vCash

Benefit for East of Japan Earthquake Relief on April 9, Kobe, Japan: Daisuke, Shizuka

“Benefit for East of Japan Earthquake Relief, from Kobe which is the city rose from ashes”

Daisuke Takahashi will make a benefit with Shizuka, Takeshi, Yamato, Yuzuru and other Japanese skaters for the East of Japan earthquake relief.
    They hope to send support from Kobe, the West of Japan. Kobe was hit by an extraordinary earthquake 16 years ago and the city was completely broken then, but has risen from ashes already.

Proceeds from ticket sales and merchandise will go to the Red Cross Japan.

Official Information
    http://www.fskating.net/event/detail.php?product_id=5

Dates: April 9th, 2011 14PM
    After the performances, auction and donate will be had.

Place: Kobe Port Island sports center
    http://www.city.kobe.lg.jp/informati...cial_features/

Skaters: Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Satsuki Muramoto, Saya Ueno, Rin Nitaya, Shion Kokubun, Keiji Tanaka, Ayana Yasuhara, Yamato Tamura, Takeshi Honda, Shizuka Arakawa, Yukina Ohta

Message from Daisuke
    http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/
    http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/mes...3/post_45.html

Message from Yamato
    http://www.jsports.co.jp/blog/tv/ska...ivate/post-40/

Daisuke wrote:
    "
    He expresses sympathy for victims from all of his heart.
    It has been decided to make a benefit on April 9th in Kobe Port Island Sports Center.

Since March 11th, he has been discussing a lot with Kenji Miyamoto, Yamato Tamura, Takeshi Honda, Hyogo prefecture Skating Federation and a lot of people.
    They were wondering what would be good to support victims in East of Japan from Kobe.

Honestly he doubts to skate now as he watches the news every day.
    Victims by unprecedented disasters, people who have been working hard for rescue and relief, too hard to understand their pain…
    Wondering if what he can do as an athlete…

Although he is not in a position to say something, he would like to believe the power in sports will surely make hearts of people to one.
    He hopes to do their best with Honda, Tamura, Arakawa and Yuzuru who are from East of Japan and now in West of Japan together.
    They all figure skaters will do their best as one.
    Hopefully everyone comes to the arena and creates one thing with them together.

He appreciates to get mails which were written concern to make it before the World Championship.
    Of course, the competition is important. But he is glad if the benefit by skaters will become the light in the brilliant future.
    "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSS-vssJ-E8

vCash
    Well if there is pay per view, I would love to see this show and support them.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Thank you for posting this, Nonko. It was beautiful what Daisuke wrote. I started to cry again reading it. It will probably be a very emotional show.

I'm watching Japanese news every day and I really think it will mean a lot to the people in Tohoku. They seem so grateful for even the small things the volunteers do for them in the evacuation centers: haircuts, footbaths, play soccer with the kids etc. The Japanese are such a strong and resilient people who care about each other even though they've lost everything they own and often more than that.

The fact that they chose Kobe is so full of meaning. It might give them a glimmer of hope that there is a future even though all seems so dark now.

Do you know when it will be televised?

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    What a gentle, heartfelt message from Daisuke. He is a marvelous spokesperson. Thank you for posting this, NONKO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well if there is pay per view, I would love to see this show and support them.
    Tickets are not available on the internet, but only at Loppi in the convenience stores Lawson now.

Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    Thank you for posting this, Nonko. It was beautiful what Daisuke wrote. I started to cry again reading it. It will probably be a very emotional show.

I'm watching Japanese news every day and I really think it will mean a lot to the people in Tohoku. They seem so grateful for even the small things the volunteers do for them in the evacuation centers: haircuts, footbaths, play soccer with the kids etc. The Japanese are such a strong and resilient people who care about each other even though they've lost everything they own and often more than that.

The fact that they chose Kobe is so full of meaning. It might give them a glimmer of hope that there is a future even though all seems so dark now.

Do you know when it will be televised?
    My pleasure.
    Thanks a lot for your warm concern to Japanese.
    We have been doing our best these days. In East of Japan, people go up and look forward step by step. All of Japan supports them.

And we appreciate huge support from all over the world.
    Thank you very much!

Unfortunately it is not announced when it will be televised.
    Hopefully it will happen.

vCash
    http://www.fskating.net/event/detail.php?product_id=5

It seems like tickets were sold out
    A lot of people asked the way to donate, although they could not buy tickets, so organizers opened the bank account.
    All of money will go to Red Cross Japan.

I am not sure whether it is possible anyone send money to the account from out of Japan, but here is the information.

Bank: Minato bank (http://www.minatobk.co.jp/)
    Store: Suma New Town Shiten
    Account: Hutsu 1803527 Hyogo Skate Charity

And they write it on their website that they welcome donate better than presents or flowers for skaters in the arena.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Dai looks good! Nice jumps, light and clean.

More stuff here:
    http://community.livejournal.com/ont...g/1066267.html

vCash
    Thanks for the link

Here is my impression.

Cherry blossoms were full open in Kobe. I went to see skate there.
    They did not call it “Charity show”, but “Charity performance exhibitions”. Maybe they started sending message when they decided the name.
    No banners, no presents, no flowers, no advertisement, no programs, or no colorful lights in the arena.
    But the arena was full. It was filled with hot hearts of skaters and staff who wanted to send thoughts and power to victims, and warm hearts of crowd who supported them.
    Skaters were giving all their bodies and souls to their performances. They touched our hearts much better than any beautiful words.
    A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    We shared very emotional and unforgettable moments with everyone.
    Thanks billions for skaters, staff and all people who were involved in this project.
    Hopefully warm hearts will arrive in Tohoku from Kobe, going to the North with cherry blossoms.

Near the gate of the arena, there were things up for auction. Skates, zip-up jackets of Team Japan and everything were signed autographs by Daisuke and other skaters. I did not doubt all of fans loved them.

The exhibition started with silent prayers and ended with donation.

At the beginning, all of skaters appeared with white t-shirts on the rink. The t-shirts had a message,
    “ALL HEARTS AS ONE
    We Are Always With You”

Daisuke took a microphone,
    “All skaters discussed what we could do for victims rising from ashes as early as possible, and decided to make this exhibition. And it is essential your support who come here. We want to give courage, power, messages and hearts into our skates”.

The performances started from Yukina Ota.
    I have not seen her skate for a long time. After she retired from competitions, I sometimes watched her as a commentator on TV. Her skate was very soft, like she talked velvety.

Junior and novice skaters
    I thought they performed with full of their energy and hearts. It touched us better than any great medals or high technic. The performances of future champions are hope for tomorrow.

Yamato Tamura
    I was wondering how long he did not skate after he became a full-time coach. He came back on the ice for this charity. He jumped 3t beautifully 2 times. Looked gorgeous!

Takeshi Honda
    3T, 3S, 2A and long eagle and spins…he keeps him skate beautiful.
    His parents live in Fukushima and are safe. Great!
    He graduated from Tohoku High School in Sendai. When it had a baseball game after the earthquake, Takeshi went to cheer up his junior in the stadium.
    The more sympathetic he is, the more kindhearted he performs.

Yuzuru Hanyu
    He lives in Sendai and is a Tohoku High School student. When the earthquake happened, he was on the ice there, and lived in the temporary shelter for 4 days. He is one of victims by the disaster.
    As soon as he started skating his SP “White Legend”, there was a sudden flow of his feelings from his hearts. It was for the first time to see him skate live, but I was very touched and could not hold my tears. All of audience was very touched and was drawn into his world. Full standing ovation and very warm clapping wrapped him. His encore was from the part of FS “Paganini”.
    His home rink does not work in Sendai after the earthquake, but wish him a good luck and believe he can overcome this hard time!

Shizuka Arakawa
    She was from Sendai, too. A couple of days ago, she went to cheer victims up in the temporary shelter in her mother city. She looked like sharing the sadness with them, and staying by their side.
    She skated Ave Maria and Nessun Dorma with a pure white costume. She performed as much soulful in this exhibition as in the Torino Olympic. Very beautiful and emotional! Full standing ovation!

Daisuke Takahashi
    He drove all care away with his bright performances. He looked like the Sun of hope for everyone!
    He performed SP Mambo perfectly. His jumps did not have any difficulties. Encore was STSS from FP. Needless to say, full standing ovation!
    We did not worry him anything for the World Championship.
    Wish him fly a Japanese flag in Moscow! It will be our hope in a future.

In the closing, they performed with hand language like singing. The lyric was the same with their and our feelings. Great selection of music and choreograph by Kenji Miyamoto!

Wondering if…
    What I can do in a short time?
    How much I can tell my feelings to you?
    My heart has more feelings than any of words.

I had pain in my heart for a long time, but it has gone away.
    Now I can smile, because you cried with me and stayed by my side.

I am not alone.
    You support me, so I will be tough and will not fear anything.
    Time will go and take tears away from me.
    The Sunlight will bright warm and soft.

In the end, all skaters sincerely bowed to all audience.
    After the performances, they stood near the door with collection boxes. It took longer than 2 hours until all 2500 audience raised money. They did not show tiredness, but always smiled and said thank you. Fantastic job!

The donation was more than 12,720,000 Yen (about 150,000$) by auction and collection boxes. Proceeds from ticket sales will be added and all will go to Red Cross Japan. Of course mental support is important, but in the other hand huge money is necessary to rise from ashes.
    This exhibition was great to send both mental and financial support.
    Hopefully they will keep going it. We support them!
    Last edited by NONKO; 04-11-2011 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful report.
    I hope that this will eventually be televised.

vCash
    Thank you so much for your touching and heartfelt report.

vCash
    Thank you for all the reports.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Thank you for sharing all the information about the event, NONKO, the announcement, photos, articles, videos, and best of all, your own thoughts about the exhibitions.

vCash
    Thank you NONKO for your beautiful report. It's so heartfelt and touching I can't help shedding tears.

I'm also stunned so much by Shizuka's pure beauty. I feel the beauty shines from inside her, it shines from her heart, soul and spirit.
    I especially like this one.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/...2019000-p2.htm
    Last edited by galaxy; 04-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    My pleasure, everyone.

This site is for sending message from victims of Japan Earthquake.
    http://lettersfrom.jpn.com/

Thanks billions for huge support from all over the world.
    It has passed a month after the earthquake happened on March 11th, 2011.
    Japan will take a long way to re-build our lives and everything.
    We will be glad, if you continue to think of us and support us.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thank you NONKO for the lovely report - sounds like a very special evening.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett