Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yagudin is one of the best male skaters EVER. I don't see Lysacek's performance as inferior to Kulik's in 1998,
    Kulik´s giraffe program??with the 3axel of the ages?we were watching same competition?Kulik has more charisma in his little finger than all Lori Nichol could add to Lysacekś performance (and no, celebrating at the end of the program and holding the last position for an hour -like Flat ´s Eden end position also -is not artistry), can magnet the audience with just a wave. As a matter of fact at least the rest OC in your list could do that.
    What is funny about 2002 commentary and 2003 season´s also is the commentators saying multiple times he is playing it safe, just one quad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Kulik´s giraffe program??with the 3axel of the ages?we were watching same competition?Kulik has more charisma in his little finger than all Lori Nichol could add to Lysacekś performance (and no, celebrating at the end of the program and holding the last position for an hour -like Flat ´s Eden end position also -is not artistry), can magnet the audience with just a wave. As a matter of fact at least the rest OC in your list could do that.
    What is funny about 2002 commentary and 2003 season´s also is the commentators saying multiple times he is playing it safe, just one quad.
    Great post lol oh how I loved Kuliks giraffe!!

btw Yagudin did two quads in his Olympic fs; one on it's own, and one 4,3,2
    both perfect

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Awww, Kulik 1998, what a program was that!!! (Minus the "Giraffe" costume ... )

Fine presentation plus all of his elements, including the quad, seemed effortless, absolute textbook-perfect! Actually I never realized how tall he is, it wasn't a problem for him, he is- and always has been such a tremendous elegant (and creative!) skater ...

Still remember it all, unbelievable ... since we're talkin' about the last millennium!!!

vCash
    Kulik's flow was just impressive and is yet to be topped by any male skater even to this day. (Maybe Takahashi or Kozuka?)

I find certain tall guys' jumps to be even more spectacular because of the height they get and the tightness in the air. Love Urmanov's jumps for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Kulik's flow was just impressive and is yet to be topped by any male skater even to this day. (Maybe Takahashi or Kozuka?)

I find certain tall guys' jumps to be even more spectacular because of the height they get and the tightness in the air. Love Urmanov's jumps for example.
    Urmanov had an impressive technique. He was so light and clean. I'm not fond of his skating, but really, his jumps were beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    Great post lol oh how I loved Kuliks giraffe!!

btw Yagudin did two quads in his Olympic fs; one on it's own, and one 4,3,2
    both perfect
    I know Plushenko also hit two quads. Thats why I was laughing with Yagudin going safe comment..because of 3axel!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Kulik has more charisma in his little finger than all Lori Nichol could add to Lysacekś performance
    If I could give reputation, I would give you SO MUCH FOR THIS.

Ilia's jumps are absolutely beautiful to this day. So light, so airy, so huge. And so effortless. He always looks like he has all the time in the world to land. But I loved more his way of moving - one of the American commentators once described it as "flying", I prefer "skimming" - just moving lightly over the surface as though it was completely solid.

I miss him. He needs to do more shows

vCash
    Say all you want, but I just don't get all the Lysacek hate.

vCash
    I wish Kulik had stuck around for at least a couple more years in his eligible career. He was only 20 when he won gold and as like Scott said he hadn't even peaked yet.

vCash
    There was a quote in "The Incredibles" that I actually find really relevant.

"They keep finding new ways to celebrate mediocrity!"

Lysacek is not a great skater and he never will be. He is a good skater who had the good luck to be at his peak at the time when there were no greats, when quads were disappearing, when the sport was stagnating.

Plus, he has all the charisma and emotional expression of a dead fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wish Kulik had stuck around for at least a couple more years in his eligible career. He was only 20 when he won gold and as like Scott said he hadn't even peaked yet.
    I wish it too But I'm glad he's still so brilliant nowadays

Blergh
    vCash
    Jesus Christ...
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Jesus Christ...
    Never heard of him. Does he have a quad?

vCash
    ^ not this week.

I dont hate Lysacek, I dont get his skating at all interesting (except for carmen Olympics 2006) but I dont hate him. HE didnt kill my dog. I just found the comment of him compared to Kulik''s 1998 program a little (A LOT) >
    It was like comparing Yagudin's programs to KVDP 's. And I love KVDP btw!
    Anyway, to each their own.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Kulik's jumps were like butter.I just rewatched it..and besides jumps, I didn't see anything else..Now I will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Kulik's jumps were like butter.I just rewatched it..and besides jumps, I didn't see anything else..Now I will
    You are right.
    He was really concentrated on his jumps. I guess that his performance at the 1997 Worlds was in his mind.

vCash
    The thing that stuck in my mind was Kulik's circular steps.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    The thing that stuck in my mind was Kulik's circular steps.
    I think that I missed them..

vCash
    I will watch Kulik's 1998 performance again as it has been awhile since I've seen it. However, I may still maintain that Lysacek's was equally as good.

vCash
    Well, I watched Ilia's 1998 LP and Evan's 2010 LP back to back and I still see no difference between the quality of the two performances. I think some people just like to rag on Evan.

vCash
    Well, I watched Ilia's 1998 LP and Evan's 2010 LP back to back and I still see no difference between the quality of the two performances. I think some people just like to rag on Evan.
    I loved Kulik's SP from 1997. Not so much the one in 1998.

Perhaps not really evident in this SP, but overall I think he was much better overall skater than Evan.
    Last edited by shine; 04-19-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast