Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    So you are not accusing the mother of being evil, rather malicious and entitled. Thanks for clarifying.
    We can all be entitled once in awhile Ice Alisa. There have been times in my life when I've been entitled/selfish. Just because we have an attitude at one point that's not right, and especially if the attitude is at a time of severe stress. It doesn't make us an evil person.

The point of the matter is etiquette wise you don't publically out someone because they refuse to do a favor for you. Period.

Your the one making it how dare us criticize the mom for her behavior. Well you know what the mom's behavior deserves to be criticized. If the mom wants to criticize my posts, she's fine to do that too. Now do I think the mom is the worst person in the world because she made a mistake. No, not at all. I think the mom was entitled in one specific instance.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Your the one making it how dare us criticize the mom for her behavior.
    Please stop putting words in my mouth. You need to read more carefully.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think your putting words in my mouth too. I never ever said the mother was evil. Where did I say that? And frankly while you may not have said how dare you guys criticize the mother's behavior, that's frankly how you are coming across to me.

Looking back maybe I should cut the mother a bit of slack. Maybe she didn't mean for this to become a public scandal. Fine I'll give her that slack. But I'm still perfectly entitled to think that her whole thank you for being disgusted was uncalled for. Because that was.
    Last edited by bek; 04-03-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think your putting words in my mouth too. I never ever said the mother was evil. Where did I say that?
    Right, you said she is malicious and entitled which I acknowledged. The difference is tremendous.
    And frankly while you may not have said how dare you guys criticize the mother's behavior, that's frankly how you are coming across to me.
    Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. And it's "you're", not "your" in this case, btw.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Right, you said she is malicious and entitled which I acknowledged. The difference is tremendous.
    Quote:
    I said when she thanked people for being disgusted her intention came accross as malicious. And I think its fair to feel that way because once again, I'm glad someones getting huge public backlash because they refused to do me a favor?

This being said once again. I know at times I myself have had attitudes that could be considered wrong and even malicious. We all have done this at times, nobody is perfect. The mom IS going through severe stress, and your right she may not have originally intended for this to come out in public.

Saying that some is wrong in one area, doesn't mean you think the person is evil. We all can at times have attitudes/ideas that aren't right. And I suspect the mother herself realizes how she came accross in that post, given that she know claims she harbors the Barefooted Contessa no ill will.

Just because I think someone had an attitude that wasn't right or correct, doesn't mean I think they are a person with no redeeming qualities. Nobody has perfect attitudes at every moment in their life. I know I don't.

vCash
    How many 6 year olds are into Ina Garten?
    Every request likes to think it's unique. How many 8 year olds are into Ina Garten? How many people paralysed by stroke? How many teenagers with life threatening illnesses? There's no way we can know. And so what if it was? Only unique wishes get looked at? This child is no more or less unique than any of the other requests (since the individuals request them and every situation is different) and no more or less entitled to get his wish granted. There was a scheduling conflict, regardless of the person requesting the charity it wasn't able to happen. The celebrity shouldn't even need to give a reason. How would you like to have to justify not giving charity whenever it's requested?

The mother thanked people for protesting. She then refused the wish when granted - even though it's her whinging that caused the protests that caused Ina to grant the wish. No one wants to be pressured into commitments to charity, that's not what charity is, and this is what happened here. The more mothers like this out there, the less celebrities will want to work with wish making foundations, and that's really, really sad

This mother has not learnt from this experience - her blog is still public, which to me screams, "I want attention!" not, "The most important thing is Enzo getting better."
    Last edited by Angelskates; 04-03-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I would quit defending the mother if I were you, IceAlisa. She keeps digging a hole and making me feel like I was certainly right to question her motives.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I would quit defending the mother if I were you, IceAlisa. She keeps digging a hole and making me feel like I was certainly right to question her motives.
    I don't understand. What hole? She has asked for this to stop and to move on. Why aren't you moving on?

from Speedy Death

vCash

Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. And it's "you're", not "your" in this case, btw.
    I didn't realize that proper usage of your vs you're had anything to do with the merits of this case. This is suppose to be a fun message board. I'm sure many of us would write differently, if we were writing in a professional capacity.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    So we can't assume that the mother intended for things to become so public yet we CAN assume that Ina turned down the child out of pure evilness and laziness or whatever reason you want to vilify her for? I don't see how that makes sense. Ideally, we should be doing NEITHER.
    I was doing neither. How about you?

Btw, who said Ina was pure evil? Or even regular evil?

vCash
    Sounds to me as if someone is looking for her own reality show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    I was doing neither. How about you?

Btw, who said Ina was pure evil? Or even regular evil?
    I should have quoted IceAlisa. I wasn't talking to you or anyone else.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I should have quoted IceAlisa. I wasn't talking to you or anyone else.
    Please quote me when I said Ina was evil. I didn't realize she had ubers. You must have missed the part when I said it's likely Ina didn't know about the situation until it went public. But if you want to continue with the , by all means.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Please quote me when I said Ina was evil. I didn't realize she had ubers. You must have missed the part when I said it's likely Ina didn't know about the situation until it went public. But if you want to continue with the , by all means.
    I'm not an Ina uber. Never saw her show, couldn't pick her out of a line up. But I can on principal feel sorry for someone who is getting racked over the coals for not doing someone else a favor. Its a principal matter for me. I'd imagine that celebrities get bombarded with so many charity offers that if they accepted everyone one, they'd never have time for a personal or professional life . So they learned the value of the word "no", and since I'm not privy to Ina's schedule I can't say whether this offer was more unique than her other offers. Nor can I judge for her what offers should be more important. And yes I can imagine that she would hire staff to sort through the offers, and once again since I'm not privy to the offers she gets or her schedule, I can't judge for her staff whether they were wrong not to choose this one.

vCash
    Where is that dead horse emoticon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Where is that dead horse emoticon?
    I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't some uber.

vCash
    I could quote where you said it was likely that Ina didn't know about the situation or I could quote this:

It sounds like she refused without trying.
    -Brian

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh that's right. Same thing as saying as she is evil.

And yes, the article I read did make it sound as if she refused without trying. When I read her rep's statement later on linked by a poster, I said it was unlikely she knew about it. What exactly is your problem with this again?

from Speedy Death

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Wow, talk about Pot. Kettle. black.

It's clear you intend to go on until you have the last word. I'm done with arguing with you as your personal attacks, twisting people's words and we demanding we defend this twisted version of them is tiresome. I post here to have fun not win arguments at all costs.

But for people who might find it funny... I had barely heard of the Barefoot Contessa before this. And yesterday I turn around from posting in this thread and what do I see sitting on my kitchen island? A box of "Barefoot Contessa Red Velvet Cupcake" mix.

Apparently the woman is not only an evil child hater, she's EVERYWHERE!!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    What exactly is your problem with this again?
    You still don't know???
    -Brian

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast