vCash

Marilyn Meeker and Larry Pierce

Say,does anyone know of any surviving pics of those two when they skated Ice-Dance Together. Before Larry took on Diane in 1961.

vCash
    There's a few of them, I've seen my share of them and scanned some of the stuff but none of it is on my laptop. You'll find most photos in the old editions of Skating magazine if you wish to buy them on Ebay.

They were training in the Kansas region, so I'm pretty sure if there's any rare Regionals booklets still out there which I've never seen as of yet, you'll probably find em. I'm pretty sure the Kansas Star newspaper will have competition photos as well.

vCash
    Here's Meeker's Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Meeker

Since she and Larry Pierce won the junior dance title at 1959 US Nationals, then the senior silver medal at 1960 Nationals and placed 5th at the 1960 World Championships, there should be historical competition photos of them in existence. However, many such historical skating photos are not on the Internet.

vCash
    There are some photos of the two of them together in the Indelible-whatever coffee-table book that came out around the time of the RISE movie premiere. Not the regular Indelible Tracings book with the story but the all-photos companion volume, which has a slightly different title (can't remember now). Maybe someone can post the link.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Indelible Images, and yes, there are photos of them.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Review of the Indelible Images photo book: http://figureskating.about.com/od/me...ibleImages.htm

vCash
    I can't access the photos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I can't access the photos
    The photos you asked about are published in the Indelible Tracings book and are not viewable online. The book can be purchased online.

vCash
    There aren't any photos of them at all anywere on-line? What about Ice-Dance.com?

vCash
    None that we know about because these are old and historic photos from competitions in 1959-1960.