Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think she should skate as long as she can. She can always go to college but she can't always skate. If she can do both, great.
    I think Sasha said that she wanted to go to college while she was close to the same age as her classmates because she wants the whole college experience.

vCash
    Good-luck to Sasha! I always enjoyed her skating, so wish her the best.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I think that it is great that she is going to college. She looked fabulous on the "Today" show..I like her hair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    But there are freshman in their 30's, 40's, 50's, and 70's in college all the time. You just need to have the desire-and be young at heart.
    Absolutely. My comment was NYU-specific. My opinion is that it's not the easiest place to be a non-traditional undergrad student (i.e. not 18-years-old).

Best of luck to Sasha.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    Not sure I see what's so difficult about NYU for a 27-year-old, especially one who looks like she's still a teenager. NYU is in the middle of Manhattan, where students can move in whatever circles they desire, college-related or otherwise. It's probably the most urban campus in America (if you can even consider it a campus), with classes in high-rise buildings, dorms in hotels, and a large number of students who live off campus. It isn't as if this is a school in a "college town" in the middle of nowhere where all students live in on campus.

vCash
    Sasha was accepted to the Paul McGhee Division of NYU. It is specifically for adult students.

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/mcghee/

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Sounds like the right fit! Good for her.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Not sure I see what's so difficult about NYU for a 27-year-old, especially one who looks like she's still a teenager. NYU is in the middle of Manhattan, where students can move in whatever circles they desire, college-related or otherwise. It's probably the most urban campus in America (if you can even consider it a campus), with classes in high-rise buildings, dorms in hotels, and a large number of students who live off campus. It isn't as if this is a school in a "college town" in the middle of nowhere where all students live in on campus.
    I completely disagree. The feel of NYU vs.Columbia is like night and day IMHO. A walk thru wash sq can really feel like you've stumbled into a high school sr. class trip IMO.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I once met a 54 year old medical student. Just saying.
    ITA. In regards to what others think, don't knock it. I took online courses in 2009 related to my profession to become certified and licensed. I was 49 then.

I took another course this year (not online) to become certified which is related to the job I now have. I believe that no one's ever too old to further their education. It keeps the mind alert and alive.

It's good that Sasha is going to college to further her education ... no matter what the reason is.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I believe that no one's ever too old to further their education. It keeps the mind alert and alive.
    ITA even if it's just for fun. Most of us actually have to be constantly learning to keep our professional status active, licenses valid, etc... and for people of my generation at least, a mid-life career change is almost the norm so tons of people go back to school in their mid-life years.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Most of us actually have to be constantly learning to keep our professional status active, licenses valid, etc...
    Yup. Le sigh. Those continued ed classes are a constant in many people's lives.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I once met a 54 year old medical student. Just saying.
    Over the years I've seen some news footage of same-and even older students! Quite inspiring imo. I went back to college myself (just for fun this time around) to take some Liberal Arts courses. I had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by OKOK View Post
    Sasha was accepted to the Paul McGhee Division of NYU. It is specifically for adult students.

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/mcghee/
    Very cool!

Congrats and the best of luck in this new endeavor Sasha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think it would be really hard to be a 27-year-old freshman at NYU. The New School would be better, imo.
    it's really not a big deal imo. she looks 12 lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    it's really not a big deal imo.
    Yeah, I remember when I was a freshman in college (I went to a large school in the middle of a big city like NYU), my lab partner in my bio class was 60 years old. She was someone who worked all her life and never had a chance to go to college until later in life. Of course, I can't speak for everyone, but no one in our class treated her differently and I loved working with her. I don't see age being a big deal for Sasha, especially as many are saying, she looks so young anyway.

vCash
    Congrats to Sasha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12