Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    One must remember/understand how much taller Evan is than his competitors. A tall guy´s skating never looks the same as a short guy´s. And they move very differently on the ice. Besides, I think that also Evan is creative (refering to his performances in 2 improve Ice (sp?) -shows. Artistry is different, there is not just one kind. In my opinion Evan is artistic in his own way as some other guys are in their own way.
    Okay, but I still don't like his skating. It's just my opinion. I know he can't help how tall he is--and I think that's a big part of why I don't like think he looks all that great on the ice with his long arms and legs. But I also just think of him as the Tom Cruise of figure skating. Often he replaces "intensity" for real emotion. It's just how I see it, and it's not my taste. I like character-- Kurt Browning or Stephane Lambiel or Johnny Weir.

vCash
    To each their own. I fell for Evan's skating because his intensity and power reminded me of my favorite male skater of all time, Brian Boitano. Brian was also considered more of a technician than an artist, and like Evan, it took time for him to develop both.

And one fan's interpretation of emotion may be very different for another. Evan's intensity hits me the right way as a display of emotion, while some of the artistry that many love in other skaters (Oksana Bauil being my favorite example) comes across to me as histrionics and over-the-top mugging. Again, different people, different preferences.

Back to the interview, Chris, please keep us posted on my interviews like these. You really were able to get to Evan's "heart" and allowed him to reveal new sides to himself. I look forward to more of your interviews! Bravo!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Yazmeen, I'm with you!

Evan has developed a style and approach that works for him,
    I enjoy and admire his skating; as I do that of many people.
    May he enjoy a long and successful career, wherever life takes him.

Chris, thank you for the great questions.
    Evan, thanks for your candor.

vCash
    Great interview. Thanks for sharing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Okay, but I still don't like his skating. It's just my opinion. I know he can't help how tall he is--and I think that's a big part of why I don't like think he looks all that great on the ice with his long arms and legs. But I also just think of him as the Tom Cruise of figure skating. Often he replaces "intensity" for real emotion. It's just how I see it, and it's not my taste. I like character-- Kurt Browning or Stephane Lambiel or Johnny Weir.
    That's understsandable - like Yazmeen said, to each his own. I really like all of those guys you mentioned, but I think Evan brings something a bit different to the table that I also like.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Fabulous, thoughtful interview. I feel I know Evan better. I'm proud of him as the US champion.

vCash
    I feel like we've gotten every figure skating fan in the world to come to our page. Thank you all for your support.

In the past I've interview now Evan, Kristi Yamaguchi, Sasha Cohen and Scott Hamilton.

Every so often I'll make an effort to do another figure skating profile. Who would you like to see me speak to?

vCash
    Thanks for your continued support of http://www.cyinterview.com. You guys are amazing. Again, interview suggestions?

vCash
    I'd love to see on in the future with Alissa Czisny, especially how she worked to get over her head issues and make such a comeback.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Glad to see the thread bumped up.
    I'd love to hear so many people interviewed, i don't know where to start! Maybe with Orser- I'd love to hear where he is in life and his opinions on skating vs coaching without the edge of controversy. But really, any in- depth interview would be greatly appreciated.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Okay, but I still don't like his skating. It's just my opinion. I know he can't help how tall he is--and I think that's a big part of why I don't like think he looks all that great on the ice with his long arms and legs. But I also just think of him as the Tom Cruise of figure skating.
    Odd choice of comparison, considering that the conversation was about Evan being tall.

Great interview!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisYandek View Post
    Thanks for your continued support of http://www.cyinterview.com. You guys are amazing. Again, interview suggestions?
    I think Michelle Kwan might be interesting, considering she's moved on a bit and she's a recognizable name. Of course Johnny Weir is always interesting, particularly when the interviewer has something to ask about beyond sexuality, flamboyance, and the like.

vCash
    Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

PLEASE!! You'd be an amazing interviewer for them, and we need some more new interviews with them.

vCash
    Shawn Sawyer

Pleeeaaaase! <3

vCash
    Actually, I think you should consider interviewing Jeremy Abbott, the "other" male U.S. Olympian-- who referred to himself as "the red-headed stepchild of elite figure skating" on his Twitter account. Read his Twitter, and you'll see he's an interesting character--plus he's been in Evan and Johnny's shadows all these years, despite defeating them several times.

vCash
    Brian Boitano.
    I also second the request for an interview with Jeremy Abbott.

vCash
    I think Michelle Kwan might be interesting, considering she's moved on a bit and she's a recognizable name. Of course Johnny Weir is always interesting, particularly when the interviewer has something to ask about beyond sexuality, flamboyance, and the like.
    I would LOVE to see an interview with Johnny that talked strictly about his skating: no reality show, fashion, book, celebrity, just his skating, his thoughts about his past and future in skating. That would be very interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I would LOVE to see an interview with Johnny that talked strictly about his skating: no reality show, fashion, book, celebrity, just his skating, his thoughts about his past and future in skating. That would be very interesting.
    This one's not really about skating, but it's quite thoughtful:
    http://www.1101.com/johnnyweir/

Anyway, I think there are a lot of skaters out there who are thoughtful and intelligent. They might have interesting thoughts about the future of the sport.

vCash
    wow thanks for this wonderful interview!! I want to request the one for J Buttle and the kween!!

I really wonder how Jeffrey's doing these days. I miss him

vCash
    You're all very welcome once more. I'll keep my eye on possibilities for more figure skating stories soon. Thank you all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast