vCash

Ballet School on LOGO

A documentary about the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School is on. I was supposed to go out an hour ago, but I am hooked. It's very interesting.

Is this the school Emanuel Sandhu attended?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    A documentary about the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School is on. I was supposed to go out an hour ago, but I am hooked. It's very interesting.

No, he went to the National Ballet School in Toronto (also a very fine school).
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

what channel was this on? I looked for it but not on my t.v. and No Emanuel went to the national ballet school in Toronto.. I like documentaries like that and is it the one about the nutcracker as think I have seen it before
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I stumbled on this by accident; thank goodness TWC has a start over feature on several channels/programs, so I was able to see the whole thing. Rex, I was hooked also. It is so interesting to see young dancers at the start of their careers and I loved watching the First Steps or whatever it was called where the dancers choreographed for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I stumbled on this by accident; thank goodness TWC has a start over feature on several channels/programs, so I was able to see the whole thing. Rex, I was hooked also. It is so interesting to see young dancers at the start of their careers and I loved watching the First Steps or whatever it was called where the dancers choreographed for themselves.
    For some reason, Johnstuart was my favorite...and I think the concept of a Ballet Grand Prix is interesting. Almost like figure skating.

vCash
    Personality wise, Johnstuart was definitely my favorite. I would like to have seen more of Tristan to know if his dancing was really that good.

I actually googled Johnstuart and he is now dancing with the Colorado Ballet in the corps de ballet.

I love it though. I thought it was a really well done piece and it made me really care about the dancers.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I didn't have a favorite, but I thought the boys were so much more interesting than the girls in general. I could barely tell one girl from another, but the boys held my interest.

It may not have been that Tristan's dancing was really that good. They may have needed his body type or they may have had him in mind as a partner for a specific girl.

Johnstuart, on the other hand, looks destined for a career of playing Puck or Mercutio, but never Oberon or Romeo. If the right company has an opening for a demi-caractere (sp?) dancer, he could get snapped up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    what channel was this on? I looked for it but not on my t.v. and No Emanuel went to the national ballet school in Toronto.. I like documentaries like that and is it the one about the nutcracker as think I have seen it before
    This was on LOGO (www.logotv.com) and it looks like it'll be reshown on 4/12 at 1pm. Its called Ballet High.

It looks like the website also has all the episodes of Be Good Johnny Weir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    I didn't have a favorite, but I thought the boys were so much more interesting than the girls in general. I could barely tell one girl from another, but the boys held my interest.
    Almost like figure skating for me.....

vCash
    I DVR'd it last night, glad to hear it was good, now I'm really looking forward to watching it. There was a reality dance show on a year or so ago that really sucked, can't remember anything about it. This sounds more "real."

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Bump... I caught the end of this tonight and liked what I saw.

Looks like the full episode can be watched online: http://www.logotv.com/video/ballet-h...playlist.jhtml

following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Thank you all for posting about this!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Thanks for posting!