourage.
    I used to watch Entourage sporadically but don't recall her.

from Speedy Death

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Thank you. She is quite a bit older than I am though. I don't think the blond hair agrees with her in her mature years.
    It's like she brought a photo of Julia Roberts to her plastic surgeon and said "Give me that."
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    It's like she brought a photo of Julia Roberts to her plastic surgeon and said "Give me that."
    At least Julia Roberts seems to understand what hair color looks good on her. I've never seen her in that particular shade of blond. May be I am wrong though. I don't watch her like a hawk.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    But at the same time, I can’t help but to think that a lot of the “unexplained” that happens with us humans, which is called ESP, intuition, telepathy, is caused by intense stimulation (by extreme or cultivation) of sensory organs combined with simultaneous analysis/processing of the input the organs receive.
    That's really all that it is supposed to be.

“Convenient”?.... on the contrary – rather “obligatory” and “carrying a greater weight of personal responsibility” and “feeling less security in terms of fairness and higher powers or entities are looking out for your”.

It’s more “convenient” to think that you do not have full control over your life, decisions, choices, outcomes….. One can always blame “something else that is beyond one’s control” or have “false hopes that greater powers are looking out for you”….
    I understand your point but it really depends on how you look on it. When I say 'convenient' I mean as a neat and tidy frame of reference that makes sense of everything, providing you don't put much thought into it. It's the not thinking and acceptance of dogma that's convenient, especially if you surround yourself with others who like to preach the dogma.

I remember one woman told me once how she had visualized getting a digital camera for Christmas and then got three - when digital cameras were a hot item that year and probably every second person got one. This person was hellbent on convincing me that my lived experience was wrong because I didn't accept her philosophy and that I too could just manifest whatever, providing I did what she did. . .

I believe that randomness exists as well as synchronicity and that luck exists as well as karma. It would be more convenient if I believed that everything made sense. I'm most bothered by new age dogma because I see it everywhere and it simply isn't universal truth. If we could all just visualize and get what we wanted, then hypothetically we could just visualize winning the lottery and win - which isn't possible when there is only one winner - or visualize getting rid of cancer and get rid of it (sure, it helps some people, but it's not a cure).

And so long as believe in this magical system of thought, new age gurus will make a ton of money teaching us how to make it work. Like my friend who bought a certain charm to make her day a good one and had a bad day - and wondered if she should try a different charm.

Visualize works some of the time. The law of attraction works some of the time. And more of the time for some people than others. Multiple truths co-exist and it's far more intellectually and spiritually convenient to just accept an appealing frame, be it 'God's will' or 'Law of Attraction'. Grappling with a world that is far more complex and messy can be damn inconvenient and it can make you really unpopular as well, since so many people prefer to follow the herd.
    Last edited by Japanfan; 04-14-2011 at 08:11 AM.

vCash
    Tinami : pheromons may be the answer if the smelling proves right
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Two things struck me:

1) Anna's youth and immaturity caused problems between she and Dmitry so he turns around and starts dating another college student?

2) He was probably already seeing this new girl before Anna went to visit her parents.

Anna won't want to hear this but my gut tells me she just made a lucky escape. I hope she'll be okay once she gets over the heartbreak.

vCash

I believe that randomness exists as well as synchronicity and that luck exists as well as karma. It would be more convenient if I believed that everything made sense. I'm most bothered by new age dogma because I see it everywhere and it simply isn't universal truth. If we could all just visualize and get what we wanted,
    Well, Karma is not "new age" and most of what people call "new age" actually isn't "new" at all.

And you don't just "visualize and get what you want." You still have to have a game plan and do the work involved (kind of like "God helps those who help themselves"), at the same time putting your intent out there. I know one woman who lives her life based on LOA and I am amazed at what she has manifested for herself in the last 15 years.

gold dust woman
    vCash

Just not a fan of the gangster genre.
    Sing it, sister! I hate that show.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post

Anna won't want to hear this but my gut tells me she just made a lucky escape. I hope she'll be okay once she gets over the heartbreak.
    ^^^This. Anna sounds better off without this guy.

from Speedy Death

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    My first thought when I read your description of events is that Anna (consciously or unconsciously) smelled Dmitry on this girl. Maybe some of his cologne lingered on her clothing or she was wearing something of his.
    Eau de cum?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Eau de cum?

My mamma would tell you'd never find a husband with that tongue. But then I guess it's a deterrent only for straight people

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast