vCash

Article: Is Modern Skating Too Edgy For Quebec?

http://theconcordian.com/2011/03/29/...y-for-quebec/#

Not sure if I agree with the whole article but I thought it would be interesting to post here. I found this as a retweet, so thank you @passion4skating

I'm kind of sick of the beaching about "guys wearing sequin jumpsuits" in figure skating, as I don't see a lot of that anymore. Even if there was a lot of that, nothing wrong with it. There's room for all I think.

Your thoughts?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oakl0008 View Post
    I'm kind of sick of the beaching about "guys wearing sequin jumpsuits" in figure skating, as I don't see a lot of that anymore. Even if there was a lot of that, nothing wrong with it. There's room for all I think.
    But that's exactly his point. He's not bitching about it, he's saying that the sequined jumpsuit is the stereotype that a lot of people have of male figure skaters, which unfortunately is very often true. And he's also saying that competitive figure skating tends to force people into doing what's "acceptable" (my quote, not his), and what Le Patin Libre is trying to do is to show that skating can be a whole lot more without those restrictions.

And regarding the headline....IMHO the Quebec skaters are generally very innovative and are excellent performers. If anywhere in Canada is ready for skating that's "too edgy", it would be Quebec.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast