Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It will be interesting to see whether Rippon remains as a cast of Canadian SOI and when B starts to blame Rippon's parents for the break up.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 04-02-2011 at 01:39 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I do think Adam's 3A got better when he first switched to Orser. And he really blossomed in the rest of his skating the first seaosn - but something this season was just...off.
    In a recent interview Weir said that Rippon's body had matured a lot this year and that would affect his skating.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I've though it's another April Fools' though...

Hope it helps for a more successful future to Adam and Brian both.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Rippon did some Canadian SOI guest spots last year; he wasn't signed to any part of this year's Canadian tour (those contracts were signed a while ago).

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Adam has been landing gorgeous triple axels very consistently lately.
    That's good to hear - thanks for sharing this practice tidbit!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-02-2011 at 02:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    Yeah, when Kwan left Frank, his coaching career went kaput and he hasn't had another good skater since.
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    It will be interesting to see whether Rippon remains as a cast of Canadian SOI and when B starts to blame Rippon's parents for the break up.
    You expect that Brian Orser will do that??? You don't think YuNa's parents weren't involved with the decision to leave Brian? I've watched Brian Orser for a long, long time. He's always been classy and yet sensitive. I don't think the YuNa team handled things very well and he got emotional about it because he really cared for her. It was a very sudden inexplicable split, so assuming Brian is the one at fault, without really knowing anything, even about Rippon and why he's leaving, isn't fair.

I think Rippon has not been skating well; and when that happens, skaters often switch coaches. Lots of skaters do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I think Rippon has not been skating well; and when that happens, skaters often switch coaches. Lots of skaters do that.
    Some other skaters should have, like say Emanuel Sandhu. Anyway, back on topic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    You expect that Brian Orser will do that??? You don't think YuNa's parents weren't involved with the decision to leave Brian? I've watched Brian Orser for a long, long time. He's always been classy and yet sensitive. I don't think the YuNa team handled things very well and he got emotional about it because he really cared for her. It was a very sudden inexplicable split, so assuming Brian is the one at fault, without really knowing anything, even about Rippon and why he's leaving, isn't fair.

Like you said, skaters often switch coaches. Orser was the one who made a big fuss about Kim leaving. If history is any indication, Orser will likely make a fuss about Rippon's departure as well. I don't think my reasoning is out of line at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    But please no Tom Z.
    If that happens, I might fly to CO springs to stop him from getting off the plane.

vCash
    Notice how Adam made the coaching change and promptly issued a press release thanking Brian for everything that Orser had done for him. He didn't hang around the rink for months on end ignoring Orser and then have his parents do the dirty work, and then still not bother issuing a press release or making a public announcement.

I don't think there will be any awkwardness at all if Adam chooses to stay in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Notice how Adam made the coaching change and promptly issued a press release thanking Brian for everything that Orser had done for him. He didn't hang around the rink for months on end ignoring Orser and then have his parents do the dirty work, and then still not bother issuing a press release or making a public announcement.

I don't think there will be any awkwardness at all if Adam chooses to stay in Toronto.
    Or maybe he learned from that experience and don't make Orser angry.

Anyway, I still remember you posted at the break up thread and bragged Adam's accomplishments under Orser and he will be fine after Yuna left him with a strong showing at Japan Open. So, what happened?
    Last edited by riveredge; 04-02-2011 at 02:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Or maybe he learned from that experience and don't make Orser angry.
    Adam parted with Morosov in a similar manner. There's just a right way and a wrong way to do things and this is the right way.

vCash
    Adam parted with Morosov in a similar manner. There's just a right way and a wrong way to do things and this is the right way.
    Right wayyyy by talking to the media like it never ends.

Anyway, I wish Adam well and the same goes to Brian.

vCash
    I'm confused by everyone's assumptions here.

1. This is hardly Adam's first coaching change, so why is it assumed to all be Orser's fault.

2. I doesn't sound like a change at all. The article makes it sound more like an assistant coach poaching one of the head coach's top students.

3. If it's all about a better 3a, and Briand can give Adam that, why didn't he give it to him two years ago when he first started working with him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Orser was the one who made a big fuss about Kim leaving.
    BWAHAHA. I don't think it was Orser sending out Tweets about people being liars.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    I'm confused by everyone's assumptions here.

1. This is hardly Adam's first coaching change, so why is it assumed to all be Orser's fault.

2. I doesn't sound like a change at all. The article makes it sound more like an assistant coach poaching one of the head coach's top students.

3. If it's all about a better 3a, and Briand can give Adam that, why didn't he give it to him two years ago when he first started working with him?
    1. Because Orser had a student leave him recently. We can assume it's always his fault based on recent history.[/sarcasm]

2/3. It'll be interesting to see how Rippon develops. He's had such a dramatic downfall since the Japan Open. He went from beating the reigning WC on his home ice (fluff competition, I know) to not even medalling at his own Nationals. Regardless of speculation, something didn't work this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    BWAHAHA. I don't think it was Orser sending out Tweets about people being liars.
    You need a time-line. It was ORSER who talked to the media first and painted Yuna's mom being the culprit from the break up with Yuna responding to defend her. It was HIM who made a big fuss about a student leaving.

vCash
    Notice how Adam made the coaching change and promptly issued a press release thanking Brian for everything that Orser had done for him. He didn't hang around the rink for months on end ignoring Orser and then have his parents do the dirty work, and then still not bother issuing a press release or making a public announcement.I don't think there will be any awkwardness at all if Adam chooses to stay in Toronto.
    That is exactly Orser's claim. If you believe it, fine. But, I don't.

vCash
    Thank god we finally have another place to argue about the split between Brian and Yu Na! I had been missing those threads from last summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    If that happens, I might fly to CO springs to stop him from getting off the plane.
    I'll help stage that intervention.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast