Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    All this could have been cleared up many pages ago if you'd just say "Oops, I didn't express my intention correctly. What I really meant was..." instead of blaming everyone else for misunderstanding when they were just reacting to what you actually wrote.
    Word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    It wasn't my intention to make a clever remark,
    Indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post

All this could have been cleared up many pages ago if you'd just say "Oops, I didn't express my intention correctly. What I really meant was..." instead of blaming everyone else for misunderstanding when they were just reacting to what you actually wrote.
    Here is what I said "many pages ago", indeed :

Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post

It's also possible that I didn't explain that well what I think, but in that case you should have asked for clarification.
    Did you ask for clarification ?

vCash
    I will say something where you don't need to ask for clarification: You come across as a complete asshole.

You generalize and you attack people (whether it is Midori, adult skaters or people on this board). This may be due to language issues but when people tell you that you come across like an asshole you don't say that you are sorry but that you meant something else but you think that it is up to other people to guess your meaning or ask again while all you do is attacking them and telling them how stupid they are and how they generalise while you don't.
    btw, you think your language skills are good enough to differentiate enough so that you can tell who generalizes and yours are so excellent that you don't but you are not able to bring across the other meaning of your posts without someone having to write a whole interpretory book about it? Bullshit. You were first hiding behind "you are all generalising and I am not" and now you are hiding behind "poor little me cannot talk English and you are all so meeeeeaaan and should have asked what I meant".

A decent person would just have apologized about having created misunderstandings and having insulted people right left and center and wrote what they meant to say - like gkelly pointed out earlier.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Apparently you think that it's our job to somehow figure out that what you said, which was expressed quite clearly and wasn't open to interpretation at all, isn't what you actually meant to say and ask you to restate it when it's actually your job to express yourself clearly in the first place and, when that doesn't happen, to explain what you actual meant when it's clear that everyone else has interpreted it exactly the same way and therefore you didn't do a good job expressing yourself.

While it's nice for the recipients of a communication to give the communicator the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like tone of voice or intention, the onus for expressing an idea accurately is on the communicator.

P.S. "I don't generalize" is a generalization.

vCash
    I didn't insult anyone here, but you, you did insult me. You are so pretentious about your opinion, thinking that what you say is the absolute truth that you don't even imagine that someone else can have another opinion than yours.
    Discussion is about sharing opinions, listening to others and try to understand them before insulting them because you feel offended that you didn't yourself think that you should have tried to understand to begin with.
    You said I should have mentionned that I may have explained my opinion not perfectly, and when I show you that I actually said that, you start insulting me by pretending I'm trying to play the "poor" something. You should at first know what you want and not turning a conversation the way that arranges you.

At no moment you tried to get the meaning of what I said. That is a problem because instead of insulting me and play the "I know what you must think" pretentious person, you'd better open your mind and try to get my point, which would have been much more interesting than writing the stuff you did.

Vacant
    vCash
    Oh God is this still going on? Take it to PM and save us all from a fate worse than boredom.

Thread closed!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415