Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Swan

vCash

Black Swan

Anyone else looking forward to Black Swan with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    *raises hand*
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I´m looking forward to watching it because Natalie Portman and (even if I think he has great ideas, good presentation but no so great final execution) Darren Aronofsky, whose movies are always, at least, interesting. I just hope its truly a psychological thriller and doesn´t move to mind-terror cheap shocking fest.

vCash
    Interesting trailer... I haven't heard about the movie before. I really enjoy Portman's acting skills. But I am so not going to watch that. I am a wimp and proud of it.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to it. I really like Natalie Portman although not so much Mila Kunis....whenever I see her all I can think of is Meg Griffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    But I am so not going to watch that. I am a wimp and proud of it.
    It's not a horror movie, is it? I thought it was a ballet themed movie like 'The Turning Point'. Portman is supposedly quite good in the film, but isn't she too short to be believable as prima ballerina?

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing it.

vCash
    Definitely want to see this. I've always liked both Portman and Kunis.

vCash
    Anyone else got a The Fly déjà vu from the last scene?

I have only ever watch the trailer for the movie and it was enough for me.

vCash
    Another wimp here. Everything I've heard about it makes it sound so creepy and terrifying. I can't take it. I wish I could, if only for the dance aspects, but I just can't.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Why do I feel like this other girl will be made up in her head? lol

vCash
    Apparently Mila Kunis's character is, in fact, real

Only said because so many are dismissing the movie based on that obvious assumption, not necessarily here but elsewhere as well.

If Portman is too short to believably play a ballerina, what about Kunis? Isn't she even smaller? They have to be two of the smallest actresses in Hollywood.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to it and hope it's good. I love ballet and love a good psychological thriller so I hope this doesn't disappoint. My girl crush on Natalie Portman doesn't hurt things either.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I can't wait to see this!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    If Portman is too short to believably play a ballerina, what about Kunis? Isn't she even smaller? They have to be two of the smallest actresses in Hollywood.
    I was about to mention that, they're both probably around 5'2 and very small women so neither is overly believable but it's better than if they were vastly different heights.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There are plenty of 5'2" ballerinas. Even at NYCB during some periods: Arlene Croce once wrote in a review that the company was having "an attack of the shorts". Allegra Kent is not tall, and Balanchine adored her, until she kept having children. Balanchine created role after role for Patricia McBride, who had a great partnership with Edward Villella and a two-year one with Baryshnikov. Gelsey Kirland was another of Baryshnikov's short partners. Short will get you paired with Angel Corella or Joaquin De Luz or Herman Cornejo and in Flanders, Aki Saïto, who is very short, has formed a wonderful partnership with Wim Vanlessen.

Madeleine Eastoe, a fantastic ballerina with The Australian Ballet, is in the movie "Mao's Last Dancer". I'm not sure she's even 5' tall, and she dominated the stage when I saw her dance a few years ago.

Natalie Portman doesn't move like a dancer, which is what makes her unbelievable to me.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    I'm just waiting for an ice dance team to show up with the garish makeup and then get docked by the judges for over-theatricality.

vCash
    Natalie and Mila are apparently both 5'3". Same as me :-P I thought they were shorter than that, actually.

In what ways does Natalie not move like a ballerina? Just for curiosity's sake, as I have no idea. I assume Mila doesn't either?

...Her?
    vCash
    Natalie and Mila are apparently both 5'3". Same as me :-P I thought they were shorter than that, actually.
    Are you getting that from IMDb? I've read where people have encountered Portman in person and found her to be a fair bit shorter than that.

Also, I say I'm 5'3, I'm really 5'2, but just barely.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In what ways does Natalie not move like a ballerina? Just for curiosity's sake, as I have no idea. I assume Mila doesn't either?
    It's a specific posture and grace that ballet dancers have in real life from years and years and years of pulling up and working turnout. They tend to look elongated, walking with the head high, with the head moving loosely on the neck. They also tend to walk with their feet turned out, like "ducks", although in my observation, that's mostly the women.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast