Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash

So sad that they are retiring, but so thrilled I got to see their last competitive performance at Euros and the medal win.

Would have been lovely to see them at Euros next year which is being hosted by GB who John and Sinead have represented so well for so many years (I kinda think that such a deal is made of the Scottish, English thing - the home competition to me refers to GB hosting, not England - It's GB that our atheletes compete for in most sports (not all)...).

All the best to them both on their future endeavours!

vCash
    First Shawn, and now the Kerrs! They will be missed! Best of luck to Sinead and John! <3

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I am not proficient in Ice Dance, and I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of the sport. I respect it tremendously-I am just not as informed as most of you.

But I will say that the Kerrs have always held my interest and admiration. Yes, he is a pretty thing, and they are an attractive couple. But it's not that-it's their combination of athleticism and artistry-very unique artistry-that always capture my attention.

I wish them all the best. Thank you, John and Sinead, for all the beautiful and breathtaking moments. You might not have won World's, but you certainly fulfilled my expectations for excellence and beauty. I hope you'll continue skating in shows so we can still see you or videos of you!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ros01 View Post
    Best of luck to them. I wonder if this means they will leave Princeton and go home to Scotland? I'm sure they'll be very popular at shows.
    I think that they left Princeton last yr and have been training in Mt . Laurel, NJ.

vCash
    I'm sad. I've enjoyed their skating so much. They got me into ice dance and I was lucky enough to meet them at Worlds in LA. Two more wonderful people in the skating world can't be found!

vCash
    They will certainly be missed. They have done some of the best and most interesting programmes in ice dance for many years now.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    You are correct, Kwanette. The Kerrs trained with Platov at my rink in Mount Laurel, NJ. Everyone loves them at the rink for their friendliness and good humor (and for us hetero women, John for his dashing good looks)

I know both John and Sinead are dating skaters who train at the rink and live nearby. I don't know how this will affect their future decisions. I would love to see them both become coaches at the rink in between touring, etc. I have first dibs on a dance lesson with John

vCash
    I'm so sad, I really wish they could stay for Sheffield..
    CaroFan™

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    They are Scottish, I think, since they did that Scottish OD awhile back. I will miss them but I'm not surprised to hear of the retirement, because of the injury. I guess John wouldn't consider continuing with a new partner, lol.
    Yes and they are also BRITISH representing BRITAIN (sorry personal dislike of devolution but won't get started on that).

Gutted to hear they won't be skating in Sheffield - they always said they would love the chance to skate at home. But considering they were only ever planning to continue to 2010 I guess its another year before they can move on with their lives - whatever that involves.

vCash
    I really don't think they don't care because they're scottish, it's no sense anyway. Probably they don't stay for the same reasons Stephane didn't stay for Bern 2011.
    CaroFan™

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'm sorry to hear it. Their programs have been among my very favorites the last several seasons. Best of luck to them as they move on in their lives.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    First Shawn, and now the Kerrs! They will be missed! Best of luck to Sinead and John! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I am not proficient in Ice Dance, and I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of the sport. I respect it tremendously-I am just not as informed as most of you.

But I will say that the Kerrs have always held my interest and admiration. Yes, he is a pretty thing, and they are an attractive couple. But it's not that-it's their combination of athleticism and artistry-very unique artistry-that always capture my attention.

I wish them all the best. Thank you, John and Sinead, for all the beautiful and breathtaking moments. You might not have won World's, but you certainly fulfilled my expectations for excellence and beauty. I hope you'll continue skating in shows so we can still see you or videos of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    They will certainly be missed. They have done some of the best and most interesting programmes in ice dance for many years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by suki View Post
    You are correct, Kwanette. The Kerrs trained with Platov at my rink in Mount Laurel, NJ. Everyone loves them at the rink for their friendliness and good humor (and for us hetero women, John for his dashing good looks)

I know both John and Sinead are dating skaters who train at the rink and live nearby. I don't know how this will affect their future decisions. I would love to see them both become coaches at the rink in between touring, etc. I have first dibs on a dance lesson with John
    They are lovely people. We got to meet them at Mike Weiss' Foundation show in 2009. I will miss them for all of the reasons mentioned above. I do hope they get to perform in lots of shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    I really don't think they don't care because they're scottish, it's no sense anyway. Probably they don't stay for the same reasons Stephane didn't stay for Bern 2011.
    They have knowledge that the rink is freezing?

Good luck to the Kerrs. Too bad they had to end their careers with an injury instead of at worlds but they had an excellent last competition.

vCash
    ...so it's real?

Wow this is so sad (((((John))))

vCash
    Will miss them much. I'm so fortunate because I saw them live at least three times! (And John touched my elbow in the audience, whee!)

vCash
    You have to admit, they did put Scotland on the map.

vCash
    So, it's for real ?
    That's weird since they were supposed to skate at Worlds. I like them a lot, especially their FD this season

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    You have to admit, they did put Scotland on the map.
    Well they certainly put GB back on the skating map and yes I know what you mean in terms of Scotland and skating.

Unfortunately I know many Scottish people who have never heard of them - the sad reality of skating in GB is that it doesn't matter if the person you speak to hails from Eng, Scot, Wales or NI, the vast majority of people have never heard of ANY of our competitive skaters. Skating might as well have stopped happening when T&D hung up their skates

Really hope the Kerrs get some good touring opportunities and hopefully they will get to perform here in GB too (I personally hope not just in Scotland)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Skating might as well have stopped happening when T&D hung up their skates
    Yeah, Torvill & Dean unintentionally killed off skating in the UK. I mean, how could anybody follow them?

Sinead and John did an awful lot to raise the profile of skating in the UK again and really should be proud of their career.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yeah, Torvill & Dean unintentionally killed off skating in the UK. I mean, how could anybody follow them?
    I wasn't watching when they were competing. Think I'm missing the GB/skating fan T&D adoration gene. I mean they're nice to watch and all, but much has come since that has been great too.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Sinead and John did an awful lot to raise the profile of skating in the UK again and really should be proud of their career.
    ITA very glad that they got recognition through medals as well as their fan base as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast