Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I saw about 20 minutes of Eat Pray Love, got nauseated and turned it off. I never disliked Julia Roberts but few characters are more annoying than hers in this movie.
    To be fair, the movie is based on a book and the character in the book is really annoying and obnoxious. What makes that really sad is that the book is not fiction and Julia's character is the book's author.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is Incendies the one about the kids (adults really, but someones kids) tracking down their mother or her origins and going to the middle East? The previews looked powerful.
    Yes. Cool that the previews are powerful. The movie stays with you. The movie is based on a play, and the story is well constructed.

vCash
    Recent movies I would suggest:

Win Win: Amy Ryan and Paul Giamatti are really great in this film
    Hanna: I found this film to be escapist fun at its best.
    The Arbor: I'm a sucker for unconventional documentaries.
    Children of Hiroshima: Really stunning documentary
    13 Assassins: Great Japanese action film
    Armadillo: A documentary about Danish soldiers in Afghanistan

Recently out on DVD:

Rabbit Hole: I HATE Nicole Kidman, but I loved this movie. Aaron Eckhart is my one big celebrity crush and Sandra Oh is also great here.

The Ghost Writer: I really love this movie, except for Kim Cattrall's accent, which may actually be her own.

Machete: Maybe not as recent, but for those of you into Grindhouse cinema, you'll love this. Beyond the exploitation factor, there is an amazing sense of rage against the establishment in this film that I found really, really interesting.

The Fighter: David O. Russell is one of my favorite directors and I love every single actor in this film. It's a great, great movie.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Recently out on DVD:

Rabbit Hole: I HATE Nicole Kidman, but I loved this movie. Aaron Eckhart is my one big celebrity crush and Sandra Oh is also great here.

The Ghost Writer: I really love this movie, except for Kim Cattrall's accent, which may actually be her own.
    ITA on both of these. I don't have any particular feeling for Kidman one way or the other, but she was amazing in this, well deserving of the nomination. But Eckhart should have been nominated for his performance too, he was just as impressive.

The Ghost Writer was suspense the way it should be done. And of course Ewan McGregor is worth watching in just about anything. Now I'm dying to read the book.

As for Incendies, I saw it at a film festival last year and it blew me away. I'm glad it's finally getting wider release.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123