Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Vacant
    vCash
    Phahahaha. How could I forget that patchwork LP of Leistners from '88? I particularly cherish the giddy up moves coming out of the lutz corner and then the lasso whips out of the second triple sal. Would they count as transitions under CoP???

But nothing beats the undiluted vixen gyrations of MacArthur Park. See 3:10 mins on the Skate America video Mafke posted. x infinity.

On a sad note, the 1988 season in the K&C with Leistner was probably the last time the skating world got to see Ondrej Nepela. It always annoyed me that the UK commentators actually referred to that other guy with her in the K&C at 1989 Worlds as Nepela when he had died from AIDS related complications the month before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    patchwork LP of Leistners from '88? I particularly cherish the giddy up moves coming out of the lutz corner and then the lasso whips out of the second triple sal. Would they count as transitions under CoP???
    But nothing beats the undiluted vixen gyrations of MacArthur Park.
    You know, if they ever do historical gay icon polls, I'd vote for Claudia in a heartbeat. Just sayin'....
    Last edited by Mafke; 04-26-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I suspect a pan-German conspiracy to come up with choreography so awful it made Jutta Muller's choreography for Witt seem good in comparison.....

I actually have a lot of residual affection for her 88-89 lp (especially at 88 skate america where she beat Ito(!) and Yamaguchi(!) (overall not in the lp). Such a wrong-headed hot mess that it sort of won my heart. Here it is in all its glory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzW0q-mH5ZI
    What the hell was that music?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    What the hell was that music?
    I mentioned it two posts up. It's MacArthur Park

Prick Admin
    vCash
    WHeee! Claudia Leistner is a guilty pleasure. That lp with the lasso and sexy gyrations makes me PML every time.

I remember her doing an exhibition to "Flashdance" which was similarly
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    WHeee! Claudia Leistner is a guilty pleasure. That lp with the lasso and sexy gyrations makes me PML every time.

I remember her doing an exhibition to "Flashdance" which was similarly
    Orbitz posted it here.

1989 was my favorite Claudia season. I also loved her for her world-class wedgies - see 1988 Olympic LP for one of the best wedgies of all time.

vCash
    Well at least in the last 2 seasons, they got Claudia to at least perform a little more extroverted like in the Original Program at the 1989 Worlds even though there was so much posing and on the spot movements

vCash
    It is scary how close Claudia was to winning the 89 Worlds though. She lost 2nd place in the original program to Jill Trenary on a 5-4 split. Had one judge who dropped from a 5.8 for elements to 5.6 for presentation only dropped from 5.8 to 5.7, she would have beaten Trenary in the original program, and won overall if the long program placings stayed the same.

vCash
    I always had a soft spot for Claudia in my heart. Far from the best, but there was just something endearing about her - she was like a bouncy giraffe on ice at times.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456