Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 397
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    So, maybe Bryan isn't the best technical coach or is still working on that area of his coaching.
    But that doesn't help Brian much now does it. He was renowned for his technicality when he skated competitively, and that track record was perhaps why Adam hired him as head coach two years ago. Now that Adam dropped Brian without a proper explanation other than "it's a right time to move on" or something like that, other top skaters who considered Brian as their future coach may now have second thoughts.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It is good Adam left Brian. But to go with Ghislain may not work. If Adam has worked with Ghislain for two years as he said and his triple axle still has not improved, he needs to look elsewhere.
    I am wondering whether this is an interim solution. Adam needs a strong technical coach right now. The one that comes to my mind is Priscilla Hill. Look at Armin. For the short time he moved to Priscilla, he got a beautiful triple axle. Adam needs a technical coach that has proven success. I am not sure if Ghislain has achieved that. He used to have Maxim Billy F who is a talented jumper competing head to head with Kevin R and Patrick Chan. But now we do not hear from him anymore. I heard there are a number of young talented skaters at Cricket Club who have not progressed much in the last couple of years. Some have left Criket and others started to train in the US part time now. It makes one wonder if there is a strong technical coach at that club.
    As for Christina Gao, she is a very talented jumper. Like Yuna, she already had all her jumps when she moved to Brian. But she has not fixed her two jump problems: flutz and double axle. This year Agnes beat her in almost all competitions. She should have come 2nd or 3rd at Nationals based on her program contents but finished 5th two years in a role now. I am not surprised if she is thinking about moving too.
    Having said all that, a coach and a skater have to match personality wise. Not all coaches will work well with all skaters. All the best for Adam, Brian, Ghislain and Christina.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Look out everyone, train wreck ahead. There's Yunabots sliming all over the tracks. Quick jump before it's too late.
    Yeah, go ahead and jump. Don't forget to take with you Orserbots and other trolls who can't waste an opportunity to drag Yu-Na into this.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Thank god we finally have another place to argue about the split between Brian and Yu Na! I had been missing those threads from last summer.
    finally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Look out everyone, train wreck ahead. There's Yunabots sliming all over the tracks. Quick jump before it's too late.
    Not just yunabots, also yuna haters!



    anyway, I wish good things with Adam

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    at FSU
    Posts
    3,924
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2790
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    Yeah, go ahead and jump. Don't forget to take with you Orserbots and other trolls who can't waste an opportunity to drag Yu-Na into this.
    The thread is about Adam getting a new coach. It shouldn't have anything to do with Yuna. Brian is the ex coach and from what we gather their parting was amicable. I've never even heard of an Orserbot. Is that a phrase Yunabots use? Do they have little Orser dolls that they stab with needles? I truly wouldn't know. Now let's get the thread back to Adam shall we?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.


  6. #86

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    On the brink
    Posts
    9,896
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1444
    I had great hopes for Adam this season after he won 4CC last year, but he really went backwards this season after a strong start at Skate Canada. I hope he can get back on track because I really like his skating. It's makes you wonder when a skater changes coaches 3 times in 4 years though (to Morosov in 2007, to Orser in 2009, now Briend).

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It must be really awkward for Adam and Brian to run into each other at the club from now on no matter what the reason for the breakup was. Hopefully this thing ends here... we have seen enough of what Brian is capable of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    ...I've never even heard of an Orserbot...
    Funny, "Maobot" and "Yunabot" are not exactly words found in an English dictionary either.
    Last edited by amaro; 04-02-2011 at 12:02 PM.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Notice how Adam made the coaching change and promptly issued a press release thanking Brian for everything that Orser had done for him. He didn't hang around the rink for months on end ignoring Orser and then have his parents do the dirty work, and then still not bother issuing a press release or making a public announcement.

    I don't think there will be any awkwardness at all if Adam chooses to stay in Toronto.
    I meant this kind of bot. This lady seems to me really biased and speaking on limited information. Fact is, Yu-Na said words of appreciation and wished him well with blessings on multiple occasions.

    You cannot blame so-called yunabots for responding to such unfair accusation.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 04-02-2011 at 01:46 PM.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I wonder how long Christina will stick around. Just as Adam's 3A hasn't improved a whole lot under "Mr. Triple Axel" over last two years, Christina hasn't fixed her flutz under him either. With two of her favorite training buddies left already, my hunch is that it would be just a matter of time before she packs her own bags and goes au revoir.
    Idk. You make some good points, but as far as I can tell, Christina and Brian get along well, and Brian really seems to care about Christina. Also, with Yuna and Adam gone now and Christina scheduled to make her senior debut internationally next season, there could be perks to her being Brian's "star pupil" and getting a lot of attention and 1-on-1 coaching. And further, Christina has improved tremendously under Brian, whereas Adam seemed to take a step backward this season. Gao maybe didn't have as good of a season as she hoped, but that was probably more due to her growth than anything else. Her flutz is improving and her 2a technique has always been bad, although unfortunately for her, she can't just leave it out of her programs like Yuna leaves out 3lo, Miki 3f, Mirai and Alissa 3s, etc. A lot of skaters have a problem jump and they aren't leaving their coaches. With Adam the issue seems to be mental, and his problem is on a jump crucial to making it internationally - with Christina, it's different, she already has a 3f-3t and while her faulty 2a is a setback, it's not killing her chances to do well.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    On the brink
    Posts
    9,896
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1444
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    I meant this kind of bot. This lady seems to me really biased and speaking on limited information. Fact is, Yu-Na said words of appreciation and wished him well with blessings on multiple occasions.
    The idea that I'm any sort of Orser uber is ridiculous. I don't think either party behaved particularly well under the circumstances, and have said so more than once. However, I do have knowledge of the accepted way of changing coaches.

    I also note how quickly you and the other Yu-Nabots jumped into this thread to trash Orser over Adam changing coaches. What knowledge do you have of the situation?

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Idk. You make some good points, but as far as I can tell, Christina and Brian get along well, and Brian really seems to care about Christina. Also, with Yuna and Adam gone now and Christina scheduled to make her senior debut internationally next season, there could be perks to her being Brian's "star pupil" and getting a lot of attention and 1-on-1 coaching. And further, Christina has improved tremendously under Brian, whereas Adam seemed to take a step backward this season. Gao maybe didn't have as good of a season as she hoped, but that was probably more due to her growth than anything else. Her flutz is improving and her 2a technique has always been bad, although unfortunately for her, she can't just leave it out of her programs like Yuna leaves out 3lo, Miki 3f, Mirai and Alissa 3s, etc. A lot of skaters have a problem jump and they aren't leaving their coaches. With Adam the issue seems to be mental, and his problem is on a jump crucial to making it internationally - with Christina, it's different, she already has a 3f-3t and while her faulty 2a is a setback, it's not killing her chances to do well.
    Hope you are right and Gao stays with the current coach, because changing coaches takes tolls.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I don't think Orser has any way to make a fusso about Rippon's departure-who's he going to contact, Phil Hersh?

    The reason that Orser was able to make a big deal out of Kim is because she has some level of name recognition outside of the skating world-Rippon really doesn't.
    Thank God no media blitz this time. Good for him and good for Rippon. I feel that Orser would have handled the split with Yu-Na in a different way, had she had a backing from a stronger federation.

    This could be a good thing for Gao since she can have more attention, and I really, really wish her to stick with Orser as she is now his only top prospect.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i agree that adam's programmes this year were v. boring and uninspired. he's so young. needs to go out and have some fun!! rach two and romeo & juliette - way too serious ...

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    631
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I loved both programs, they were very beautiful, he is a figure skater who knows how to interpret the classics in my opinion. And "Romeo" is a program definitely for a young skater.
    Last edited by care bear; 04-02-2011 at 12:49 PM.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I also note how quickly you and the other Yu-Nabots jumped into this thread to trash Orser over Adam changing coaches. What knowledge do you have of the situation?
    LOL.. It was YOU who quickly jumped into this thread with judgment loaded statements biased against Yu-Na.

    You are free to see what you want to see. But I believe I have better picture of what really transpired and who were behind it.

  16. #96

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    On the brink
    Posts
    9,896
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1444
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    LOL.. It was YOU who quickly jumped into this thread with judgment loaded statements biased against Yu-Na.

    You are free to see what you want to see. But I believe I have better picture of what really transpired and who were behind it.
    By the time I posted in this thread, you and the rest of the Yu-Nabots had already been posting that Adam leaving, which has nothing to do with what went down with Yu-Na, was proof positive that it was all Orser's fault and this was proof positive that Orser was a bad coach.

    But like the skater you adore, you can't admit when you've behaved badly. Speaking of which, I see your darling Yu-Na is embroiled in yet another lawsuit. Why do so many of her business relationships end up badly or in court?

  17. #97
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11026
    Please don't feed the trolls!
    Can't skate but love to watch

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I was not surprised at this news at all.
    I figured out that Adam could not stay with Oser any longer.

    But,,it's nobody's fault.
    Coach changing issue is nothing special in figure skating world, therefore we just need to respect skater's own decision.
    That will do.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    The idea that I'm any sort of Orser uber is ridiculous. I don't think either party behaved particularly well under the circumstances, and have said so more than once. However, I do have knowledge of the accepted way of changing coaches.

    I also note how quickly you and the other Yu-Nabots jumped into this thread to trash Orser over Adam changing coaches. What knowledge do you have of the situation?
    I remember how quicjly you and the other YuNa haters jumped to trash YuNa when the split happened without any detailed knowledge of the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Speaking of which, I see your darling Yu-Na is embroiled in yet another lawsuit.
    This is her first lawsuit ever. The previous one was between companies and had nothing to do with her. Another evidence that you bashes YuNA without exact knowledge.
    Last edited by lakewood; 04-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    But like the skater you adore, you can't admit when you've behaved badly. Speaking of which, I see your darling Yu-Na is embroiled in yet another lawsuit. Why do so many of her business relationships end up badly or in court?
    Gosh, you are really of the kind that take a quick glance of the headlines, make a judgment, and never bother to investigate as to what the truth is, aren't you.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •