Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Podium girls at Vuelta make Yuna Kim look like a teenage boy
    vCash
    I really don't understand why Orser fans kept saying that Yuna did something wrong all the time. Orser gave Yuna ample reasons to leave him and Yuna was trying to keep the separation as low key as possible, so that Orser could continue on with his coaching career with his reputation intact. It was Orser who blabbered away to the media.

Rippon leaving Orser just confirmed that Yuna made the right decision to leave Orser and Toronto. He wasn't much of a coach material. You see how she thrives under a much better coach and in a much better training environment.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaonlyhope View Post
    Rippon leaving Orser just confirmed that Yuna made the right decision to leave Orser and Toronto. He wasn't much of a coach material. You see how she thrives under a much better coach and in a much better training environment.
    Yeah she's had much better results in all the competitions she's entered since she split with Orser, compared to her lousy track record with him.

Oh, wait a sec...

/sarcasm

vCash
    I really don't understand why Orser fans kept saying that Yuna did something wrong all the time. Orser gave Yuna ample reasons to leave him and Yuna was trying to keep the separation as low key as possible, so that Orser could continue on with his coaching career with his reputation intact. It was Orser who blabbered away to the media.

I wasn't impressed by how ANYONE acted in the Brian/Yu-na drama. Brian didn't have to go into all kinds of detail about the split with the media, Yu-na could have issued a release earlier. The list goes on and on.

Absolutely top skaters leave and so I don't think Orser's career is ruined whatsover. This being said there's still a big difference between Orser and Frank IMO. Frank trained Michelle up as a kid, and had other students before them. Orser took on two junior World champions. I think with Brian we will get a much better idea of what kind of coach he is, later on in his career. This being said Gao has improved tremendously.

Yeah she's had much better results in all the competitions she's entered since she split with Orser, compared to her lousy track record with him.

Oh, wait a sec...

/sarcasm
    Kim was a Junior World Champion and Senior Grand Prix Final champion pre Orser. She absolutely improved under Brian, but a lot of her qualities were already there. Whether she stays in competition I suspect will be more due to her own desire than whether she needs Brian.

vCash
    Rippon leaving Orser just confirmed that Yuna made the right decision to leave Orser and Toronto.
    How do you figure?? What Adam decides has nothing to do with Yu-Na. Do you think Orser shouldn't coach anyone, ever?

vCash

Really don't get your reasoning here...

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    You need a time-line. It was ORSER who talked to the media first and painted Yuna's mom being the culprit from the break up with Yuna responding to defend her. It was HIM who made a big fuss about a student leaving.
    You need to go back and pay a little more attention to what actually happened But not to take away from the actual news in this thread, I'll leave you to just keep floating along in your Yuna-centric bubble and believing what you believe.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I don't think my reasoning is out of line at all.
    But it is dumb.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Notice how Adam made the coaching change and promptly issued a press release thanking Brian for everything that Orser had done for him. He didn't hang around the rink for months on end ignoring Orser and then have his parents do the dirty work, and then still not bother issuing a press release or making a public announcement.

I don't think there will be any awkwardness at all if Adam chooses to stay in Toronto.

How in the world do you know Adam "promptly issued" a press release? Are you a staff member at the club? The rumor has it that Adam has shopped around for a new coach for a while before he made the announcement today. In the other case - you would remember if you are not hopelessly biased - she sincerely and openly thanked Orser for his role of taking her to the OGM; that was before Orser opted to take the path of his ridiculous media circus that we all had to watch through.

Let's not mix up "what you hope happened" with "what was revealed." What we know is Adam dropped Orser, and all Adam said about the reason for dropping him was "At this time I need a change in the way I've been training... I learned a lot about myself, and I believe this coaching change is necessary."
    Last edited by amaro; 04-02-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    The rumor has it that Adam has shopped around for a new coach for a while before he made the announcement today.
    Not all rumors are necessarily true. Just sayin'.

Let's not mix up "what you hope happened" with "what was revealed."
    Rippon also said in the press release: "I've been working with Ghislain for more than two years, so the transition is natural and makes sense." Which sounds to me like he wants to be coached by Briand.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-02-2011 at 06:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Not all rumors are necessarily true. Just sayin'.

I agree with you, and that is my point.

vCash
    Like you said, skaters often switch coaches. Orser was the one who made a big fuss about Kim leaving. If history is any indication, Orser will likely make a fuss about Rippon's departure as well. I don't think my reasoning is out of line at all.
    I don't think Orser has any way to make a fuss about Rippon's departure-who's he going to contact, Phil Hersh?

The reason that Orser was able to make a big deal out of Kim is because she has some level of name recognition outside of the skating world-Rippon really doesn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Rippon did some Canadian SOI guest spots last year; he wasn't signed to any part of this year's Canadian tour (those contracts were signed a while ago).
    Perhaps this is the reason or part of the reason Rippon is leaving Orser? I seriously doubt Rippon would get guest spots for Canadian SOI if it weren't for Orser.

Then again, I guess dumping a useless someone happens all the time in life.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 04-02-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    People often will believe what they want to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    You need to go back and pay a little more attention to what actually happened But not to take away from the actual news in this thread, I'll leave you to just keep floating along in your Yuna-centric bubble and believing what you believe.
    Riiiigght. Because it was Yuna who blabbed everything to the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I don't think Orser has any way to make a fuss about Rippon's departure-who's he going to contact, Phil Hersh?

The reason that Orser was able to make a big deal out of Kim is because she has some level of name recognition outside of the skating world-Rippon really doesn't.
    i.e. if Orser is reasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    But it is dumb.
    I'm only referring to history and it isn't my fault Orser don't have much of a coaching track record for me to come up with a smart analysis.

vCash
    I'm only referring to history and it isn't my fault Orser don't have much of a coaching track record for me to come up with a smart analysis.
    Well considering that he's only been coaching for four years and he's already produced an Olympic and World Champion, as well as a 4CC Champion, that would already put him well ahead of most coaches with similar experience.

And the correct wording is "Orser doesn't have much".

vCash
    I wonder how long Christina will stick around. Just as Adam's 3A hasn't improved a whole lot under "Mr. Triple Axel" over last two years, Christina hasn't fixed her flutz under him either. With two of her favorite training buddies left already, my hunch is that it would be just a matter of time before she packs her own bags and goes au revoir.
    Last edited by amaro; 04-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    I wonder if people might be expecting too much of Bryan because he coached Yuna? Bryan has always struck me as an upfront and pleasant person and I think the break-up with Yuna was just a bad situation all round.

However, in terms of coaching, Yuna was already a star when she came to Bryan and others had done the technical training with her. What Bryan gave her was emotional and she gained consistency and confidence under his coaching. But he can't take credit for her success the way that Doug Leigh could for him and for Elvis, who trained with Leigh from a younger age.

The situation was a bit like TT and Yagudin - she took a great skater who had already developed his techinque and gave him a winning package.

So, maybe Bryan isn't the best technical coach or is still working on that area of his coaching.

vCash
    Look out everyone, train wreck ahead. There's Yunabots sliming all over the tracks. Quick jump before it's too late.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast