Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post
    Cate Blanchett is too old to be Anna Karenina. I don't know if Keira is a right fit but I am sure Blanchett is not.
    I agree that age wise she is 10 years older than character but having seen her on stage in Hedda Gabler I don't see that as a problem. She has incredible skin and face and can pass as 30 year old easily. She has done it before. Besides Vivien Leigh was in her late 30s when she played Anna.
    That's larger than life part and Knightly looks too young for the part and does not have necessary screen presence to carry it.

vCash
    I can't see Keira as Anna at all.I do think Cate Blanchett is too old for the part,I can't think of anyone to play Anna though.I see McAvoy more as Levin than Vronsky....One actor I could see as somewhat as Vronsky would be Rupert Penry. I liked how he protrayed his character in Persuasion.

vCash
    Well, I definitely think Keira is strong enough to pull it off. She was excellent in Pride and Prejudice and in Atonement (as well as The Duchess and several other lesser films) and I think she pulled Lara off pretty damned well in the Dr. Zhivago miniseries. She is a bit young, though.

Mia Wasikowska has gotten plenty of very strong reviews (those were literally just the first ones I chose; I haven't actually seen a bad review of her) for her performance in Jane Eyre. I've seen you say in several threads that you've heard her performance is weak, but I don't believe you've actually seen the movie yet, IA. I think that may be a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

Mia Wasikowska has gotten plenty of very strong reviews (those were literally just the first ones I chose; I haven't actually seen a bad review of her) for her performance in Jane Eyre. I've seen you say in several threads that you've heard her performance is weak, but I don't believe you've actually seen the movie yet, IA. I think that may be a good idea.
    Well, I did see Jane Eyre two weeks ago and thought Mia Wasikowska was boring and meh in the role. She certainly hasn't gotten a good review from me and I've been telling all my movie-going friends that they can skip this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12