View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stefano Langone

4 6.25%
  • Scott McCreery

29 45.31%
  • Pia Toscano

18 28.13%
  • Paul McDonald

10 15.63%
  • Lauren Alaina

10 15.63%
  • James Durbin

42 65.63%
  • Jacob Lusk

11 17.19%
  • Haley Reinhart

20 31.25%
  • Casey Abrams

24 37.50%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Randy Jackson

4 6.25%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Steven Tyler

15 23.44%
  • BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Jennifer Lopez

24 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    I didn't expect Pia to win, but I thought others would go before her. I always found my mind wandering when she performed -- why is she wearing that awful onsie? will this be over soon?

I am sad for her.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Pia is gone....
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I thought all the winners were from Birmingham, AL.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    How do you know where the votes come from? And even if it's true, the region also supports the idols in other ways. For example when the top 3 go home the turnout in the south is much bigger than the north, midwest, or west coast.
    I didn't say I knew where the votes came from. I was referring to the fact that the contestants who get the most votes come from pretty much the same region. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that for most winners, a large percentage of their support comes from in and around their hometown. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, so there's no need to be defensive. I do need to correct my comment about Kansas City though. I had forgotten Lee was from the Chicago area.

vCash
    There were tale tell signs. Even our or should I say Peter G's poll, she's gotten her lowest vote this week so far . Not happy but not too sad to see her go. Did I see Haley smiling when Pia was eliminated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I didn't say I knew where the votes came from. I was referring to the fact that the contestants who get the most votes come from pretty much the same region. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that for most winners, a large percentage of their support comes from in and around their hometown. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, so there's no need to be defensive. I do need to correct my comment about Kansas City though. I had forgotten Lee was from the Chicago area.
    I wasn't being defensive, I was asking a question. I thought from what you said you knew the votes by region & I was asking where you got that info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I wasn't being defensive, I was asking a question. I thought from what you said you knew the votes by region & I was asking where you got that info.
    We both misunderstood. No problem. I still think it's a very interesting trend how much more support the show seems to be down south compared to the rest of the country.

vCash
    It's official, the last 3 seasons have been a complete joke and this cements it, officially done with this show forever. this is the last straw and I have no problem with not watching it anymore...
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Allison! So glad I got to see her open for Adam. Might have been my only chance. I still love her album, it was honestly one of the best debut albums from an Idol alumni.
    ITA. She's great and her album was really good considering all the contraints placed on her. But, based on what's going on at Jive, it's just as well she's out of there. I hope she ends up at a good lable that appreciates the rocker in her. The Allison/Adam/Kris season was my favorite Idol season. This seaosn may have a good overall level of talent, but I don't think there are any real overall standouts.

ETA: I think DialIdol has data by region, but I'm not sure how useful it is these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JILEN View Post
    There were tale tell signs. Even our or should I say Peter G's poll, she's gotten her lowest vote this week so far . Not happy but not too sad to see her go. Did I see Haley smiling when Pia was eliminated?
    I don't think Haley was smiling because Pia was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    It's official, the last 3 seasons have been a complete joke and this cements it, officially done with this show forever. this is the last straw and I have no problem with not watching it anymore...
    Did you vote for her? I was shocked when Daughtry & Allison were eliminated, but I hadn't voted so I couldn't really complain.

There are others who I thought would go before Pia but I never thought she was any less boring than Thia. And I thought Thia actually had more potential to be fixable than Pia. So I guess I'm not shocked at all.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Dearest Pia,

I have two words for you. Jennifer. Hudson.

Plus keep in mind about how many people would have predicted that this chick would go on to sell 200 million albums

See you at the Grammys (and maybe the Oscars?),

PeterG
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    It's absolutely ridiculous that Pia is gone but Paul is still in the competition.

Really wish the judges hadn't used their save already...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    By the way. The Grammy's have greatly reduced their categories starting next year. Most vocal categories will no longer have male and female separations but will just be one category such as Pop Vocal. They are also eliminating most collaboration categories. I like the elimination of the collaboration categories but I do admit I was looking forward to Kelly getting that one with Jason Aldean next year. Oh well!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I missed the results show tonight, so to come home and fine Stefano and Jacob, along with Pia in the B3, I was certain that she would be safe, but SHE gets the boot over Jacob, who inexplicably managed to stay out of the B3 until tonight?!

And Stefano? Who is apparently the cockroach of this season's AI - possibly replacing Sanjaya for that title.

W. T. F.

Pia wasn't my favorite, but no fcuking way should she have gone before Stefano, Paul, Jacob, Haley, or Casey.

A lot of people on TWoP are railing on the judges for expressing their outrage and hurting poor poor wittle Stefano's feelings. I say, who gives a flying shit? The guy is weak and knows it.

I also blame the damn judges for using the save too early on the stupid beard with bass (SBWB) who deserved to go last week. Then again, that's what they get for blowing sunshine up all the contestant's arses week after week instead of telling it like it is/was. Simon was a dick a lot of the time, but his criticisms were usually on point, and for that, I miss his input.

Will I continue to watch? Yes. For James and Scotty - I have a feeling those will be the F2 since AI has now turned into Popular-Good-Looking-Guy-Idol instead of a singing competition. If a guy doesn't go next week, I'd say this show may see it's last legs. Adding online voting as well as Facebook voting is skewing away from talent and putting the emphasis more on looks and personality (even more than it did in the past).

Meh.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Well. That's interesting. I guess voters didn't vote for boring.
    Voters don't seem to vote for anyone without a penis these days.

Sigh. What can you do? There has a been a clear marked shift in the voting demographics of this show.

It's no longer about finding a superstar. It's about finding an amiable "musician" (white, male preferenced) who can sell 50,000 albums and tour college campuses and nightclubs for a year or two, and then fade into obscurity.

Over it.

vCash
    I discussed AI with my hairdresser's receptionist a week or two ago. She is about 18 or 19. She told me all her friends were voting for Scotty, Paul, & Casey because they are "cute". I personally don't think any of them are cute & I wouldn't have thought teenaged girls would find Scotty for one attractive at all. I think he is extremely dorky looking. But teenaged girls are probably the most likely group to power vote for hours & I guess that's what they like.

I've voted a little this season but only for females. BTW I figured out why I like Haley so much. She looks like my niece, only my niece has dark hair.

vCash
    also, i don't buy this whole "boring" excuse. i mean you couldn't get any more boring than gokey and any more fierce than allison and look what happened. and don't even try to tell me that lee dewyze was not the king of boring. i'll even throw in kris allen, and i bought his album! in addition, singers like latoya, syesha, carrie, etc. who were deemed boring still made it further than pia did.

it's just a lame excuse to deflect from the fact that due to recent voting demographics, to be a girl, you have to be heads and shoulders above the competition, whereas guys just need to be "quirky" and "cute" and still get get by with subpar vocals.

for a girl, you can't JUST be a pia (strong vocals) or a naima (interesting, unique, etc.) you have to be both. for a cute guy it's much easier. paul is claimed to be "interesting" and "unique" but his vocals suck, and stefano has solid vocals but he's boring. guess what? they're both still in it.

in addition, it's not just the male and female demos of the show changing. it's also that the viewers who prefer big, giant voices (kelly, tamyra, clay, fantasia, carrie, melinda, latoya, jennifer, etc.) have diminished while those who prefer "musicians" and "artists" that have limited vocals (castro, brooke, kris, lee, casey, crystal, paul, casey, etc.) are clearly dominating.

vCash
    Crystal did/does not have limited vocals. I personally didnt' think Casey James did either. The others yes.

vCash
    i'll give you crystal, but casey's vocals were weak, weak, weak. he had an annoying vibrato and couldn't hold on to his notes very long.

but i mean, i think my main point still stands.

vCash
    I personally would like to punch america for voting for stefano! LOL!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast