View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stefano Langone

4 6.25%
  • Scott McCreery

29 45.31%
  • Pia Toscano

18 28.13%
  • Paul McDonald

10 15.63%
  • Lauren Alaina

10 15.63%
  • James Durbin

42 65.63%
  • Jacob Lusk

11 17.19%
  • Haley Reinhart

20 31.25%
  • Casey Abrams

24 37.50%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Randy Jackson

4 6.25%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Steven Tyler

15 23.44%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Jennifer Lopez

24 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I see no reason why Pia couldn't also have hits, whether she sings ballads, dance music, or country on her cd.
    Because she's duller than dishwater... Maybe she can open for Celine in Vegas.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I don't know, maybe I'm burned out on Idol. I just think that by this point in the season we should be past solid performances. Usually there are solid and then standout. I think I'm missing the standout performances.

As to who should have been put through. I thought Lauren Turner should have gotten a shot at the wild card round and that Kendra C. should have made it to the finals. But that's just me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't know, maybe I'm burned out on Idol. I just think that by this point in the season we should be past solid performances. Usually there are solid and then standout. I think I'm missing the standout performances.

As to who should have been put through. I thought Lauren Turner should have gotten a shot at the wild card round and that Kendra C. should have made it to the finals. But that's just me.
    Those are reasonable choices. I initially thought they should have been given a shot over Ashthon Jones and Naima Adedapo, but oh well..

I agree that there were no "standout" performances this week on Idol for me, but there have been in the past this season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Those are reasonable choices. I initially thought they should have been given a shot over Ashthon Jones and Naima Adedapo, but oh well..

I agree that there were no "standout" performances this week on Idol for me, but there have been in the past this season!
    I would even add Thia to that list, but I can't remember a name to replace her with.

There have been some good performances this season, you're right.

vCash
    For me, the difference this season is the lack of difference in basic ability. I expected everyone in the top 13 to be capable of singing in tune and on time. Not so in prior seasons. With no roadkill in the top 13, it reduces the opportunity to "save the show" by laying down a very good performance after a bad one. It's all coming down to the voters preference for genre and the type of performance they like.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    For me, the difference this season is the lack of difference in basic ability. I expected everyone in the top 13 to be capable of singing in tune and on time. Not so in prior seasons. With no roadkill in the top 13, it reduces the opportunity to "save the show" by laying down a very good performance after a bad one. It's all coming down to the voters preference for genre and the type of performance they like.
    I agree. They all sing very well. They are also all very different from each other. More so than any other season. Personally, I've enjoyed idol more this year than any other because of that variety. There has never been more genres and performance differences on the show. Each contestant brings something different. If you like country, Scotty is the man and to some extent Lauren. Jazz: Casey, Rock: James, Gospel: Jacob, Pop: Stefano and Haley (although she's sort of R/B ish). I'm enjoying the lot of them and don't particularly care who wins.

It's really funny how most posters here at FSU absolutely hate Paul, but he's extremely popular with other people I talk to. He's apparently very popular with college age kids and all my gay friends absolutely love him. BTW, they hated Adam Lambert. Go figure.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I agree that they all can sing. But there are few well developed and charismatic physical performers (movement and relationship to the audience). Those who lacked in that area are not growing leaps and bounds either. So when we see competent vocal performance after performance with just one or two full blown physical performances, it just seems very even and maybe blah to some.

In past seasons, in addition to some bad singers, I recall a really dreadful attempt or two at Bon Jovi by otherwise decent non-rockers and a couple of painful country songs by otherwise decent non-country singers. This year's contestants who are attached to one style have been able to choose a song in that style or adapt it anyway. No one has been required to lay an egg.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I see roadkill in the top 13. My top 13 would have been:

Thia Hollie
    Stephano Colton
    Paul Jerome
    Karen Kendra
    Scotty John Wayne
    Jacob Aaron
    Ashthon Rachel

Plus Pia, Casey, Haley, James, Naima, & Lauren. They would have still had a good mix & IMO much better voices. Or they could have had the traditional top 12 & cut Casey. He's a good musician but his voice is pretty limited.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223