Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,546
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    41455
    I believe Ashley's brother, Austin, isn't skating competitively anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by xy3026rosa View Post
    Who have more photos of her?
    Ashley Wagner's official site at FSO hasn't added this season's photos yet but you check out both skating and personal photos up through last season: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a...ner/photos.htm

    For those who haven't heard, Phillip Mills has choreographed Wagner's new long program this season (he also did her "Somewhere in Time" SP a few seasons back).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-02-2011 at 07:52 PM.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7659
    Right, but he is enrolled in college there? I suppose he could transfer if she moves, but that's not always easy.

  3. #23
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,105
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33052
    Quote Originally Posted by xy3026rosa View Post
    I think Ashley Wagners is really beautiful~~~
    Who have more photos of her?^^
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU0MTk2MTQ0.html
    Thanks for the link--lovely skating by Ashley. I love how the Russian commentators generally know to shut up during a performance. I like Ashley's skating and hope she gets her groove back.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ashleys brother is still in high school but when he finishes next month he could always move in with his parents if they will allow it so she could train wherever she wanted.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love how gutsy and aggressive Ashley is and her general look on the ice is my favorite out of all of the US women right now. But in competition she just needs to relax and let it happen, instead of trying to force it to happen. She needs to trust her training and trust herself.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikai View Post
    Ashleys brother is still in high school but when he finishes next month he could always move in with his parents if they will allow it so she could train wherever she wanted.
    Or, of course, he could consider going to college and moving into a dorm. That would probably be the easiest solution for all involved.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ashley came to Hill with a flutz and two footing issues. Hill is an amazing technician, but its hard to wrangle someone who doesn't want to be wrangled in the first place. An 8 year old Flutz is hard enough to fix, then add New found freedom, a little jing $ and an age of rebellion. Not an easy pupil to deal with. BUT, i'm sure now that the out come of that phase has been felt by Wagner, she will be more likely to get back to her rocking self and ready to show off her beautiful new long, and a lutz and some triple-triples. Hill has the technical goods, but it takes two to tango.

    Remember," you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7659
    Who was her choreographer?

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beijing,China
    Posts
    92
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I believe Ashley's brother, Austin, isn't skating competitively anymore.


    Ashley Wagner's official site at FSO hasn't added this season's photos yet but you check out both skating and personal photos up through last season: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a...ner/photos.htm

    For those who haven't heard, Phillip Mills has choreographed Wagner's new long program this season (he also did her "Somewhere in Time" SP a few seasons back).
    I am sad that I can't open this website.
    You know ,finding more photos or viedos about Ashley are difficult in Chinese websites... Only a few....

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Who was her choreographer?
    When I googled "Ashley Wagner Choreographer," google informed me that the "best guess" is Irina Romanova-which is what I thought in the first place.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wagner's next move?

    To evaluate her coaching/training situation and see if it is still working for her.

    At this rate, she is going to be passed by rather quickly by the up-and-comers and will no longer be a contender. If she hadn't blown the SP I thought she had a really good shot at this year's world team. Next year won't be so simple, though...perhaps unless Czisny and Flatt both retire, AND we get back the 3rd spot.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Wagner's next move?

    To evaluate her coaching/training situation and see if it is still working for her.

    At this rate, she is going to be passed by rather quickly by the up-and-comers and will no longer be a contender. If she hadn't blown the SP I thought she had a really good shot at this year's world team. Next year won't be so simple, though...perhaps unless Czisny and Flatt both retire, AND we get back the 3rd spot.
    Going to be? She not only missed the podium at Nationals, but finished behind Gao and Zawadzki. At this point she's already playing catch up.

    I think injuries played a big part in her lackluster season, but I do think the one thing that really has to change is the same problem she's had for the past four seasons: STOP TWO-FOOTING. I don't know if she needs a total coaching change, but maybe a specialist, or maybe she herself has to just really buckle down and figure out ways in training to break that habit.

    ETA: Sometimes it doesn't even seem like Ashley is aware of her two-foots because she'll go out and two-foot three or four jumps, but celebrate as though she landed everything cleanly and then tell the media she gave the performance of her life.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    Going to be? She not only missed the podium at Nationals, but finished behind Gao and Zawadzki. At this point she's already playing catch up.

    I think injuries played a big part in her lackluster season, but I do think the one thing that really has to change is the same problem she's had for the past four seasons: STOP TWO-FOOTING. I don't know if she needs a total coaching change, but maybe a specialist, or maybe she herself has to just really buckle down and figure out ways in training to break that habit.

    ETA: Sometimes it doesn't even seem like Ashley is aware of her two-foots because she'll go out and two-foot three or four jumps, but celebrate as though she landed everything cleanly and then tell the media she gave the performance of her life.
    I agree with this. And Vanessa Lam came very close to beating her at nationals too, and she is really a no-name having come in 8th in junior at last year's nationals.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Going to be? She not only missed the podium at Nationals, but finished behind Gao and Zawadzki. At this point she's already playing catch up.
    This season I think Wagner had a down year. If she was at her best I think she would have been competitive with mentioned ladies. But as those ladies get better, it's going to be harder for Wagner, even at her best, to compete with them if she doesn't improve markedly.
    Last edited by RD; 04-04-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •