View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stefano Langone

4 6.25%
  • Scott McCreery

29 45.31%
  • Pia Toscano

18 28.13%
  • Paul McDonald

10 15.63%
  • Lauren Alaina

10 15.63%
  • James Durbin

42 65.63%
  • Jacob Lusk

11 17.19%
  • Haley Reinhart

20 31.25%
  • Casey Abrams

24 37.50%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Randy Jackson

4 6.25%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Steven Tyler

15 23.44%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Jennifer Lopez

24 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

vCash
    I'm proud of James. James' performance quality is simply outstanding.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Absolutely no idea who will be sent home tomorrow.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Dear Jennifer,

Just because the song is called Heavy Metal does not mean that it is actually heavy metal.
    Dude, it's by SAMMY HAGAR. The guy who killed Van Halen? That guy. Yeah. Not metal.

Now, when he did Judas Priest? THAT was metal.
    Well, even when James said he wanted to stick with metal, I was expecting something totally different than Heavy Metal.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    None of the contestents are listening to the mentors.
    i wouldnt ask jimmy iovine for directions to the closest gas station at this point

the ones that dont have as much experience and need molding arent getting it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I have to say, when I think about movie soundtracks, the songs chosen tonight are really disappointing.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Lounge singers tonight
    1. Haley
    2. Jacob
    3. Paul
    4. Stefano

Tween club singer
    1. Lauren

Country bar singer
    1. Scotty

Coffee hour/jazz bar
    1. Casey

James - I don't know what venue tonight

If I was to vote, it would be
    Casey
    Scotty
    James

maybe Lauren

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Well, even when James said he wanted to stick with metal, I was expecting something totally different than Heavy Metal.
    I know. It's like Scotty picking a song with "country" in the title.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I know. It's like Scotty picking a song with "country" in the title.
    i like that he does that so i know it is time for my snack
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I have to say, when I think about movie soundtracks, the songs chosen tonight are really disappointing.
    And forgettable.

There's nobody tonite worth voting for. I dont see how next week will get better unless they dig deeper into the songchest. Mhew.

vCash
    Would have been interesting if Scotty had done "The Climb" and Jacob had sung Sammy.

vCash
    Another girl thrown under the bus. I wasn't fond of that song choice for Haley but if you're going to talk about kareoke, then you have to mention Stephano & Scotty for sure. Haley was much less kareoke than either of them. And she looked like a million dollars.

I thought Paul & Casey were awful, neither has a very good voice. Paul was off key & Casey was flat much of the time but again, nothing but gushing from the judges. And if JLo is going to criticise Pia for just standing there & belting out a power ballad, how about mentioning the same to Jacob? I hated Lauren's song & it started out a little shaky but the middle & end were good. I thought James was really good.

BTW, Nigel said that Pia was never a frontrunner. If that's true, then why did she get a recording deal? The producers are such liars as well as smarmy human beings. Did you hear about the girl who was moved off the front row because she was too big? And she wasn't that overweight IMO. She looked like a size 14 or 16.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I saw her on GMA this morning. Her friends say it didn't happen like she's describing the event. Lots of Idol contestents get recording contracts. I'd say most of the top 10 get a shot. Unfortunately, most of them also get dropped within a year. I've always suspected the bottom 3 only actually include 1 contestent who was actually B3 in votes and that's the one who goes home. So, it's very likely Pia has never been the top vote getter and has always been close to the bottom. We'll see how well she does with her career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I saw her on GMA this morning. Her friends say it didn't happen like she's describing the event. Lots of Idol contestents get recording contracts. I'd say most of the top 10 get a shot. Unfortunately, most of them also get dropped within a year. I've always suspected the bottom 3 only actually include 1 contestent who was actually B3 in votes and that's the one who goes home. So, it's very likely Pia has never been the top vote getter and has always been close to the bottom. We'll see how well she does with her career.
    Pia is the 1st one who was actually signed during the season & allowed to put out a CD before the winner. And I can't remember another #9 Idol who got a recording contract.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hopefully, she'll sell more albums than she got votes.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Pia's getting a contract because everyone is making a big fuss over her. I doubt it'll get released during the season. I also read that Iovine wants her to do ballads. People didn't vote for her when she did ballads. Who does he think will buy the album?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Pia's getting a contract because everyone is making a big fuss over her. I doubt it'll get released during the season. I also read that Iovine wants her to do ballads. People didn't vote for her when she did ballads. Who does he think will buy the album?
    Correction- Pia DID get votes when she sang ballads. She (at least as Idol would lead us to believe) did not get as many votes when she did "River Deep Mountain High", not a ballad. Jordin Sparks has had a few hits already. I see no reason why Pia couldn't also have hits, whether she sings ballads, dance music, or country on her cd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Clay's version was "regular" for me, closer to the original. Jacob's version is more R&B and gospel.
    I haven't heard Jacob's version, but I remember Clay's version being quite gospel, complete with gospel choir.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    BTW, Nigel said that Pia was never a frontrunner. If that's true, then why did she get a recording deal? The producers are such liars as well as smarmy human beings.
    I actually believe him this time. I don't remember Pia being the leader on DialIdol or any online poll. I don't think her fans are the type who power vote hundreds of times. You can be the most popular among viewers and still get the least number of total votes. And she persisted in singing ballads and was splitting votes with other ballad singers. But, that may be fine with Iovine because, according to TMZ he intends to make an album full of ballads with her.

vCash
    I didn't vote for Pia because I just assumed she was getting most of the votes. I usually don't vote at all until toward the end of the season if I'm so moved. I wish I had voted for Pia...probably like many others. I thought she was going to be like Carrie Underwood. Has the whole package. People may not have voted because they thought votes would be piling in for her.

I am no longer watching the show this season because the singers that are left are just wierd and strange to me with the exception of maybe James. I'm also tired of the southern singers staying longer than they should due to voting blocks. To me the only reason Paul is still in must be because of vote for the worst.com. His awful voice makes Bob Dylan sound like an opera singer. Steven can only tell everyone their singing is "beautiful man". Jennifer just gushes and Randy too. Nobody is keeping it real on the show, so I've tuned out from what initially looked like a great season on AI.

vCash
    I feel like the the judges/producers didn't put through the right people this season. And we're left with somewhat talented but forgettable contestants. There's just something missing this season. Maybe its Simon....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I feel like the the judges/producers didn't put through the right people this season. And we're left with somewhat talented but forgettable contestants. There's just something missing this season. Maybe its Simon....
    Who should have gone through instead? I think the right ones are here..

There have been better weeks on Idol, bit I still think there were some pretty solid performances out there tonight.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast