vCash

Anyone watch Undercover Boss?

I watched for the first time last night because my fitness center was featured, anyone else watch?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is that the program where at the end of each episode, multi-millionaire company presidents give their minimum wage workers $1,000 gift certificates and the workers weep for joy of the generosity from that CEO? (That is if the worker isn't fired for having "attitude"?)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Yes, that's the show. Although sometimes, they really do get a lot more than that. It just depends on which episodes you have seen, because its different every time. I've seen people get checks for thousands of dollars, college tuition paid for, $$ to buy cars because they didn't have one to get to work, medical expenses paid for, I'm pretty sure one lady even got a house (or the money to outright buy a house, can't remember now). Sometimes the gifts are kind of cheesy though, so again it just depends on which episodes you have seen.

I used to watch it consistently, but it was off for so long I kept forgetting to check back for new episodes. Judiz: What happened with girl in the commercials that was talking about hating the customers? It looked like the boss really came down hard on her?

Sometimes I wonder that this show has been on long enough now that the people don't figure out its Undercover Boss when they are filming, even if they tell them its for some other show. Well, maybe the ones who get in trouble don't figure it out I guess. But still, they know they are being filmed, why do they act like that! The last new episode I saw was Boston Market Chicken one where the Undercover Boss lady fired a guy right on the spot. I kind of feel bad for those people because its right there on TV (and probably plastered all over the internet) when they get fired, which has happened several times.

Actually, I feel for anyone who can manage working in customer service roles because it sure takes a strong person to do so! My first jobs were as a cashier, and it only took me about 3 years of doing that to send me running back to school to learn to do something else. I knew I could never last in customer service or working in stores without eventually exploding at someone. I admire anyone who can do it!
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 04-28-2013 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Judiz: What happened with girl in the commercials that was talking about hating the customers? It looked like the boss really came down hard on her?

She was fired, I belong to that RetroFitness but I cannot remember ever seeing that girl behind the counter, but I honestly don't pay attention to whoever is behind the counter unless I have a problem checking in.

vCash
    There is going to be an episode called undercover boss:epic employees and that girl will be on it. See if she got another job where she doesn't hate all the customers and thinks they're stupid! Probably that guy too who wanted to punch the customers and hated all the kids! Lol.

Sometimes te ruses are pretty clever! Like getting Johnny mosely to pretend he's the host of show involving skiing to give a reason why here are going to be people around with cameras. They have such elaborate hoaxes involving fake hosts of fake tv shows that most people are fooled. Except when people have actually seen the ceo. But if they work for a big company most people do not see the CEOs ever.

Lol at 1,000 gift certificates! More like thousands of dollars in cash sometimes! or promotions involving more money per year or money for education. Money for education is kids for kids is the most popular and always works for big reactions.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-28-2013 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Reading the Undercover Boss facebook page and someone posted where the girl wound up after being fired from Retro, if anyone needs to know, PM me.

vCash
    ...Why not just say it here if it's been posted on Facebook?...

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I watch it, but usually on dvr and I skip around with companies that look more interesting to me. The Johnny Mosely episode was good.

vCash
    I watch it regularly.
    The "rewards" given, can really differ, depending on the executive.
    It's interesting how often the experience causes the CEO's to re-assess their priorities.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I've only seen a couple episodes...it's less scary than Restaurant Stakesout, where they install hidden cameras. On that show it's astonishing how FEW people get fired compared to how many deserve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    ...Why not just say it here if it's been posted on Facebook?...
    Because not everyone here is on facebook and I didn't want to ruin it for them if they rather not know right now.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I've watched it a few times, and it always annoys me how the boss just happens to work with 'random' people who each have some remarkable personal story or dire need. But once I get over any illusion that this is "reality", I enjoy seeing the different jobs in the company and what's involved for each job. It often gives me a new respect for jobs I might otherwise take for granted. And it's always nice to see deserving people get some sort of reward, even if it's clearly orchestrated for tv.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Loved the one where the Wrigley Field CEO had to literally hose down the bathrooms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Because not everyone here is on facebook and I didn't want to ruin it for them if they rather not know right now.
    That's what spoiler tags are for. [ spoiler ] followed by [ /spoiler ] with no spaces.

vCash
    [QUOTE=michiruwater;3912918]That's what spoiler tags are for. [ spoiler ] followed by [ /spoiler ] with no spaces.[/QUOTE
    No matter how many times I try, I cannot do the spoiler tags so I just tell everyone tp PM me.