Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Evan Lysacek's Very Revealing Interview, Your Questions Answered

I know a lot of you guys wanted to know about Evan's future and what he wants to do. He gave a very long set of responses about where he is in his life and noted that he hasn't had time to figure out his professional and personal future.

We also got Dancing with the Stars and other questions answered. I would greatly appreciate you guys spreading the word on this. It was a honest and very open example of Evan telling the world where he is in his life personally and professionally. It is a beyond genuine interview.

You can read or listen to the entire interview below:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/04/o...ng-for-harlem/

vCash
    Thank you very much for this great interview, Chris!

Quadless
    vCash
    Wow - you certainly caught Evan in a very self-reflective mood, which made for quite an interesting read. Great job, and thanks for sharing.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Great interview! Terrific job, thanks for sharing!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    WOW, Chris, thanks so much for this great interview!!!

vCash
    Chris, this is a fascinating interview. I never realized that Evan was this reflective and self-analytic, especially in the final section. "It takes me a few days to sort of reconnect with the world after I've just disappeared to accomplish a goal." It's interesting to think that the same internal focus and ability to tune out the outside world in order to compete so successfully may have the unintended consequence of making him feel more detached than he would like to be.

vCash
    Evan really bared his soul in this interview. Great read. Thank you.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Wow, that actually was a really soul baring interview, wasn't expecting that at all

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Congrats, a very different and interesting interview!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Thank you all. I would greatly appreciate if some of you would take the time to check out http://www.cyinterview.com and consider bookmarking it. It's my kind of interview style and we cover things from all walks of life.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

I don't know of all the figure skating boards, online communities, Twitter or FB pages, so if you guys could spread the link to other places you visit would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    Great interview! Enjoyed so much reading it. And learned a lot about Evan.
    Thank you.

vCash
    Wonderful interview. Thanks so much for sharing.

vCash
    Wow! It's been said already, but I love how self-reflective Evan is in this interview. Thanks!!!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great interview! Thank you
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Thank you Chris!!

vCash
    You're all very welcome. It's worth listening to as well besides reading if you get the time.

vCash
    Hmm... I may end up liking this Evan Lysacek yet.

Great interview.

vCash
    Fascinating, thoughtful interview. Many thanks!!!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Evan is smarter than he gets credit for, and I think he comes across better in print than on video. I've read interviews where he almost (almost) expresses regret that he dedicated SO MUCH time to training, thereby becoming unable to focus on anything else--because of the comedown after the Olympics. But now he seems to be more energized about thinking about his future.

I'm not a fan of Evan's skating, even though it has become a bit less wooden recently. I like the more creative/artistic skaters. I'm also not a fan of a few things he has said over the years. However, I think he's basically a good guy. I hope he finds himself, the person, now that he's developed himself, the skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    I'm not a fan of Evan's skating, even though it has become a bit less wooden recently. I like the more creative/artistic skaters.
    One must remember/understand how much taller Evan is than his competitors. A tall guy´s skating never looks the same as a short guy´s. And they move very differently on the ice. Besides, I think that also Evan is creative (refering to his performances in 2 improve Ice (sp?) -shows. Artistry is different, there is not just one kind. In my opinion Evan is artistic in his own way as some other guys are in their own way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast